Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well duh.

Jimmah Carter did the same thing during his administration by banning Iranians from entering the country.

I'm all for restricting immigration from nations where islam is the predominate religion. Maintain economic and diplomatic ties, just no entry. Good fences make for good neighbors. I personally feel that our cultures are just too far removed to allow for mass migration.
    Who else gets banned for being too different?

Deleted
    So I guess no muslims in US? Lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    So banning people from countries we are at war with isn't PC?? lul okay. Recently Trump made sure to point out he didn't mean all muslims but those that are from countries we are at war with or where ISIS holds significant influence. I don't understand how this isn't a fair point of view. At least we aren't putting them in internment camps (like the Japanese in WWII). No matter how much you spray sparkles on muslims they don't fit in our country's system and they seek to turn our country back another 500 years to sharia law and forcing females to wear burkas and unable to get jobs or leave the house, only their "special snowflake" meat I forget what its called, banning alchohol and stoning of gay people. That is the culture you want to bring to the US.
    Hey now don't remind the leftists that their God king FDR imprisoned U.S. citizens with no due process or recourse, just for having slanty eyes.

It would almost certainly fail under SCOTUS scrutiny. As soon as he amends American laws via executive order that transgress religious freedoms, then he has crossed that line. Just because they are not here, yet, does not mean that any such action is constitutional. It's not a matter of trying to push it across our borders, it's a matter of pushing it AT our borders.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Who else gets banned for being too different?
    No one?

We have no obligation to allow migration from any nation where the prevailing religion or culture advocates or outright engages in behavior like throwing gays off buildings, crucifying non-believers, mass rape, enslavement..etc etc.

No. Obligation

Well duh.

Jimmah Carter did the same thing during his administration by banning Iranians from entering the country.

I'm all for restricting immigration from nations where islam is the predominate religion. Maintain economic and diplomatic ties, just no entry. Good fences make for good neighbors. I personally feel that our cultures are just too far removed to allow for mass migration.
    But Jimmy Carter banned immigration from a hostile nation. Trump pushed to ban people based on religion. That's a big difference.

No one?

We have no obligation to allow migration from any nation where the prevailing religion or culture advocates or outright engages in behavior like throwing gays off buildings, crucifying non-believers, mass rape, enslavement..etc etc.

No. Obligation
    So just Muslims. In all the wide world they're the only group, all billion or so of them from all kinds of schools and nations, that just can't fit in?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It would almost certainly fail under SCOTUS scrutiny. As soon as he amends American laws via executive order that transgress religious freedoms, then he has crossed that line. Just because they are not here, yet, does not mean that any such action is constitutional. It's not a matter of trying to push it across our borders, it's a matter of pushing it AT our borders.
    Actually it is constitutional.

The constitution only applies to citizens, or people in the jurisdiction of the U.S. or its territories. Muhammid ahmed from Pakistan isn't afforded constitutional protections, nor do they have a right to enter our nation.

So just Muslims. In all the wide world they're the only group, all billion or so of them from all kinds of schools and nations, that just can't fit in?
    Thats kinda twisting his words a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It says right in the quote that it’s fine via SCOTUS review, and that the President whoever it is doesn’t need Congressional or any other input in order to enact this.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Do you guys know how you become a Muslim?

Repeat this phrase:

ل* إله إل* *لله محمد رسول *لله
    lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muḥammadur-rasūlu-llāh
    (There is no god but God. Muhammad is the messenger of God)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shahada

Boom, you're a Muslim.

So I'd like to see how you're going to separate Muslims from non-Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    By the way, has the Internet in Australia gotten better?
    Not unless you're one of the lucky people living in an NBN enabled area.

And even better if you got in with FTTP instead of FTTN. Thanks, Libs...

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Why are we apparently okay with this, but banning people from nations who support terrorism (until we can properly screen them) is supposedly super evil?
    Because those laws may be on book but are never enforced, rendering them effectively non-laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The constitution only applies to citizens, or people in the jurisdiction of the U.S. or its territories. Muhammid ahmed from Pakistan isn't afforded constitutional protections, nor do they have a right to enter our nation.
    1st amendment doesn't apply to people, it applies to the government.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1]
    There is no clause in there allowing the Congress to enact such laws so long as they only target noncitizens.

But our laws in regards to our borders do fall under our jurisdiction. It would surely be challenged in court, and I highly doubt the SCOTUS will go for it.

Nah, I'm sure the President could find an extra sheet of paper somewhere to scribble out another Order of this magnitude covering another type, if need be. It's a pretty flexible, all encompassing legal power. There's quite a few sheets of paper available at the White House to cover any who might come up, I'd imagine.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    It says right in the quote that it’s fine via SCOTUS review, and that the President whoever it is doesn’t need Congressional or any other input in order to enact this.
    Once again, this would certainly be challenged in court, and it would go to the SCOTUS. If you think the SCOTUS would go along with it, then good luck with that.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..."

Please tell me where in that clause you are getting that this clause is about the rights of citizens, and not about limitations on government? Hint: There is nothing in there about rights of citizens.

To reiterate, the 1st amendment (at least in so far as its relevant) does not say you can practice your religion without interference, it says the government can't pass laws with respect to religion. Who the 1st Amendment restricts/empowers is more than a matter of semantics.

Hey now don't remind the leftists that their God king FDR imprisoned U.S. citizens with no due process or recourse, just for having slanty eyes.
    Considering lefties fault FDR for this policy, I don't understand why this is still being lobbed around like a political missile. Yes, FDR did this. We think it's terrible. Doesn't mean we can just let Trump do this. Not everyone gets a turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Considering lefties fault FDR for this policy, I don't understand why this is still being lobbed around like a political missile. Yes, FDR did this. We think it's terrible. Doesn't mean we can just let Trump do this. Not everyone gets a turn, here.
    Its just the throwback version of "Obama liberal messiah".

Some dumb shit isn't worth engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Considering lefties fault FDR for this policy, I don't understand why this is still being lobbed around like a political missile. Yes, FDR did this. We think it's terrible. Doesn't mean we can just let Trump do this. Not everyone gets a turn.
    You're wasting your time. Since the right naturally adores leadership and falling in like with authority, they think the left works the same way, just with different authorities.

- - - Updated - - -

Its just the throwback version of "Obama liberal messiah".

Some dumb shit isn't worth engaging.
    The party that spends all their time jerking off to Reagan.... projection.