Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Can someone give me a quick run through of what Fury should be doing on trash packs? What I usually do is this:

Charge -> Battle Cry -> Dragon Roar -> Whirlwind -> Bloodthirst -> Odyn's Fury. This is usually a pretty significant amount of burst on trash but I'm wondering if there's anything better that I can be doing, or if my order is right. Odyn's Fury is usually cast right when Battle Cry ends so I still get the crit of the initial effect. After this I generally just Whirlwind to weave in new Bloodthirsts and Rampages.

Does anyone have a weakaura for "Gift of Radiance" that shows the CD :$?

Deleted
    Hello guys!

Sorry for the nuubish question, but is there somewhere to find logs from recent raids with strong ARMS warriors?
    I tried to google it without much success.. Doesn't it exist on ask mr robot anymore?

Been away from the game for 2 years and never played arms, but I want to check it out more.

Both noxxic and icy veins guides put out guides without FR, and it seems to be an important skill for the build.
    But Im trying out my DPS on the raid dummy but can only pull 140-150k DPS, seems a bit low so I want to see how the spec should be executed.

I havn't tested arms in real situations expect dummies cus I havn't had much time to play beside raids the last few weeks cus of a big workload atm.

Thx in ad

The most used log site is warcraftlogs.com

You might wanna have a look at heroic rather than mythic for the next few days, cause mythic just was released so the mythic logs may not be too consistent and reliable.

Deleted
    so which trinkets are bis now for fury warriors? i have SC(BRH) and FC(VoW) trinkets

Quote Originally Posted by TummyBoy View Post
    Can someone give me a quick run through of what Fury should be doing on trash packs? What I usually do is this:

Charge -> Battle Cry -> Dragon Roar -> Whirlwind -> Bloodthirst -> Odyn's Fury. This is usually a pretty significant amount of burst on trash but I'm wondering if there's anything better that I can be doing, or if my order is right. Odyn's Fury is usually cast right when Battle Cry ends so I still get the crit of the initial effect. After this I generally just Whirlwind to weave in new Bloodthirsts and Rampages.
    Dragon Roar is guaranteed crit, so no point to boost it with battle cry. It's better to have guaranteed whirlwind crit rather than boosting DR by 15% through Unrivaled Strength. Also due to almost guaranteed proc of Wrecking Ball on initial attacks - assuming you have the talent and some downtime occurred between last pack - its more important to get enraged so you boost your WW dmg even more:

charge -> dragon roar -> battle cry -> Bloodthirst -> Whirlwind -> odyn's -> Whirlwind/BT/Rampage

The choice on last attack depends whether you have wrecking ball proc -> WW, <4 adds -> BT, or enough rage for rampage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastlin View Post
    Dragon Roar is guaranteed crit, so no point to boost it with battle cry. It's better to have guaranteed whirlwind crit rather than boosting DR by 15% through Unrivaled Strength. Also due to almost guaranteed proc of Wrecking Ball on initial attacks - assuming you have the talent and some downtime occurred between last pack - its more important to get enraged so you boost your WW dmg even more:

charge -> dragon roar -> battle cry -> Bloodthirst -> Whirlwind -> odyn's -> Whirlwind/BT/Rampage

The choice on last attack depends whether you have wrecking ball proc -> WW, <4 adds -> BT, or enough rage for rampage.
    This is really helpful. Thanks for the info! I never would have guessed using Bloodthirst before WW myself, but it makes perfect sense with Wrecking Ball.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you approach pulls when you don't yet have BC up, or can't use it because you're going to fight a boss immediately after the trash pack? It makes it really hard to know what I should do, personally, because I don't want to Odyn's Fury without the 50%~ damage boost I get from Enrage.

Quote Originally Posted by TummyBoy View Post
    This is really helpful. Thanks for the info! I never would have guessed using Bloodthirst before WW myself, but it makes perfect sense with Wrecking Ball.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you approach pulls when you don't yet have BC up, or can't use it because you're going to fight a boss immediately after the trash pack? It makes it really hard to know what I should do, personally, because I don't want to Odyn's Fury without the 50%~ damage boost I get from Enrage.
    Do you have the Helya's Wrath trait yet? You should basically never have one on cooldown without the other. Once you get Helya's (10 second cooldown reduction on Battle Cry), you just delay Odyn's Fury the 5 seconds for Battle Cry and use them in tandem.

Quote Originally Posted by volgon View Post
    Do you have the Helya's Wrath trait yet? You should basically never have one on cooldown without the other. Once you get Helya's (10 second cooldown reduction on Battle Cry), you just delay Odyn's Fury the 5 seconds for Battle Cry and use them in tandem.
    Oh, I'm silly. I was so absorbed with getting my second golden trait I completely overlooked that.

My next talent will be Rage of the Valarjar, but after that I'll take Helya's Wrath right away and be fine.

Hmm, question, trinkets to use on a single target fight: Terrorbound nexus/Gift of radiance combo (both 840) or Gift and Chrono Shard instead (840) ? i do have heroic horn of valor and few passive mastery trinkets which are 830/835.

As Arms warrior.

Deleted
    I have a question for my Arms Warrior: During BC window < 20% (with DC specced), how does the Execute dmg calculate? Is it always as you would have max Rage or does it only count your current Rage or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by vest View Post
    I have a question for my Arms Warrior: During BC window < 20% (with DC specced), how does the Execute dmg calculate? Is it always as you would have max Rage or does it only count your current Rage or something else?
    Counts as if you would have max rage, that's why it's so powerful.

How much difference is there between the FR build and the standard one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi friends, it's been awhile. Looks like I'm busting the warrior out of retirement. How is Arms vs Fury these days?

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Deleted
    Hello!
    Did a simulation on my arms warrior today, with the latest update and i got this result:
    Haste: 20.57
    Mastery: 12.51
    Vers: 9.06
    str: 8.61
    crit. 7.30

Can this be correct? Before mastery was slightly better than haste for me, then i changed one item and haste increased very much. Really confusing.
    My current stats are:
    Mastery: 75%
    Haste: 18%
    Vers: 1%
    crit: 11%

Thanks for reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Mosmorgan View Post
    Hello!
    Did a simulation on my arms warrior today, with the latest update and i got this result:
    Haste: 20.57
    Mastery: 12.51
    Vers: 9.06
    str: 8.61
    crit. 7.30

Can this be correct? Before mastery was slightly better than haste for me, then i changed one item and haste increased very much. Really confusing.
    My current stats are:
    Mastery: 75%
    Haste: 18%
    Vers: 1%
    crit: 11%

Thanks for reply!
    Haste becomes better the closer to the 20% breakpoint you come so at 18% haste your sims will value haste above anything. After the breakpoint it falls off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Haste becomes better the closer to the 20% breakpoint you come so at 18% haste your sims will value haste above anything. After the breakpoint it falls off.
    And i should trust simcraft and go for haste the the moment? I'm really confused since i've read at different sites that mastery is the way to go all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Mosmorgan View Post
    And i should trust simcraft and go for haste the the moment? I'm really confused since i've read at different sites that mastery is the way to go all the time...

Go for as much mastery as possible while keeping as much haste as possible (without losing mastery) and then focus on versatility.

The haste breakpoint is worth it if you can get it without losing much mastery but it will also differ depending on your ping to the server (if you have bad ping you might need 23% or so haste instead of 20%)

Anyone know if the stats weights still the same? (mast=1.33, str=1, vers=0.88, hast=0.81, crit=0.65)

Iam tryin to force as much mastery as i can. Hows the 20% haste cap going?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kimicate View Post
    Anyone know if the stats weights still the same? (mast=1.33, str=1, vers=0.88, hast=0.81, crit=0.65)

Iam tryin to force as much mastery as i can. Hows the 20% haste cap going?
    Stat weights generally the same (obviously they depend on your gear, so simming would tell you exactly). Not worth going for the haste cap because it would mean sacrificing too much Mastery. So stick with your best master/haste and mastery/versa items