Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    You're saying there was no connection?
    No, I'm saying what I've already said. You're doing your usual and trying to cock up a situation that is pretty clear. Well, perhaps not entirely clear, but very well laid out. I'm not going to bite on your BS (granted, it's intelligent BS, just to be clear - you are a smart guy).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    When you hold people hostage until you get money regardless if it is owned to you or not, that's a ransom.
    In fact, it's not. At all. But you just keep on trucking, you Trumpers crack me up. Facts be damned! Make America great again!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    No, I'm saying what I've already said. You're doing your usual and trying to cock up a situation that is pretty clear. Well, perhaps not entirely clear, but very well laid out. I'm not going to bite on your BS (granted, it's intelligent BS, just to be clear - you are a smart guy).
    And now you won't answer a simple yes or no question, and instead you're questioning my motives?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    And now you won't answer a simple yes or no question, and instead you're questioning my motives?
    No, I'm saying you're smart.

No, I'm saying you're smart.
    Lol. One post is all it took. I didn't have to huff. I didn't have to puff. All I had to do was knock on the fucking door and you just rolled over. Good show, Cubby.

- - - Updated - - -

In fact, it's not. At all. But you just keep on trucking, you Trumpers crack me up. Facts be damned! Make America great again!
    It is, this isn't a Hillary vs Trump debate, you're very naive.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lol. One post is all it took. I didn't have to huff. I didn't have to puff. All I had to do was knock on the fucking door and you just rolled over. Good show, Cubby.
    No, I'm just engaging on this one - your huffing and puffing usually degenerates into you claiming things and defining things and the deteriorates into some lame definition argument. I'm just passing this time.

The exchange wasn't money for hostages. The facts and timing have been clearly laid out. And you know them - you're just trying to start some lame forum fight, and I'm choosing to pass this time. Pretty simple.

Edit: thanks Merkava - didn't see my absolutely glaring fucking typo. Owe you one.
    Last edited by cubby; 2016-08-19 at 05:08 AM.

No, I'm just engaging on this one - your huffing and puffing usually degenerates into you claiming things and defining things and the deteriorates into some lame definition argument. I'm just passing this time.

The exchange was money for hostages. The facts and timing have been clearly laid out. And you know them - you're just trying to start some lame forum fight, and I'm choosing to pass this time. Pretty simple.
    Too busy replacing your doors, little Cubby? Well, if you change your mind, you'll know where I'll be.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is, this isn't a Hillary vs Trump debate, you're very naive.
    Well, point me to something that says it was a hostage for money situation. Show me the quote or the data - since I'm so naive.

- - - Updated - - -

Too busy replacing your doors, little Cubby? Well, if you change your mind, you'll know where I'll be.
    My doors? Ok, you gotta explain that - I do not understand that reference and I really want to.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, whoops - fixed in original.

Well, point me to something that says it was a hostage for money situation. Show me the quote or the data - since I'm so naive.

- - - Updated - - -

My doors? Ok, you gotta explain that - I do not understand that reference and I really want to.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ransom

Full Definition of ransom
    : a consideration paid or demanded for the release of someone or something from captivity

Since Iran wouldn't release them until money was paid, it's a ransom, this isn't rocket science.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ransom

: a consideration paid or demanded for the release of someone or something from captivity

Since Iran wouldn't release them until money was paid, it's a ransom, this isn't rocket science.
    Apparently it's rocket science level for you. Everyone else gets it. You just need to what . . . read up on your telemetry? I don't know how else to help you understand this fairly straight forward situation. Maybe reread the news stories. Ask a friend. Join a book club?

Lol, whoops - fixed in original.
    That's fair. I'm not gonna try to hang you on a typo, I'll edit my post to reflect that.

Edit - post deleted.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's fair. I'm not gonna try to hang you on a typo, I'll edit my post to reflect that.

Edit - post deleted.
    Thanks. I appreciate that. Lesser men would have pounced.

So, what's your favorite event in the Olympics?

Also, you gotta explain the replacing doors thing. Please.
    Last edited by cubby; 2016-08-19 at 05:10 AM.

Thanks. I appreciate that. Lesser men would have pounced.

So, what's your favorite event in the Olympics?
    Ahh, nice. Women's gymnastics. Love it. But never watch it through-ought the year, in non Olympic years, I mean. Second might be diving.

I was just going for a "Big Bad Wolf" analogy from the fairy tale. Just a friendly jab, didn't mean anything really. Apologies if I offended.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, nice. Women's gymnastics. Love it. But never watch it through-ought the year, in non Olympic years, I mean. Second might be diving.
    One of my favorites as well. Those women are amazing. I'm also a badminton fan, but I can only watch that on the NBC site.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Ok, let me draw this in fucking crayon for you so you can understand it. There have been 8 investigations for this and even the House Republican Intelligence report even says there was no stand down order given. Fuck even Trey Gowdy fucking said there was no way to save them even if they left the same minute that they got the call for help.

http://correctrecord.org/fact-check-...to-stand-down/

And Trey Gowdy even saying there was no way to save them.

Are you done now? Or are you still going to beat that dead horse like a fucking drum and still be ignorant OF THE FUCKING FACTS that nothing could have been done to prevent it.
    And once again, the left resorts to vulgarity when logic and reason fail.

As I said before hindsight is 20/20. Sure we know now that there was no way to get there in time to save them. That's because we know now how long they survived. Until they died, we had idea how long that would be. We KNOW that military assets were activated - email by Leon Panettas chief of staff to Hillary Clinton said "They are spinning up as we speak."

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ate-department
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/spinning...eak-1449688261

Now unless you want to say they are still deployed on this mission for which they were "spinning up", then someone had to give a stand down order - almost certainly by senior military personnel after it was all over. Even after losing contact with the personnel in Benghazi, there was no way to know they were dead until significantly later. This rescue mission never arrived. Whether or not an "official" stand down order was given by the administration, there was no effort by the administration to save these people. They lacked the courage to make a decision one way or the other and just let time take care the problem for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It was clearly ransom. One can quibble I guess over the details, but in the end, we used money to negotiate the release of prisoners. That is ransom by any definition.
    No. It depends entirely on the context.

1: a consideration paid or demanded for the release of someone or something from captivity
    If the United States was going to pay Iran this sum of money, regardless of the existence of any prisoners, then by definition, it's not a ransom.

In fact, if that were the case, then it's the United States who won in this scenario. We owed them money, we were going to give it to them. We used the payment as leverage to get four Americans released.

Now I have no idea if that's the case or not. None of us do.

- - - Updated - - -

Except Iran did release the prisoners before we paid them the sum of money.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    And once again, the left resorts to vulgarity when logic and reason fail.

As I said before hindsight is 20/20. Sure we know now that there was no way to get there in time to save them. That's because we know now how long they survived. Until they died, we had idea how long that would be. We KNOW that military assets were activated - email by Leon Panettas chief of staff to Hillary Clinton said "They are spinning up as we speak."

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ate-department
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/spinning...eak-1449688261

Now unless you want to say they are still deployed on this mission for which they were "spinning up", then someone had to give a stand down order - almost certainly by senior military personnel after it was all over. Even after losing contact with the personnel in Benghazi, there was no way to know they were dead until significantly later. This rescue mission never arrived. Whether or not an "official" stand down order was given by the administration, there was no effort by the administration to save these people. They lacked the courage to make a decision one way or the other and just let time take care the problem for them.
    Vulgarity for what? Swearing? Did I hurt your tiny little SJW feelers? No one gave the stand down order. I gave you several sources that said that there wasn't one and you STILL say that there was. And sorry, I don't listen to a paywall site that sources Judicial Watch or National Review. I will actually listen to ACTUAL sources, you know, like the HOUSE REPUBLICAN INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE.

Why wasn't it paid in US currencies?

Apparently it's rocket science level for you. Everyone else gets it. You just need to what . . . read up on your telemetry? I don't know how else to help you understand this fairly straight forward situation. Maybe reread the news stories. Ask a friend. Join a book club?
    You must have trouble understanding dictionaries and definitions, it's sad you can't understand.