Surfing, Skateboarding & Sport Climbing "New" Olympic Sports for Tokyo 2020

To help attract a more younger audience, the IOC has introduced Surfing, Skateboarding and Sport Climbing
    as NEW Olympic Sports for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

I am happy that Skateboarding is now being considered an Olympic Sport
    There will probably be different categories , like Trick skating and the Bowl etc.
    Might even drag Tony Hawk out of retirement.

Surfing will be interesting.. I do not know how many professional surfers will rock up
    But Australia has some really good surfers.
    Dunno about Japanese surf spots, but they have some big Tsunami's

As for Sport climbing or Rock climbing..the climbers may be judged on difficulty of a climb...

Are you guys happy with the introduction of these New Olympic sports?
    I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly the Olympics is a bloated mess. They need to contract the number of events. So many events are borderline redundant; rowing and canoeing and now kayaking.

Its mostly a ploy for the IOC to negotiate for bigger TV deals... cuz more events. The IOC can also extort more sponsorship money from companies that equip those sports. Richer nations like it because they can field even larger teams, whereas poorer nations will struggle to keep up.

It also makes it that much harder for anyone to host a modern Olympics by enlarging the facilities required.

10+ Year Old Account
    on the bright side, Baseball and softball are also back! \o/ Let them stay this time.

but Im excited for surfing. Not so much the others. Oh and Karate!

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    on the bright side, Baseball and softball are also back! \o/ Let them stay this time.

but Im excited for surfing. Not so much the others. Oh and Karate!
    Well with Baseball back in the Olympics
    it may now be a proper "World Series".

Although, the USA can just put together a NY Yankees type Dream Team and win Gold anyways
    I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Well with Baseball back in the Olympics
    it may now be a proper "World Series".

Although, the USA can just put together a NY Yankees type Dream Team and win Gold anyways
    eh, Japan won the last time, right before they took it out cause us Americans won it too much. Im hoping they keep it post Japan though, because i do think several other countries could give us a run for our money.

be interestint to see how surfing is judged.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    be interesting to see how surfing is judged.
    Best Tsunami Surf

15+ Year Old Account
    Skateboarding will be awesome to watch Hype Tokyo 2020!

Deleted
    Too many sports requiring judges (ie, not real sports).

I'd rather see new sports added (with the exception of retarded shit like curling and trampoline) than the ridiculous bloat they have in medals within other sports. Oh, let's have a million medals for swimming/running by just doubling the length, adding more people, switching strokes/adding hurdles, etc. while team sports have to bust their asses through multiple rounds for maybe one medal. Yeah, Michael Phelps, what a winner.

I don't know how to feel about skateboarding been an olympic sport.
    I was a hardcore street skater for 15 years much less now with age and old injuries catching up on me, but anyone who skated for the true purpose of skating knows it's not about going for glory of a medal. It's about personal accomplishment and individuality. I fear the sport will lose some of its credibility if all any body does is skate to train yourself for the olympics.
    Street league has already pissed off a lot of people with its ultra competitive nature

inb4 "esports is a real sport"