Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The people I consider "SJW" are mostly those who are professionally offended. People who enforce their beliefs on others, who tell others how they should live their lives.

It's essentially a cult led by a handful of people high on power.

What most of these people(white people) have in common is that they like to talk about white privilege, but are actually unwilling to give up their privilege. It's essentially not social justice, more group justice as they gang up on individuals. It's just a very ugly thing, that I'm glad isn't that wide spread in Europe.

It's not a well defined term so people's definitions will vary, for me I see it as a pejorative term for someone who desires an authoritarian or totalitarian attitude toward social interactions that priorities a subjective set of values above an objective set.

If that feels slightly vague it's because it is. Put simply, someone who values feelings over facts and expects the world to do so too.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

This is an SJW, but they do come in other shapes and sizes. But the mindset is essentially the same.

This is another example.

Deleted
    But once again I read a lot of anti-SJW, describing a terrible moral preaching but don't see anyone doing this. Altough I did not set an actual bait for this.

Still, I see tons and tons of comments about it, but I hardly see anyone anywhere blamming the white hetero male. I don't say they do not exist but it looks like it is a very minor group of person with a ton of anti-SJW.

I am not a particular fan of nazis (I do not compare SJW to nazis) as I hope a lot of person. If nazis still exist they remain a very small minority and don't see to recieve much attention because of their number. Are SJW hate comment a bit overexagerated if we compare to the actual number of overexagerating SJW ? I really try but I found hard to found those SJW yet so many people talk about them.

But I am not (yet) everywhere and maybe they have more representation on other media than I thought.

But when I read about them they are depicted as pretty influencial, yet I did not see any practice of that in reality.
    Last edited by mmoc1ec7205cd1; 2016-08-04 at 08:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boyaki View Post
    But once again I read a lot of anti-SJW, describing a terrible moral preaching but don't see anyone doing this. Altough I did not set an actual bait for this.

Still, I see tons and tons of comments about it, but I hardly see anyone anywhere blamming the white hetero male. I don't say they do not exist but it looks like it is a very minor group of person with a ton of anti-SJW.

I am not a particular fan of nazis (I do not compare SJW to nazis) as I hope a lot of person. If nazis still exist they remain a very small minority and don't see to recieve much attention because of their number. Are SJW hate comment a bit overexagerated if we compare to the actual number of overexagerating SJW ? I really try but I found hard to found those SJW yet so many people talk about them.

But I am not (yet) everywhere and maybe they have more representation on other media than I thought.
    I think you probably missed the whole Gamergate debacle...

But let me tell you the reason you see less SJWs now is that funnily enough the people who identified as such were never about justice. They were just riding the bandwagon and since it's less socially acceptable now to be called SJW, and people like Ben Shapiro are wrecking SJWs left and right to the point, that no SJW is even willing to enter debates anymore, it's actually completely normal this cult is starting to subside.

Quote Originally Posted by boyaki View Post

That's pretty much it. They are a minority. A loud minority that for some reason gets recognized by people with power. So when they get their way, it often rubs the rest of the populous wrong.

The issue is that people with power like politicians and deans and, and even cops listen and bend to their will. No one would care about them if they didn't get stupid shit like the "female wage gap" to be taken serious and even had Bud Light being stupid enough to make a commercial to perpetuate their lies. It would be just like if the Neo Nazis actually had the influence to the point where even presidential candidates have to do lip service to their cause.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nheela View Post
    I think you probably missed the whole Gamergate debacle...

But let me tell you the reason you see less SJWs now is that funnily enough the people who identified as such were never about justice. They were just riding the bandwagon and since it's less socially acceptable now to be called SJW, and people like Ben Shapiro are wrecking SJWs left and right to the point, that no SJW is even willing to enter debates anymore, it's actually completely normal this cult is starting to subside.
    Thank god for that

It's basically 'Virtue Signalling' this person is singling out and some event to make themselves appear more enlightened or morally superior.

I'll give this a shot. Damn it. I mean darn it.

I'll give this a try.

It's a pariah term used by those who wish to justify bigotry and prejudice by creating a new term of bigotry and prejudice for people who don't share their beliefs.

Did I do it right? I mean left? WHERE THE FUCK AM I?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Put simply, someone who values feelings over facts and expects the world to do so too.
    OK gotta admit, that's just a much cleaner definition than my rambling mess

SJW: someone who values feelings over facts and expects the world to do so too

10+ Year Old Account
    Every butthurted person in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Every butthurted person in this thread.
    I did eat some jalapeno nachos. My butt is on fiyah!

It doesn't really mean anything as it's generally lobbed at anyone with common decency and manners.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I did eat some jalapeno nachos. My butt is on fiyah!
    Wimp. I made a stir-fry with five serrano chilis and a habanero earlier. Hell in. Hell out. Carry on, man up.

...oh damn it, I just went ... wait, is it SJW if I tell some to man up, or anti-SJW? I'm confused.

Deleted
    Very anti in my opinion.

Here is what I understand about SJWs...it's just people over reacting to other people over reacting - SJW has become a label and one often used to persecute those who deeply care about certain social issues.

but the public is very selective on who it snides at as a SJW - every gay rights campaigner or activist is essentially an SJW and yet it is those that are frontrunning a fight against things like sex trafficking, abortion that are labelled - worse, it's now become a term used for anyone who gets supersensitive about PC.

At it's core it's often used in an unkind way at people who really over press or pressure a situation or cause they care about. It's akin to the bible basher label given to Christians who are enthusiastic about sharing their faith and sometimes perceived as being over aggressive in the cause they champion.

It's hard preaching essentially, sometimes for important issues, but it's often a put off people who don't want to be involved or who are eventually tired of hearing about it.

Truth be told many of the issues are important, and people aren't that bothered, when they should and get annoyed when they're pressed, yet they seem to be more okay with a sales person pressing them to buy goods, but not an SJW pressing them into action for a cause.

Truth is not everyone agrees with the cause at hand, but people should care more about a lot of stuff that's going on, and it is their duty to find the truth out of a situation, a cause, or a creed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    It's akin to the bible basher label given to Christians who are enthusiastic about sharing their faith and sometimes perceived as being over aggressive in the cause they champion.
    I think you unintentionally stumbled upon the exact comparison I was looking for

SJWs are the new Bible Bashers - think left-wing version of Westboro Baptist Church

Deleted
    People who really care about something usually do more than cry. That's why people make fun of SJWs. All they do is cry and whine about things. What have they actually done to help gays or black people? I mean except dying their hair blue and getting insulted by everyone and everything.

Very anti in my opinion.
    HELP! I'm not doing it right? Or left? Actually is it possible to be wrong anymore? All of that was my opinion. Someone give me a participation ribbon. Please and thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

What have they actually done to help gays or black people?
    Ok ok, I'll go serious now. I actively got people who lived in my district to go vote against an amendment to redefine marriage as "one man, one woman." This was in a non-presidential year so turnout was going to be low. I gave eligible people rides to the voting station if they needed it.

We killed that thing by a mere 100k votes in a state of 5.5 million.

Stuff like that?

Edit: moot now, but the SCOTUS ruling came a couple years later.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2016-08-04 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    often used to persecute those who deeply care about certain social issues.
    It has zero to do with people who deeply care about anything. They are nothing but authoritarians whom abuse those social issues so they may repress speech until they feel things are 'correct' from their point of view.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    HELP! I'm not doing it right? Or left? Actually is it possible to be wrong anymore? All of that was my opinion. Someone give me a participation ribbon. Please and thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok ok, I'll go serious now. I actively got people who lived in my district to go vote against an amendment to redefine marriage as "one man, one woman." This was in a non-presidential year so turnout was going to be low. I gave eligible people rides to the voting station if they needed it.

We killed that thing by a mere 100k votes in a state of 5.5 million.

Stuff like that?

Edit: moot now, but the SCOTUS ruling came a couple years later.
    I don't think the term SJW applies to you and I think you know it. If you really were one you'd be very offended by now.

You're a good person!