Anyone on MMO C know what the Fatal Frame/Project Zero series is?

Someone recommended me this series for Halloween, so I did reading. This is supposedly one of the consistently best horror game series ever even now, with a very strong cult following. So strong in fact, the fourth game was fan translated and the remake of the second game is available to US peeps with patches on emulators.

But the cult following bit is because supposedly no one cares or knows of these games. The third game sold so poorly that American gamers wouldn't see anything until the fifth one a long time later.

I think the most attention Fatal Frame has gotten was when SJWs attacked said fifth game for skimpy costumes and got them removed but yeah that was all I heard until now.

Have any of you played a game in this series?

Played the first two, and they were awesome. It's a really good horror game since it forces you to use a first-person view to fight the ghosts (narrowing a lot your view of the surroundings = lots of more unexpected attacks) and the actual way to defeat them needs for you to wait the right moment which is usually a very narrow window - you basically counterattack them.

If you are a fan of horror games, they're definitely a must-play.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Played the first one on a slumber party at a friends house. Way out of the age rating. We didn't sleep much that night. The fear of some asian chick coming around to poke our eyes out for some kind of blinding ritual was enough to keep us awake :-)

The second one was good as well. I never played the third one. I think it wasn't even released here. Or it didn't get any marketing and I didn't noticed. I only learned there have been 2 more when they announced the 5th one. I got it and it was just shit in comparison to the first 2.

I've only played the first one, but its 100% worth your time. It's easily the scariest game I ever played. I've heard a lot of praise for the sequel as well.