Question on deciding between monk and shaman

So I've never played monk nor shaman before and just want a direction on what to pick. Got a few criterias I'm looking for that hopefully one will meet most if not all.

1. Currently who's doing better with the damage? While on the topic of damage, would enhancement be preferred over elemental for shaman?

2. Which one has more ease in healing? If in the off chance I want to try out healing, I'd prefer something a little more laid back and not intensive. Not aiming for mythic raids or anything. I've seen monks with their dragon totem things that look like it auto heals people. Friend told me healing on monk is like doing damage but outputting heals? I suppose it comes down to, which one do you guys find more fun?

3. Which one has more ease in soloing older content. I'm sure it's a non issue soloing cataclysm stuff and up, but which one has more room for error?

4. For melee, both classes use fist weapons primarily right?

5. Which has more mobility overall (for casual pvp purposes) and bring more utility to the group?

6. How are monk tanks anyways compared to the other tanks? Pretty much rarely/never see them in LFG or LFR.

7. I'm open to feedback. If what I've mentioned earlier is better fulfilled by other classes (which I already have) then maybe I'll just skip the 2 and wait for demon hunter and see how they are.

1. Elemental is doing more damage than WW and Enh

2. Restoration Shaman is easier. Dragon statue is Jade Dragon Statue talent and its mediocore choice. Monk Healer can fistweave but its not forced upon and is generally not used.

3. Old content is easy to do as anyone. Panda content might be easiest as Brewmaster coz you cant really die.

4. Enh and WW use 1h axes maces and fistweapons and monk can use 1h swords.

5. Monk is way more mobile. Cant talk about pvp but shamans were more prominent except for Elemental

6. Monks are rare and most of them are WW anyways. Monk tank is boring as only one interesting decision is how to use your brews. They are mediocore I think.