Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    We still didn't learn the difference between the demons and the demon hunters. The explanation given was weak and something of a cop out.

Yup bunch of demon hunters, not prepared, now prepared. Got it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    Illidan's voice is way too sexy
    I still prefer the one he had in Warcraft 3, but this one is okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    We still didn't learn the difference between the demons and the demon hunters. The explanation given was weak and something of a cop out.
    I concur. Guess it only makes sense if you have demonic fire burning in your brain. I suppose that's why we fought them in TBC; because we, as regular mortal heroes, thought that their agenda was crazy.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Well that was a let down. It's pretty shit compared to the previous two.

Just a compacted version of what went down in the book when they invaded Nathreza. A few cheesy lines and just DH posing to look cool. Quite shallow.

How can people not get the difference?

The demonhunters give all for their world to save it no matter the cost. This is something foreign to the burning legion, which exists only to destroy, convert and consume worlds.

Deleted
    focus on a night elf daughter is a complete misscast. female body is not heroic, it looks bad in binding and did not fit the cinematic. they should have go son route. I imagine that it is some sort of progressive point score: strong womyn be like men, they question, learn and are like total badasses, fabulous 2016 rainbow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    focus on a night elf daughter is a complete misscast. female body is not heroic, it looks bad in binding and did not fit the cinematic. they should have go son route. I imagine that it is some sort of progressive point score: strong womyn be like men, they question, learn and are like total badasses, fabulous 2016 rainbow.
    Oh look, more dumb ass misogynist bullshit out of your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    That's probably a random Demon Hunter. No one people should care about...

You could try to speculate who it is if you read the Illidan novel, but if you didn't I don't want to spoil it for you.

OT:
    Expected something more, Khadgar and Gul'dan were better for me.
    it could be a random, but it'd be funner if she was someone of at least minimal significance.

she could also be that one night elf i saw in a starting video thread... the one that loses herself(himself? can't remember correctly) to the metamorphosis. after all, the pitlord said she smelled more like a demon than a hunter.

That female sounds way too much like Paula Patton aka Garona in the movie. I didn't like that voice acting. The story was absurdly shallow compared to the previous two.

And yeah... LAUREL AUSTIN IS AN ART GOD IN HUMAN FORM. She is really the ace of all the digital artists at Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    nothing you said holds any actual water or weight. its 2016, not the 1940's. It's nothing to do with a progressive point score or some "SJW statement" you seem to be implying. Its people and individuals. This one happens to be a woman and you happen to be a insignificant smear in an age that has moved on past your and your kinds sort of thoughts ages ago. The only function of such notions is to slow us down and hold us back from a good future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    The difference is that the legion goes to all lengths to destroy and enslave all life, and demon hunters will give up everything (including their "humanity") to stop them and bring about peace.

What didnt you understand?

I'd say they ended the meme, it was inevitable - did you expect anything else honestly? Happy to see Illidan's arc moving along

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    The difference is that the legion goes to all lengths to destroy and enslave all life, and demon hunters will give up everything (including their "humanity") to stop them and bring about peace.

What didnt you understand?
    The issue is that he didn't answer her question the way the game will. The important thing was missing: "What sacrifice?" The game will show, but that short video did not, why they need to go through such lengths and what they really did sacrifice rather than "We could have been Mages or Shaman but screw it let's get pumped up on Fel and hope it was worth it."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    still no clue as to who she is. hope she plays a part in the first content patch of legion at least.
    Isn't the idea that that could be you, the player?
    That's what I got out of it...

Lightbulb

To everyone wondering who that female Demon Hunter in the video is:
    Kor'vas Bloodthorn https://wow.gamepedia.com/Kor%27vas_Bloodthorn

Source: https://twitter.com/TerranGregory/st...56311149428736

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    That was, by far, the least of the three. The first told us a story we'd never heard before and did so with legitimate dramatic tension. The second brought up things the game itself had more or less abandoned prior to this expansion. The third was a pilot for a saturday morning cartoon and didn't even bother to finish its point. If you only saw the video you'd think their only different is willingness to die for their leader which clearly is something demons do all the time.
    I thought it was a strong enough impact to show that he still has something good in him. Just the slightest compassion.

by far my favourite of the 3, but then again i could care less about khadgars lore, and even less about AU guldan, plus both their videos were actually quite underwhelming to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorteh View Post
    To everyone wondering who that female Demon Hunter in the video is:
    Kor'vas Bloodthorn https://wow.gamepedia.com/Kor%27vas_Bloodthorn

Source: https://twitter.com/TerranGregory/st...56311149428736
    YES, a name. now, they need to really flesh out her backstory. even if she doesn't become super important or anything, she's still super cool.

Deleted
    After all the years.. Finally... You are prepared!!

Btw why do demon hunters start at Mardum? Wasnt Illidan's plan to kill Kil'jaeden in Argus? Didnt he send them there when the alliance and horde was knocking on the Black Temple gate? The Illidan book didnt specify where he sends them but Mardum doesnt make sense, there is nothing there.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I really liked this one as much as the other two. This one just felt jumbled together without explaining, well, anything other than the fact that they are Demon Hunters.