10+ Year Old Account

Motherboard Help for New PC

Hey guys,
    the other day I posted this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...or-Legion-Help and was looking for some general ideas with a budget of around $2000 or less. After getting some good feedback I've pretty much come to a conclusion on what to get, but the only thing I am still curious about is the motherboard. From what I have heard, the Z170 series is pretty solid, but I just don't know whose to buy... there are tons of them to choose from on cyberpowerpc (where I am purchasing from). Is there a certain brand motherboard a better chipset than another? Just wanted to get some feedback as to what I should be looking at here. Currently planning on using the GTX 1070 GPU with i7-6700k CPU if that helps any. Thank you.

Z170 is a chipset (manufactured and sold by Intel) required to support LGA1151 processors (currently Skylake and Kaby Lake later). Their main feature is the support of CPU ratio overclocking, memory overclocking and amount of PCIe lanes supplied (allowing to install more videocards or PCIe SSDs at once). Every motherboard manufacturer uses them, the chipset is identical - Intel Z170 (Intel GL82Z170). Every manufacturer builds their own boards, sure, but they all sure the same base.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    To add to @Thunderball,

Chipset is the same supplied by Intel, each manufacturer uses different components for the rest of the board, there can also be layout differences in some cases, when you have RAM slots close to CPU thus you can't fit a cooler with bigger radiator, minor things. Since you are going for K chip, I assume you will want to overclock. With that in mind you want higher quality components. Some manufacturers use different LAN chipsets, with Realtek being the most common, also integrated sound chip can be different, if you don't plan on using a dedicated card.
    PM me weird stuff :3