Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As long as there are people like me around that just buy everything on the store as soon as it comes out... it will keep going. It's my personal favorite MOBA. More casual/fun atmosphere.

In short, no. To elaborate further, hell no.

HotS is alive and well, and as others have already mentioned, it's cheap to maintain and makes them a great deal of money. There is literally no reason whatsoever to shut it down, the very idea of it is ludicrous. You'd have an easier time calling WoW dead.

HotS is pretty much the only blizzard game I play right now. It's still a lot of fun, even just quick matches. I doubt that blizzard is giving up on it, they don't tend to do that with their IPs.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as they make money, no.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Haven't played HotS since overwatch came out.
    Yeah. I did log on for a minute to try out Gul'dan and was so turned off by how slow the game felt (after playing nothing but Overwatch) that I haven't touched it since. Maybe if they add some OW heroes I'll give it another go. It's soooo slow, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Yeah. I did log on for a minute to try out Gul'dan and was so turned off by how slow the game felt (after playing nothing but Overwatch) that I haven't touched it since. Maybe if they add some OW heroes I'll give it another go. It's soooo slow, though
    Well yeah, it isn't an FPS. You should try DotA or LoL, then you'll really see what slow MOBAs are like. I've also replaced most of my HotS time with OW, partially for a change of pace and partially because of the event happening in OW right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Erm, well...a MOBA is NEVER going to be as fast a game as an FPS. Likewise, if you fire up a RTS game, or a turn based game, or for that matter, challenge someone to a game of Checkers or Poker and it's not gonna be as a fast paced as a game like Overwatch is.

Personally i find HotStorm rather fun, i play it much rather than LoL but not dota.

The product i find highly disappointing is overwatch, it got ultra boring after a mere 10 hours /played.

You haven't played since beta...but go off of hearsay to base your conclusion on? Maybe try playing again now that the game's been released for a year and then make a real analysis?

Furthermore, they're still making a profit off of HotS otherwise development of monthly heroes, skins, mounts, etc would be slowed down. Q2 of 2015 Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, and Destiny had 70 Million players combined. They haven't given an update on the MAU but assuming that number jumped to at least 100 million, if HotS counts for even 10% of that amount they still have more monthly active users than WoW. It's impressive but compared to others like it, it's still behind.

Deleted
    They keep adding heroes and skins, how are they giving up on the game?

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Blizz is now focused on preparing WoW for legion release, so that's why lately is not focused on HOTS.
    This is wrong. They have different devs teams to each of the games.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    ''I am a Blizazrd fanboy, and this game is good because it has Blizzard characters in it. Unlike Lol, which doesn't. I also never played Dota but I can't see why this awesome Blizzard game can't have it's spot among Lol/dota as an esport. People just hate the game for no reason''.

The game is not well designed. The ''mechanics'' (not quite sure what you meant by that) don't make it stand out compared to any other MOBA. The maps all play out the same. Game is boring, with people just running around on mounts until the game tells them to go to objectives. The only reason this game has been relevant at all is because it is made by Blizzard and has Blizzard characters in it. If it were made by any other company nobody would play it after 3 months.

Oh and they added Necromancer which looks like an emo reject from D3 instead of the D2 badass. They added Auriel, an irrelevant character that looks like female Tyrael and still no Baal or Mephisto. GG wp Blizz.
    Lets just take a step away from the blizzard fan boy thing. Even if I never played any blizzard game. I feel I would still prefer the Moba. Reason? These "mechanics" I am talking about. In LoL you get items and do item builds to make your champion more powerful. In Heroes, you use a talent system to add perks to abilities as well as power. I just like that idea better. Changes the way your abilities work and there is still a diversity to the different builds you can do. Opposed to just adding items to your build that just increase the power of the ability and never changing it. Its just more unique to me.
    I think the talent system they have is really well made. I am not saying it is better then LoL's system. But LoL's isn't better either.

Also, Auriel is not an irrelevant character. She isn't in the games, but part of the lore. That's like saying why is Regar earth fury relevant because he is not really in WoW.

I don't think its people being sick of "yet another moba". I just think HotS is way too casual and they refuse to punish players who troll or just play like crap in competitive. I'm sure most people know the term elo hell from dota or LoL, well all of comp is elo hell in HotS. If you don't make a team and do team ranked then its elo hell all the way to grand master rank. Because all you have to do is play a lot and get lucky with people being able to carry you and you can get grand master easily.

Deleted
    Well numbers on hotslogs alone suggest it is a healthy game. Twitch viewership suggests it is a healthy game.

I also remember seeing a blizzard rep saying that the game is indeed doing very well somewhere. (Sorry you don't have to believe me about that one, but I did see it).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroofeelya View Post
    Lets just take a step away from the blizzard fan boy thing. Even if I never played any blizzard game. I feel I would still prefer the Moba. Reason? These "mechanics" I am talking about. In LoL you get items and do item builds to make your champion more powerful. In Heroes, you use a talent system to add perks to abilities as well as power. I just like that idea better. Changes the way your abilities work and there is still a diversity to the different builds you can do. Opposed to just adding items to your build that just increase the power of the ability and never changing it. Its just more unique to me.
    I think the talent system they have is really well made. I am not saying it is better then LoL's system. But LoL's isn't better either.

Also, Auriel is not an irrelevant character. She isn't in the games, but part of the lore. That's like saying why is Regar earth fury relevant because he is not really in WoW.
    Items are interactions in of themselves, tho. That's the whole point, you can adapt far more than you can in heroes. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Blizz is now focused on preparing WoW for legion release, so that's why lately is not focused on HOTS.

But fear not, if prophecies are true, we can except an Starcraft event in november, due to 1 year aniversary of Legacy Of The Void release. Also... Who cares about LoL? It's finished in season 4, now is only money cow for Riot.
    What in the actual world are you talking about.

Blizzard has different teams for each game. They dont stop working on one game when they work on another.

What prophecies? Who cares about LoL?

Its still the most streamed game on Twitch.

Its a free game, so if people spend money on it its obviously because they care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Necroofeelya View Post

The differences you can do with items in lol are on a completely different scale then the rather small differences we can do in Hots.

I played hots a lot on release mostly because its a blizzard game.

In the end, its just not as good as LoL or Dota.

i would say the game goes well. it simply is not as profitable as WoW or HS. My opinion tho

15+ Year Old Account
    1) HotS isn't a FPS with their 5-minute matches
    2) HotS is much, MUCH faster than LoL, DotA etc (which have slow laning phases lasting 10min or more at the start of every match)
    3) HotS DOES have an OW hero. Tracer. And she's the fastest, twitchiest assassin in the game.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    1) HotS isn't a FPS with their 5-minute matches
    2) HotS is much, MUCH faster than LoL, DotA etc (which have slow laning phases lasting 10min or more at the start of every match)
    3) HotS DOES have an OW hero. Tracer. And she's the fastest, twitchiest assassin in the game.
    Didn't expect so much reaction. I had been playing Heroes for nearly a year. It was just strange how after a couple months of playing nothing but OW it made Heroes feel so awkward to handle (and the pacing threw me). It's kind of like when you've been running on a treadmill for awhile and then you step off and you feel like the ground is still moving and your legs are a bit wobbly.

I didn't need an explanation on gaming genres lol. It was just a passing comment/observation

No way Blizz is giving up on HotS. They still have so many heroes to release and they've been releasing them once a month.