Deleted

Question Best relics for fire pve/pvp?

hello fellow mages!

I was wondering if there is anyone that have done some theorycrafting/sim on which of the atrifact talents you want to buff up to maximize dps? I'm interested in both pve and pvp.

If anyone got some data on the matter, please share it with us mere mortals which cannot sim/theorycraft!

Deleted
    I suppose the traits that buff your main spells (Fireball and Pyroblast) will be the best as well as the relic that strengthens Ignite or the one that buffs all fire damage. For For PvP, you might want to swap to something benefiting your instants, so swap the Fireball bonuses with Fire Blast (but if there's a high level relic that buffs Cauterizing Blink I'd take that).

In time you can get proper theory crafted results that take the item level bonuses and the impacted traits into account. Also, the artifact calculator on Wowhead might be outdated and incomplete, so it's still a bit early to tell.
    Last edited by mmoc2462126d54; 2016-08-05 at 10:18 PM.

Deleted
    For optimal answers you will want to sim for a particular character that is live at that time because this seems very counter-intuitive to feelycraft. There is also an ilevel component on top of the talent component making it especially complex to analyse with formulation.

But, I'm sure one could come up with a list of best to worst based on an average character but it won't be perfect for all character setups, just a rough guideline.

I do not know if simcraft is ready for conclusive answers at the moment. It depends on the code and the script. Though even if it is, more tuning is very likely.

For PvE it's really straight, whatever gives you the most ilvl. Remember, pure ilvl > any of the traits.

For PvP, you either want to go a bit tankier with 3x Molten Skin, or more damage with 3x Fire at Will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandork View Post
    Remember, pure ilvl > any of the traits.
    Why are you so sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    Why are you so sure?
    The intelligence gains from only slightly upgrading your artifact are huge. Would outweigh the 2% pyro damage/3% ignite.

Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    Why are you so sure?
    It's a weapon, the raw increase in +Int from ilvl trumps any small increase in damage from one skill, especially since for Fire Mage, all raid Artifacts give extra DPS. But let's for argument sake say that you have 2 Normal Raid drops (+43) and one Heroic (+35), none of them are Warforged, so they are at their pure ilvl. Let's say that the Heroic one gives +2% dmg to Pyroblast, and let's say that Pyroblast is what gives you 50% of your damage, so it's an overall increase of 1% DPS. Let's say that another Normal Raid drops and it only gives Fire At Will (3% CTR on Fireball), a faster Fireball will allow you to proc Crits faster, but let's for argument sake say it's only a 0.3% increase in DPS, thus the pure damage for Pyroblast is the best. What about the 8 ilvls?

Well, your set gives you 10172 Int, 1270 Haste, 363 Crit, 451 Mastery @ ilvl 871. It gives 10955 Int, 1368 Haste, 391 Crit, 486 Mastery @ ilvl 879. That's an 8% increase in raw stats and close to 1% increase in secondary. That's the equivalent of a Cloak of ilvl 850 in Raw stats and a little more (729 vs 783), although not that much in secondary. That huge amount of Int will easily increase your DPS a lot more than any of the traits.
    Last edited by Grandork; 2016-08-05 at 11:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandork View Post
    +43 vs +35
    I had in mind smaller differences. The statement I replied to was blanket. In any case it will be easy to test them.

Deleted
    PvP = relics disabled, only ilvl of wep counts. (And traits u haves picked, not from relics)

Deleted
    thanks alot for all your answers! guess the best thing to do is to wait untill 110 and then sim my character