Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Your logic is balls

Edit: I'm just going to hold my breath and remain happy until I pass out just to spite your hypothesis. For science!
    You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of Humanity in your hearts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What exactly was the bet I made with the Klingon sex workers?

I hope someone doesn't sig this post...

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Many people know about the law of conservation of energy which states that energy can neither be created or destroyed. There is a finite amount of energy in the universe and none more can be created. And since mass is equal to energy it serves that there is only a finite amount of matter in our universe as well meaning there is only a finite amount of resources for people.

Therefore if we assume that happiness comes from having resources available to us and we believe in the law of conservation of energy, then in order to obtain happiness you are going to have to take resources from other people in order to obtain your happiness since resources are finite. In short there is a finite amount of happiness on earth and you are going to have to take happiness from other people in order to have happiness yourself.

If you want to challenge this theory, then I would dare you to imagine a scenario where happiness can be obtained without any resources at all.
    Your view of happiness is a bit too reliant on human action. In Middle English, Happiness originally means "Luck or fortune," a fortunate series of events. As if the universe decided now and only at that point it would bless you with some happy miracle.

If you are arguing that material wealth means happiness, and since the universe is theoretically finite, then there is only finite happiness, than sure, but in practical terms humanity will never consume all the material wealth and resource of the universe without effectively becoming Gods who can create new universes most likely.

I would argue that a state of luck is just that, luck. You are fortunate in this moment, and it may stay or it may go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you saying that the mere act of existing is causing others to have a lower capacity for happiness? Seems silly! You existing doesn't lower my ability to be happy, although maybe a little confused
    You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of Humanity in your hearts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What exactly was the bet I made with the Klingon sex workers?

I hope someone doesn't sig this post...

Given that happiness can be created from others happiness, and that in fact it can be created from their own suffering, and let alone the fact that happiness is not a thing that can be measured (How happy are you today? 10 gigawatts of pure positive energy! ), this theory has tons of holes in it and has the same odds of staying afloat as a rock in water.