Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Both specs are much better now. I do kind of miss huge execute crit from old arms though. Current fury plays so much better. 6.2 fury was incredibly dull and frustrating even at 740 ilv

Good for you! Now you can have real life!

Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    They most likely played fury...
    I think this new fury feels 100% better than old fury. Vanilla fury main of 12 years.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Wait, this isn't about how vrykuls are not warriors but an actual comment on mechanics etc? Whoa, wasn't expecting that!

Imho I've never enjoyed warrior this much since TBC. First time Fury feels like the rageinduced warriors I've always wanted them to feel like. Protection is really nice too. All upped with the new animations makes them really enjoyable imho.

I mean what? No stances? Stances hasn't been a thing since, I think, Wrath? Somewhere there anyway. Yes I know they've technically been in the game, but they've honestly been nothing like actual stances.

can someone convince me why pvp arms is superior than fury?

Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    Its not anymore.

PvP fury for life now.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

I didn't play my warrior for so long, but after the changes I saw I played it again just because the class felt like an actual warrior. Sorry dude, but nope.

- - - Updated - - -

/Duel.
    That's how I discovered it when I dueled an Arms warrior who busted my ass in 4 seconds as a SPriest and a Fury warrior who I won against (close fight).
    Both skilled players.
    Then I logged onto my warrior and tried both. Apparently Arms is just good right now (for 30 days) then during Legion Fury becomes better.
    I'm still playing Fury on my alt since it's going to the stronger spec in Legion.

1) They both deal similar damage to opponents (arms arguably more bursty, fury better sustain), but fury takes 30% more damage from enemies.
    2) Fury doesn't have access to defensive stance (passive 20% damage mitigation).
    3) Fury's self-healing is nerfed by 50% in PVP (this is the big one imo).
    4) Fury doesn't have a mortal strike debuff (enormous in pvp right now with weakened healers and pruned abilities).
    5) Fury has lower stat multipliers on their pvp template (including less primary stat), so one of the main advantages of having an extra wep is gone.
    6) Fury's artifact just isn't very pvp-oriented. One of the more exciting and enormous talents (juggernaut and the node in front of it) is fairly useless in PVP whereas arms has a plethora of amazing and immediately impactful artifact talents for pvp.

So Arms has some pretty big advantages over fury right now, the big fury advantage should be self-healing, but Fury's self-healing was nuked in pvp because Fury was OP on beta before proper tuning happened. Basically, Fury one shot people like crazy on the beta, blizzard cut the self-healing in half, and then later tuned everyone's damage and brought Fury damage down to earth. Yet the bloodthirst self-heal penalty was not reverted.

Fury has some interesting stuff going on and some awesome honor talents, but until they un-nerf the self-healing of the spec, fury warriors will just get blown up in any competitive pvp environment. I do really hope they buff Fury soon so I can commit to that artifact, because legion Fury is just flat out fun, self-healing is fun, and god damn 3 heroic leap charges???
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-08-08 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    Fury has some interesting stuff going on and some awesome honor talents, but until they un-nerf the self-healing of the spec, fury warriors will just get blown up in any competitive pvp environment. I do really hope they buff Fury soon so I can commit to that artifact, because legion Fury is just flat out fun, self-healing is fun, and god damn 3 heroic leap charges???
    I only play arms and I enjoy it (played ALOT of arms warrior at vanilla maybe thats why)
    never really tried fury along the xpacs.
    should i give it a try ? (not talking pve - pvp only)

Quote Originally Posted by mazuno View Post
    I only play arms and I enjoy it (played ALOT of arms warrior at vanilla maybe thats why)
    never really tried fury along the xpacs.
    should i give it a try ? (not talking pve - pvp only)
    Again, for the 6 reasons I listed above, I really wouldn't unless something changes. If Fury gets buffed sometime in the next 3-4 weeks, I'd say definitely give it a go and see if you like it. Right now? Arms is flat out better:

1) They both deal similar damage to opponents (arms arguably more bursty, fury better sustain), but fury takes 30% more damage from enemies.
    2) Fury doesn't have access to defensive stance (passive 20% damage mitigation).
    3) Fury's self-healing is nerfed by 50% in PVP (this is the big one imo).
    4) Fury doesn't have a mortal strike debuff (enormous in pvp right now with weakened healers and pruned abilities).
    5) Fury has lower stat multipliers on their pvp template (including less primary stat), so one of the main advantages of having an extra wep is gone.
    6) Fury's artifact just isn't very pvp-oriented. One of the more exciting and enormous talents (juggernaut and the node in front of it) is fairly useless in PVP whereas arms has a plethora of amazing and immediately impactful artifact talents for pvp.

I haven't played warrior much since TBC and I feel like arms feels more like tbc/vanilla warrior than ever, and I love it. Overpower being back is a godsend. But yeah, I'm honestly not really feeling new fury.

I really don't get it.Yea,probably warriors lack a a self-heal a bit,but it's not like they are the only ones.Most of classes have been withrawed of their immense healing possibilities,thus allowing the healers to shine again and allowing you to feel mortal again (and warriors lacked the healing in WoD as well). The job they did on Arms and Fury specs is amazing.Both are playable,even the whirlwind seems and feels good,not like it was in WoD - being a part of a rotation for the arms. Compared to WoD,warriors look amazing (well,I don't like the new protection,but it's just my preferance).
    Last edited by Felixon; 2016-08-09 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    I really don't get it.Yea,probably warriors lack a a self-heal a bit,but it's not like they are the only ones.Most of classes have been withrawed of their immense healing possibilities,thus allowing the healers to shine again and allowing you to feel mortal again (and warriors lacked the healing in WoD as well). The job they did on Arms and Fury specs is amazing.Both are playable,even the whirlwind seems and feels good,not like it was in WoD - being a part of a rotation for the arms. Compared to WoD,warriors look amazing (well,I don't like the new protection,but it's just my preferance).

Arms isn't supposed to self-heal and that's fine. Fury is supposed to have strong self-heals to make up for taking 30% extra damage compared to every other spec in the game. In PvE, those self-heals are damn strong, in PVP they are pretty gimped though and it really holds the spec back at 110.

Some people complain warriors have too little self-healing and others say they shouldn't have any at all, but nobody really distinguishes between the specs when discussing this lol. Self-healing is part of the Fury "class fantasy." Second Wind has been part of the warrior "class fantasy" since Vanilla and has traditionally been a potent self-heal -- and we know Blizz love to go on and on about class fantasy when speaking about Legion design.

I do agree that I like warriors a lot more in legion compared to WoD, both specs are shaping up to be fun and solid in pve. Arms is t1 in pvp solely due to the damage it puts out (which is pretty much all it brings to a comp. but it brings it in full force). Fury is completely unplayable in arena at 110, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-08-09 at 05:36 AM.

Deleted
    The post is total drivel but I've gotta ask why the fuck does everyone have a throbbing erection over Second Wind? It was utterly wank in MoP and had maybe 2 uses in WoD, 1 was irrelevant since it was old content and the other is irrelevant if your healers aren't window licking... Velhari lol.

Second Wind in PvE during MoP was useless, you got healed up or you died. 6k/s or whatever it was didn't stop you dying and in PvP outside of 2s or playing like a pillar hugging fag it was invisible to anyone who didn't suck at the game so again... Useless.

Fury feels pretty great!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    The post is total drivel but I've gotta ask why the fuck does everyone have a throbbing erection over Second Wind? It was utterly wank in MoP and had maybe 2 uses in WoD, 1 was irrelevant since it was old content and the other is irrelevant if your healers aren't window licking... Velhari lol.

Second Wind in PvE during MoP was useless, you got healed up or you died. 6k/s or whatever it was didn't stop you dying and in PvP outside of 2s or playing like a pillar hugging fag it was invisible to anyone who didn't suck at the game so again... Useless.
    Didn't even know it was gone. Blood thirst does the job, I guess? Haven't had much issues with self-heals.
    Mother pus bucket!

Hmm, I quite like the way both fury and prot plays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Fury feels pretty great!

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't even know it was gone. Blood thirst does the job, I guess? Haven't had much issues with self-heals.
    It still exists and but it heals to 100% on the condition you've not taken damage for 6 seconds so totally useless for PvE because if you need a large amonutof healing and you haven't taken any damage in 6 seconds you've probably already been healed up by a healer. It's actually somewhat viable in PvE but overshadowed heavily by Defensive Stance for competitive play and currently without artifact talents it's not great for rBGs

what i dont understand is why Not just keep the good things and improve them, why change everything every expansion? Wotlk was good, then they changed everything in mop, but it was still ok. Then they changed everything again forWod and it just sucked. now legion will be worse.

Warriors feel like a cheap whore

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Warriors feel like a cheap whore
    Let me take the bait, why exactly?