Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Good job

Great job in making these man! Tho i do not need it myself im sure a lot of new players really appreciate the effort you put into the addon.
    And it will help a lot of those new new players getting into the rotation and learning the game play.

Only bad thing about it is that some players may become dependent on it for the whole expansion. Focusing more on the buttons that light up on the screen instead of whats going on in the boss fight ahead of them.
    And whenever you decide to not update the addon, or are unable to do so for some reason, those players will be left out to hang in search of another weakaura or tellmewhen addon to replace it.

Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Scented View Post
    Great job in making these man! Tho i do not need it myself im sure a lot of new players really appreciate the effort you put into the addon.
    And it will help a lot of those new new players getting into the rotation and learning the game play.

Only bad thing about it is that some players may become dependent on it for the whole expansion. Focusing more on the buttons that light up on the screen instead of whats going on in the boss fight ahead of them.
    And whenever you decide to not update the addon, or are unable to do so for some reason, those players will be left out to hang in search of another weakaura or tellmewhen addon to replace it.

Keep up the good work!
    The ideal situation is that this helps players get more accustom to the class and they do some reading to improve to the point where it's not really needed anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Well, sorry, I mean, the TMW he made can be really helpful, I just dont get how someone can enjoy the game when something is telling him exactly what to press, I did not mean to offend anyone - that is simply my opinion.

I am not neither world top raider nor "lfr hero". http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...skbloom/simple

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry man, really did not mean to offend you and when I look at my response, it was too salty. I apologize. I guess you are right, but it is double edged sword - I think game can get really boring when you are just repeting stuff told by an addon.
    You might have restored my faith in humanity or at least humanity on the internet. Good on you sir.

I do agree that TMW can make stuff super boring, but I do enjoy it for coming into a new class or one I haven't picked up in a while to guide me on the right path. I use Weak Auras most often. I kind of wish blizzard would take the hint though and do a little work on the base UI and consolidate its information locations.

Also, thanks for putting these things together. Much respect to all folks who do mods and setup strings etc. You guys have helped me a ton throughout the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    Call me impressed! As to your point, like viking posted above, on my main class I wouldn't really need this. But for the others that I don't feel like investing hours of play into to see if I like trhem now, this profile is extremely useful. I can spend 15 minutes to see the rotation at work, see if I enjoy it. If not, not a big deal. If I do, I can just learn some from the addon a bit until it's comfortable to play. Then break off into more study/practice to really learn the class well. Just shaving some time off learning a class basically.

I'm 29 and a lawyer. I went to some good schools and fairly complicated work - I'm objectively not an idiot. I can learn a rotation and execute it. BUT, years of learning stuff has taught me that I'm a highly visual lawyer. I diagram most of my work stuff just so I can visualize the info. So I can read guides and research forum posts until my eyes bleed, I simply won't synthesize it effectively. This addon and string is a tremendous use to me and I want to thank the OP for posting it. I suppose I'm the target audience for his work and it's incredibly appreciated.

To the salty gent on the first page, it's very rare to see a genuine apology on a forum. Good on you my man.

just want to thank the OP for these. I just returned after a 2 year break and I'm trying to pick a class. while I could research every one thoroughly I find these TMW profiles and a training dummy are great for helping to get a feel for the classes after so many changes. for my main i'll probably move to weak auras and use it to present the information I need while raiding, but for alts and leveling i'll definitely take advantage of these profiles.

I don't know how to get this profile exactly and I can't seem to figure out how he sets this up. How do I download his profile exactly to get it set up that way? I'm an unholy DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Krabkilla View Post
    I don't know how to get this profile exactly and I can't seem to figure out how he sets this up. How do I download his profile exactly to get it set up that way? I'm an unholy DK.
    1. Copy the Profile in full
    2. Open TMW in game (/tmw)
    3. Paste the entire profile on the bottom Text Bar
    4. Click Import
    5. Select "From String"
    6. Choose Overwrite

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    1. Copy the Profile in full
    2. Open TMW in game (/tmw)
    3. Paste the entire profile on the bottom Text Bar
    4. Click Import
    5. Select "From String"
    6. Choose Overwrite
    Thanks for the video and guide.
    Any chance of a download for your complete UI?

Deleted
    Any possibily that you could upload the full complete UI?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilshion View Post
    Any possibily that you could upload the full complete UI?
    The addon you see in the video is Elvui using the built in Minimalist profile.

Deleted
    Ohh thanks man

- - - Updated - - -

Is it possible that u can upload ur profile? Doesnt seem to be the same :/ So i can import it into elvui

Hey chesder,

Noticing some anchor problems with my 90 Unholy DK (possibly similar to the ones found for Balance Druids?): http://imgur.com/a/X69EZ
    Last edited by Orontu; 2016-08-25 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orontu View Post
    Hey chesder,

Noticing some anchor problems with my 90 Unholy DK (possibly similar to the ones found for Balance Druids?): http://imgur.com/a/X69EZ

UPDATE 8/24/2016

Unholy

- Fixed incorrect anchors causing some groups to not display in the proper positions

You can find the LATEST VERSION HERE

UPDATE 8/24/2016

Unholy

- Fixed incorrect anchors causing some groups to not display in the proper positions

You can find the LATEST VERSION HERE
    Cheers, thanks again. Working great!

Hi I've been using this for a few weeks now and overall it's a huge help for me but I think I've noticed a few issues.

First though I admit there is a chance that my understanding of Unholy ability priorities might be wrong so that these things might be correct and I could definitely be wrong myself but anyways here is what I've noticed.

1. When DT is on cooldown and the transformation is ended TMW is still having me pool RP rather than use Death Coil during empty GCDs. This occurs even when Dark Arbiter is a long way off refreshing so it shouldn't yet be pooling for that either.

2. When Dark Arbiter is activated it seems to prioritize having 3 runes on cooldown rather than dumping RP as soon as you get it.

Also I think it would be really helpful if you made DT glow like Dark Arbiter does at full RP when it's off cooldown because that's a button you should almost always be pressing immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by atro22 View Post
    Hi I've been using this for a few weeks now and overall it's a huge help for me but I think I've noticed a few issues.

First though I admit there is a chance that my understanding of Unholy ability priorities might be wrong so that these things might be correct and I could definitely be wrong myself but anyways here is what I've noticed.

1. When DT is on cooldown and the transformation is ended TMW is still having me pool RP rather than use Death Coil during empty GCDs. This occurs even when Dark Arbiter is a long way off refreshing so it shouldn't yet be pooling for that either.

2. When Dark Arbiter is activated it seems to prioritize having 3 runes on cooldown rather than dumping RP as soon as you get it.

Also I think it would be really helpful if you made DT glow like Dark Arbiter does at full RP when it's off cooldown because that's a button you should almost always be pressing immediately.
    I chose to be a little more cautious with RP usage so it may be slightly off on the pooling aspect. I could tweak it to try and find a nicer feel. As for the border glow, something like that can be added easily to emphasize the CD finishing.

I'll look into it! Thanks for the feedback

I think there may be a typo in one of your conditions, Unholy - Main Rotation, Icon 1 (death coil). The 2nd condition checks for a talent with an ID 22030. Is that a correct ID? I can't find on wowhead what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeDonkey View Post
    I think there may be a typo in one of your conditions, Unholy - Main Rotation, Icon 1 (death coil). The 2nd condition checks for a talent with an ID 22030. Is that a correct ID? I can't find on wowhead what it is.
    The ID for talents are different than that of spells. If you track it on Wowhead it won't come up with anything as Wowhead doesn't track talent IDs

Deleted
    Hi Chesder, ive been using this for the last week or so and i have to say it feels good. made some small adjustments to the CD being shown in numbers which i prefer. but a big thanks for making this.

I have 1 question though. everywhere i read that as a opener it should be put VP on target then use DT and then use FS then when using Soul reaper use that if target has 3 or more Festering wound stacks. but for some reason when i open up after festering strike i would always get another festering strike instead of soulreaper even if the target has 3 or more festering wounds. is this because you programmed it that way or is something going wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Imbamouse View Post
    Hi Chesder, ive been using this for the last week or so and i have to say it feels good. made some small adjustments to the CD being shown in numbers which i prefer. but a big thanks for making this.

I have 1 question though. everywhere i read that as a opener it should be put VP on target then use DT and then use FS then when using Soul reaper use that if target has 3 or more Festering wound stacks. but for some reason when i open up after festering strike i would always get another festering strike instead of soulreaper even if the target has 3 or more festering wounds. is this because you programmed it that way or is something going wrong ?
    I programmed it that way. What happens now and then with profiles is that an opener uses specific timing and buff durations to maximize output with cooldowns. So what you are noticing is a difference between an opener, which has specific casts in an order, and an ongoing rotation, which has more conditions for when and how you use spells.

Like I say with all profiles, do some reading and maximize your potential with a spec using these profiles as a starting point so that you can really pump out max damage. Follow what you read