Arrow Easy and effective pvp healer

Hi,

I have played this game on and off from the start, but now I want to go reroll into legion to a class with a healing spec. The healing aspect will be mostly towards pvp. Been melee for so long now that I also want a ranged offspec to use in some pvp, m+ dungs and hc raids. I am left with druid, shaman and priest to fill this requirements. ( If you have a strong argument for pala you can also write this )

As I am new to healing I want to start out with something that could be as easy as possible. With easy I probably mean the least amount of keys and other things to think about other than healing my friends and myself. I know that a good pvp healer also need to use it's full potential with interupt, cc, damage, reduction cds together with the healing. And this is why I need help and hear your opinions for what healer to pick as my new main for legion.

What do you people think is the best starting healer for me?

I appreciate all the feedback and experience you can offer.

/Played

Darkmoon now, so would be nice with some input

Deleted
    Can't go wrong with druid.

So it is between priests, druids and shamans (and pally if we have strong arguments), but what about monks? Just wondering.

1) Resto druids are very difficult to master, I must say.

The 2 most difficult things concern pre-healing and shapeshifting.

With pre-healing I mean healing before or while your teammates are getting damage. If your teammates have 20-30% hp and 0 hots and you are a druid, they are probably going to die, 9 out of 10 times.

Shapeshifting is about maximing all your tools. You need cat form to sprint, to blink (displacer beast, a talent) to go fast in general, to stealth, to be immune to polymorph effects. You need bear form to tank damage, to heal yourself (with frenzied regeneration, an ability you gain with the guardian affinity) and to be immune to polymorph effects. Travel form is quite useless, it seems to go a bit faster than cat form (40% vs 30%) but that's it, there's nothing else to do I think.

So a resto druid whose never shapeshifts or doesn't properly do it is going to be a way weaker resto druid. You are going to miss so much. Not managing all your forms and not being able to heal, for whatever reasons, your teammates before they are very low is going to be quite impactful.

2) Shamans and Hpriests seem easier, easier to play I mean (which is what you are asking), but definitely not easier to survive with. Hpriests, in particular, are trained to death. I guess shamans have more things to manage (so a little less easy to play) and are more tankish thanks to a few boosted PvP templates (so less prone to die quite fast when trained).

3) Dpriests, on paper, are hard to master, but all the Dpriests I have seen just spam holy spells and, when interrupted, simply switch to shadow spells (shadow mend, in particular). This simple rule of thumb seems to make them extremely efficient at their job (maybe more than they should be?). To clarify, Dpriests have heals belonging to 2 schools (holy and shadow school) so, when they cast a spell of 1 of that school and get interrupted, they can simply switch to a heal belonging to the other school and keep casting "endlessly". The fact that they have 2 spammable spells (Plea, holy school; Shadow Mend, shadow school), doesn't help to deal with them.

4) Paladins are easy to understand, but the few chooses you have to make, have to be the right ones. As far as I remember, Hpallies can heal quite a lot spamming flash of light, but are susceptible to interrupts (so have to be careful about being interrupted). Can heal a lot with a spammable instant spell too (Light of the Martyr) but half of its heal damages yourself, so your HP bar is going progressively down (so you have to be careful about going too low). They have also several tools to their disposal to save the day (blessing of sacrifice/protection (in particular), Auras, Wings).

Dunno if you are interested about monks, but they are harder than the average healer spec for several reasons (if you are interested I can add something about them).

To conclude, if we want to make a sort of hierarchy (definetely subjective and based on just a week of playing during the prepatch, so, I mean...), going by the most difficult to the less difficult healer, this would be mine (as of now):

1)Resto Druids/Mistweaver Monks
    2)Discipline Priests (if "spamming whatever school is available" won't be efficient in Legion)
    3)Holy Paladins/Restoration Shamans
    4)Holy Priests
    5)Discipline Priests (if "spamming whatever school is available" will be efficient in Legion).
    Last edited by Seneca; 2016-08-07 at 07:04 PM.