Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Don't know if you bought a phone yet, but literally nothing compares to the alcatel one touch idol 3 4.7" for 149.00 bucks:

https://www.amazon.com/ALCATEL-OneTo...ywords=alcatel

There is a 5.5" model but really who wants that? This is a normal sized phone that just works all day everyday with two features that should be standard on every phone, double tap to wake and front facing stereo speakers.

This phone epitomizes "good cheap phone".

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro, its the only phone worth talking about outside the leading-phones of each company, think its around 160$ right now everything else is a waste of money, and MIUI is awesome.

http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_3-7863.php

Do note, gsmarena has it as Redmi Note 3, but the original name and shops have it as Redmi Note 3 Pro, Snapdragon 650/3GB RAM/1080p/4000Mah.

And since i know you work in IT, you can manage a simple flashing to the global ROM if you dont like something, took me 30 seconds of reading and 2mins to flash a Mi4 and i havent bothered with flashing since 2011.
    Nonsense if I ever heard it. The Huawei phones are good, I have had a P8 Lite for a couple of years and it's a good phone for the price. Has a QualComm Snapdragon quad core, though it could do with more than 2GB of memory, the internal 16GB of storage plus microSD support gives it plenty of space or dual SIM if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Nonsense if I ever heard it. The Huawei phones are good, I have had a P8 Lite for a couple of years and it's a good phone for the price. Has a QualComm Snapdragon quad core, though it could do with more than 2GB of memory, the internal 16GB of storage plus microSD support gives it plenty of space or dual SIM if needed.
    Huawei is the Apple of China, their big phones are "good" and also expensive without being anything special, and their small phones are all crap aimed for the Chinese/India market so they can have a "Huawei".

720p screen check instant shit phone just with this, 615 Snapdragon (which is shit) check, 2200Mah battery (which is shit) check.

Then again if it goes under 100$ of course its good, but i dont recommended shit products to anyone even if it means they will have to pay a few bucks extra.

Only Chinese phones worth talking about are Xiaomi, MEIZU and One Plus, the rest are just garbage or as i already mentioned, the Apple of China like Huawei is, making it instant garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm currently on AT&T with no contract, and they no longer offer any "Free phone with contract" packages, only "$X per month for 30 months" and most of them come out to $600-$800
    You do know it's the exact same thing right? It's just the description that's different, in the end it's the same deal. There never was a "free phone", the cost of it was calculated into the contract, i.e. exactly the same as paying $x for y months.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Huawei is the Apple of China, their big phones are "good" and also expensive without being anything special, and their small phones are all crap aimed for the Chinese/India market so they can have a "Huawei".

720p screen check instant shit phone just with this, 615 Snapdragon (which is shit) check, 2200Mah battery (which is shit) check.

Then again if it goes under 100$ of course its good, but i dont recommended shit products to anyone even if it means they will have to pay a few bucks extra.

Only Chinese phones worth talking about are Xiaomi, MEIZU and One Plus, the rest are just garbage or as i already mentioned, the Apple of China like Huawei is, making it instant garbage.
    Right, Huawei are garbage even though phones like the P8 Lite use Qualcomm Snapdragon Octacores. Sure, they aren't the same model that the Samsung Galaxy devices have, but they are still pretty fast. And for the price, it's a good phone. My only complaints with them as a brand is the quality of the antenna's that they put in their phones, my signal isn't as strong on the same network in the same locations with that phone as it was with my Note 2 previously. Screen resolution is irrelevant for a phone, I don't need a 1080p or better screen for a fucking phone, nor do most people who just want an affordable phone.

And Xiamoi are just as expensive in Canada as any other brand, of the 5 models that I have found from our online retailers, the cheapest was $460. The P8 Lite for instance, retails for $280 in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    You do know it's the exact same thing right? It's just the description that's different, in the end it's the same deal. There never was a "free phone", the cost of it was calculated into the contract, i.e. exactly the same as paying $x for y months.
    It's not the same, the reason they switched is because you're on the hook for the full amount of the phone even if you pay the early termination fee, you weren't prior when you got the "free phone."