Does rogue look promising?

There's a lot of information in rogue subcategory and... it's hard for me to put it all together. Hopefully this thread will help somebody else, not just me!

So I have this 736~ish alt rogue and I am really really enjoying playing PvE assassination, haven't really tested sub or outlaw.

However retarded it will sound, DPS and general usefulness were always bigger factor than fun for me.

At the moment (for me) Assassination provides all three: fun, high DPS, and usefulness (except for AoE, cant have everything I guess)

My question is, how do things look in Legion? Will rogue lose a lot of DPS compared to other classes because of no legendary ring? Is rogue a safe class pick for Mythic Raids progression? I've heard that Mage since always had at least one very strong spec, was it the same with Rogues?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

Rogues still have elusiveness and cheat death, and that alone guarantees mythic raid spots. If you just want guaranteed top-tier damage you're better off with mage or warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Rogues still have elusiveness and cheat death, and that alone guarantees mythic raid spots. If you just want guaranteed top-tier damage you're better off with mage or warlock.
    assassination rogues are some of the best raiding dps at the moment wut.

Warlocks are mediocre.

Fire mage I'll agree with you.

Deleted
    For now, Assassination is maybe the best single target spec in the game, by quite a margin compared to most specs, but keep in mind that the latest raid testing was surely about dps checks and final class balance, so expect it to be hit by the nerfbat before release.