Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Favourite f2p games

So, since there are so many f2p games out there I bet that a lot of you play one or several of them. Which ones are your favourites?

My favourite f2p-games are: Wildstar, Heroes of the storm, Paladins
    Good ones are: Warframe, even though I never seem to find time to return and check it out,
    GW2, base game is free even if I paid for it as well, a bit same here that I never find time to return and check it out. Perhaps because there are so many other games I like out there :P
    Planetside 2, same as above

Will try Master x master alpha this weekend, assuming it will be free and if it is good it might be added to favourites as well

I used to play loads of tribes ascend and planetside. Battlefield heroes and play4free used to be really good fun too.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Skyforge is a personal favorite. Rift was until it went full on cash cow mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chess! One of the oldest F2P games in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Vindictus and Tera.

Although I haven't played either in a while. My group of friends lost interest in Vindictus, and I find it a lot less fun to play alone. Same with Tera.

10+ Year Old Account
    If were to have to choose it would between Guild Wars and Runescape as they were the two F2P games I put the most hours in.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Chess! One of the oldest F2P games in the world.
    Technically Chess is B2P in real life . Unless you steal a chess set then it's Steal to play .

Warframe and Dota 2. I would count OS runescape aswell but playing as a f2p player in that game is pure aids since you don't have access to the majority of the game.

Your mom LUL /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Glory to Phantasy Star Online 2.

Wildstar because of the pvp and tera for the same reason

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Savage 2 was one of my favorites. When I was a child I played a browser game called AQWorlds all the time, it was probably my favorite at the time. I played the shit out of F2P games when I was younger. Allods online was decent, just hated how it was so P2W. Played a lot of Battle of The Immortals despite almost everything being auto-based. GunZ: The Duel was an amazing game as well, played it A LOT.

Block N Load is a great FPS that combines shooting action with minecraft style building and destruction. It will make you think more than any other shooter. You have to be creative and think strategically to win. This is the best objective based shooter I've played, better than Overwatch IMO.

Hawken has a special place in my heart for simple TDM arena shooter action.

Path of Exile for the best Diablo-like experience you can find.

DOTA 2, League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm. I've played them all and they are all good and fun.

Airmech. Fast paced RTS game. I'm not a big RTS fan so I haven't played much of it but I still recognize it as a quality game.

World of Tanks. Slower paced strategic shooter. Can be a frustrating but also quite fun. Noticeably pay to win but still enjoyable if you don't spend a dime. Don't know what state the game is in now, I haven't played in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    GunZ: The Duel was an amazing game as well, played it A LOT.
    I played that game a lot too back in the day! Fun stuff although I never was very good. I just couldn't figure out the K-style.
    Last edited by Xenogeist; 2016-08-05 at 10:51 PM.

most of the best ones are mentioned so ill just say dwarf fortress, tales of maj'eyal and dungeon crawl stone soup, great rogue likes all free. I know i've mentioned it before but a while ago the mod team behind project reality were able to release a standalone version of their mod which doesn't require bf2 or a bf2 cdkey, so thats also a pretty damn fun free game. the only issue i have is my 1080p monitor is like 59hz and the client doesn't like that at all so i gotta play it on my 900p screen .

but yeah as far as free games go i've sunk a whole ton of hours into each of those. these tend to be the games i play when i can't be bothered to play anything else.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-08-06 at 01:19 AM.

Path of Exile. I think it is the best game in active live development currently and one of the greatest ever made. The design is exemplary.

I also enjoy Marvel Heroes 2016, Heroes of the Storm, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Magic The Gathering and Pokemon Go.

Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone, Guild Wars 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, The Elder Scrolls Online, Duelyst Anarchy Online.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    If were to have to choose it would between Guild Wars and Runescape as they were the two F2P games I put the most hours in.
    How mentally dysfunctional are you on scale from 1 to 10? GW was never F2P, it was always B2P
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Glory to Phantasy Star Online 2.
    -,-. Yeah Rem you sit there with your game that I CAN'T PLAY. EU

I like warthunder but it's so grindy playing without a premium membership sucks so it's hard to call it f2p. World of warships is another I like that feels a bit better in that department...can't stand world of tanks though

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    How mentally dysfunctional are you on scale from 1 to 10? GW was never F2P, it was always B2P
    It's F2P now, with Heart of Thorns remaining a paid expansion. They transitioned a bit before HoT launched.