Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will leveling in dungeons be awful again?

It's not that I hate questing, I just love dungeons. And in previous expansions I've always leveled mainly in dungeons. But I've noticed that from cata onward dungeon XP has been pretty terrible for leveling. Is that the case in Legion too?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep. You're pretty much going to have to do all of the main quest in each zone to hit 110

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    Yep. You're pretty much going to have to do all of the main quest in each zone to hit 110
    False.

You don't need to do all the zones to hit 110.

Homophobia is so gay.

But you do need to do most of the main questlines in each zone to unlock world quests, so you might as well do them while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmcantor View Post
    But you do need to do most of the main questlines in each zone to unlock world quests, so you might as well do them while leveling.
    Well the question was "can i xp in dungeon" so I don't think he cared about the world quests and all that stuff.

Homophobia is so gay.

I have no reason to believe Blizzard changed their EXP formula.
    Take your knowledge from previous expansions and plan your Legion leveling from that.

Deleted
    This. U want to do the zones Asap or u will fall behind

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Well the question was "can i xp in dungeon" so I don't think he cared about the world quests and all that stuff.
    He should care because everything is tied to that system and it's not something that can be avoided if you want your character to be able to keep up in any other part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by demapples22 View Post
    It's not that I hate questing, I just love dungeons. And in previous expansions I've always leveled mainly in dungeons. But I've noticed that from cata onward dungeon XP has been pretty terrible for leveling. Is that the case in Legion too?
    Would be wise for you to level in the zones atleast to get friendly rep so you can do world quests and get your artifact up quicker. You also need revered as part of the flying requirements in the future.

I hope so or the bots will take over
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Can you farm dungeons to 110? Sure, but it will be slower than if you leveled in the zones. Secondly you need friendly in each zone for WQs to unlock. You will get quests that take you into some of the dungeons anyways so just do them when you get to it for a ilvl 800 piece.

farming them will be very slow but you still want to do them 1 time to complete the "end of zone quest" which is like 100k+ exp and 1 ilvl 800 item

you want to do main story quests to Legion Pathfinder, but is worth to do the final final quest in each zone that send you to a dungeon in that zone becouse you receive a ilvl 800 armor that will help you to get in heroics faster

You definitely want to level by questing in Legion in order to unlock world quests, get a steady flow of artifact power and relics, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need honored rep with all the 5 zone factions in the Isles, which means you gotta do quests in the 4 leveling zones to get at least honored. You can always get to 110 by just dungeons, but it would put you behind in terms of time needed to get the World Quests started.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderinggolf View Post
    You definitely want to level by questing in Legion in order to unlock world quests, get a steady flow of artifact power and relics, etc.
    ^^ This

You will shoot yourself in the foot if you waste time leveling in dungeons. Doing the dungeon quest from the zone is alright but purely leveling through dungeons is a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    No, the question was is leveling via dungeons terrible.

Yes it is.

You will have to go back and finish each zone eventually for the main questline to complete
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Deleted
    You only need friendly though, so not most of the quests in the zones need to be done.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    Spoken like one who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    This. U want to do the zones Asap or u will fall behind
    Fall behind what/who? Will the quest disappear if you don't do them in a month or week? I guess it only matters if you are wanting to be a world/realm first-er. I find it more enjoyable to be "slower" than those that rush rush rush..

I've found you hit a wall and then I catch up to you. Or you have to wait for everyone else to catch up.