Thumbs up [Fistweave Fight Club] 7.0 Guide to Fistweaving

This Short and somewhat hilarious guide was made by Samuraiijake the top ranking Fistweaver in the world. The other MW guides only talk about "healing" .. we're not here for ~that~.

First rule of Fistweave Fight Club is that we dont talk about FFC ... or... standard mw stuff.

If your guild has a prot warrior main tank with inspiring presence you are in a good guild. Add : Leech and Prot warrior inspiring presence helps you focus more on your fisting so you're not bothered with spending globals on casting dumb healing spells

~+~+~+~+~+~ Statiscal Priority ~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Intellect>> Haste >> Crit >> Versatility >> (mastery does nothing for fistweaving damage)

+~+~+~+~+~+~+TALENTS~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Level 15 - Chi burst >> zen pulse
    Level 45 - Life Cycles >> spirit of the crane >> mistwrap
    Level 90 - Invoke Chiji ((only talent that can be a damage increase if you turn off crane heal and let it attack))
    Level 100 -Rising thunder (if you go oom as a monk and need mana tea.. you are bad.)

~+~+~+~+~+~Bullet Point Notes/Tips~+~+~+~+~+~+~
    -One of the ideas is to get as many RSunkicks in as possible by taking risk with 0-3 stacks of blkoutkicks to reset it...if you dont get resets then you would have been better off tpalming 3 times to gain extra damage
    - Typically spend your thunder brews on renewing mists >> envelopes > effuses
    - Use cocoon on tanks at the start of fights so you KNOW they wont bother you while your INT potion is popped.
    - Revival is great for getting baddies off your back while your trying to world rank on fistweave dps.
    - Chi burst is fantastic for going "bowling" on burst aoe adds before they die to other scumbag dps (i.e hunters/bladestorm/future eyebeams)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...nkings&fight=6

here's a link to my rankings

`+`+`+`++`+`Basic rotation without considering Haste`+`+`+`+`++`+`

----------------Single Target-------------
    1. Rising Sun Kick
    2. TPalm x3 to 3 stacks
    3. Blackout kick it out (assume RSK does NOT reset)
    4. Spend your Thunder focus brew on any 1-2 spells
    5. Tpalm to 3 stacks
    6~*~*~ by this time RSK will come off CD so hold on to the 3 tpalm stacks and move to step 7
    7. Rising Sun Kick
    8. Blackout Kick to use those 3 stacks you were saving
    9. go back to step 2 and tease the other healers for not dealing any damage

--------------- AoE Rotation (3+ targets) ------------
    CHI burst - as you anticipate adds spawning and will die within 15 seconds.. if they live longer than 15 seconds then Zen pulse is better because you'll be able to cast it twice for more damage than a single chi burst.. but scumbag dps players who are skilled such as hunters and mages wont let that happen.

-spinning crane kick until 2 or less mobs are alive-

~+~+~+~++~UNDER CONSTRUCTION WITH NEW BOLD CHANGES and rotation cleanups plus single target/aoe sections~+~+~ GO FFC!

Crackling jade lightning oddly enough, deals good damage per second for mobs you cant reach like iskar

SPINNING CRANE KICK DOES ABSURD AMOUNTS OF DAMAGE... go into a 5man dungeon.. spin kick... and just outdps other ppl ~~special thanks to JonnusTheGreat (hes on these forums) for pointing that out

Attack Details

Rising Sun kick - 910% of attack power
    Blackout Kick - 385% of Attack power
    Tiger Palm - (1 + 105% of attack power)
    Spinning Crane Kick 400% of attack power over 1.5 seconds
    Last edited by Samuraijake; 2016-08-22 at 05:56 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    But he only did 34,759 HPS where he ranked 8%.... If he wanted to DPS then go WW. I'm sorry but as a MW, healing is priority #1, DPS is 2nd. I am interested in fistweaving but tbh it really looks like it is subordinate to mistweaving. Maybe things will be different come the artifact... we will see

Quote Originally Posted by CParker1987 View Post
    But he only did 34,759 HPS where he ranked 8%.... If he wanted to DPS then go WW. I'm sorry but as a MW, healing is priority #1, DPS is 2nd. I am interested in fistweaving but tbh it really looks like it is subordinate to mistweaving. Maybe things will be different come the artifact... we will see
    What do you right when the fight starts?

also the if the fight ends with everyone at 1 hp.. then it still counts.. you dont have to be 100% hp when bosses die......healing went out when it was needed... not just spammed for sake of having a full green bar n paddin them skada HPS meters to feel like you did something... btw this is FFC.
    Last edited by Samuraijake; 2016-08-07 at 10:04 PM.

I mean no different than Disc priests. So I think its totally viable under some situations. Lets say you have 4 healers or even 3 healers total in the raid at the moment but the content you are doing doesnt necessarily require that much healing. Or maybe even a tad more DPS would be beneficial because your l33t squad of healers can handle it. In these situations I would definitely Fistweave, hell Fistweave over a Disc priest even. On my Disc priest at around 715 ilvl I was putting out anywhere from 25k-35k DPS while doing no less than around 30K healing on any fight. Some fights even getting up into the 50's and gracing 60k+ at some points for certain bosses.

Now lets look at this. Comparatively to other healers, they may be pulling in the stable 40's or even 50's while you are in the 30's. (Because they most certainly would not be doing more with a group of 3-4 healers in a HFC heroic at the moment.) Look at their miserable <5k dps....now compare that to a Disc or FW 25k+ dps... I mean if you want to talk about simple ratios, then effing hell yea for the healing to DPS ratio comparison that Disc/FW is blowing the other healers out of the water by contributing that much healing at the same time as dps. Yes, got it, you'll never top heals or dps and the dps compared to other dps looks abysmal at times...but take a second to look at the ratios man. CRAZY!

OF COURSE, as i mentioned before, this only really works for a guild or raid comp where the healers can still manage if their fellow monk/dPriest is not putting out optimal heals for their class. But the benefit to fistweaving over disc priest battle healer is that a fistweaver can basically return to a normal Mistweaver style of healing even with the talents used for FW because they are fairly the same. As a Disc priest, its totally different so no luck getting anywhere near holy as a disc spec healer.

Makes sense? Its all situation based. Of course if its progression and you really need the heals, probably not the best time for FW or Disc...but at that same time, more dps mean the boss dies quicker, and sometimes if the boss is dead sooner it saves the mana on heals allowing them to output a little bit more healing for the time of the fight.

-Lilcrayne (Proudmoore)

- - - Updated - - -

Also didnt you just post a thread where you were going to start trying fistweaving anyway?!?!? So don't knock it too hard man

On my Disc priest at around 715 ilvl I was putting out anywhere from 25k-35k DPS while doing no less than around 30K healing on any fight.
    Disc priests are welcome here at FistWeave Fight Club.

on real progression us monks obviously wouldnt sit and fist full time ONLY.. we'd be too busy casting heal spells. but yes throwing in damage at the start and downtimes (or at the same time with chi burst) is the best way to be efficient in progression fights.

ON A REAL PROGRESSION FIGHT... if your raid is topped off.. you dont just sit there being proud of full health bars.... you get your ass in there and punch something

You don't even use Blademasters, what sort of pleb are you.

Quote Originally Posted by meob View Post
    You don't even use Blademasters, what sort of pleb are you.
    intuitions gift just felt alot more useful with its on-use crit buff and actual useful stats.
    Last edited by Samuraijake; 2016-08-09 at 02:34 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theFERR3T View Post
    Also didnt you just post a thread where you were going to start trying fistweaving anyway?!?!? So don't knock it too hard man
    I did lol but I also thought the heals would be higher. I do see your point with the ratios and stuff like that. My guild is still progressing on mythix Xhul so for that one I need to heal but the previous bosses.. Ill start FWing and see how it works out.

I did lol but I also thought the heals would be higher. I do see your point with the ratios and stuff like that. My guild is still progressing on mythix Xhul so for that one I need to heal but the previous bosses.. Ill start FWing and see how it works out.
    Keep us updated. FW is getting a horrible rep from other people. Not sure why. I know it probably won't do as much dps as a disc priest or something. And Fist weaving itself doesn't heal but you should still see a good amount of heals overall by tossing some out.

7+ Year Old Account
    IMHO.. I seriously think that fistweaving was just implemented to stay with the fantasy of the monk class. As far as functionality goes... I think it still needs some work. Now keep in mind, I still have yet to try it and that is just purely looking at the mechanics behind how it works. I honestly feel like SoO FW was the best but I understand a lot of people didn't like it.

I seriously think that fistweaving was just implemented to stay with the fantasy of the monk class
    i respect your thoughts

Dealing damage while players dont really need the heals helps with beating enrage timers... or priority adds that arent causing damage but will if they dont die fast enough

I've noticed that SCK is completely amazing. I get upwards of 100k dps just spamming it and it costs almost no mana.

If you are really going for ranks then there's a few things you can do differently, TPx3>BoK is better for Mana but TPx1>BoK nets more RSK resets and more damage.
    Chi-ji's heal can be turned off and used just for damage.
    Chi burst is a damage loss over just casting another SCK in most cases.
    Haven't tested since Patch but i would think Mirror would still be best HFC trinket to use along side SCP.
    I would think haste is the best stat also but would have to sim.
    I Delight in the Irony

Armory, Warcraft logs, Youtube, Twitter, Twitch

I would think haste is the best stat also but would have to sim.Punchy i love you, welcome to the Fistweave Fight Club, and yeah haste actually is better given the circumstances... im doing some new testing for spinning crane kick and i'll be updating this guide since its actually getting pretty serious now.

Jake, I want to be in this FFC. Can has a bear hug? <3

Quote Originally Posted by Tachini View Post
    Jake, I want to be in this FFC. Can has a bear hug? <3

its monks and disc priests only but i'll make an exception

Whoo! Bear hugs for everyone! Fistweaving looks fun... Should try it on my monk alt

resto druid tried to out deeps me but he couldnt

RSK
    Blackout kick
    Tplam x1
    Blackout kick
    under research