Leveling in legion..

What will be the best spec for leveling from 100 to 110? aaaand when i can get my another weapon artifact?

salute

all 3 are pretty good

i'd say sub is the best due to the insane self sustain/mobility/ability to burst down mobs fast
    you can get the 2nd artifact at level 102

but i'd just level on whatever artifact im leveling paralell to it.

Best will probably be Sub due to healing from Soothing Darkness and quicker at just going from mob to mob with Shadowstrike teleports. With that said, Assassination was pretty fun (for the first time in 10 years /gasp) when levelling too.

Obviously all 3 specs are more than capable, so considering you'll want to start off with whatever you plan on playing if you want to maximise your AP gain, just go with that. You can start your other artifacts at L102
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-08-08 at 02:48 AM.

From my beta exp: does not matter if you have good gear.

If your gear is along ilvl 700 or lower, I would say go with Assassination.
    Assassination is the only spec with Leeching poison (and it is the best healing you can get). Also 3 burst cooldowns (to either rotate on easy mobs, or use at once on bosses/elites): vendetta, kings bane, exsanguinate.
    Granted, it is not the best spec for pulling more than 3 mobs at once. But it is the best spec for self-sustain when pulling 1-3 mobs, or killing outdoor elites/bosses.

For 730+ geared people, or for group leveling, outlaw looks the best.

I leveled a premade lvl 100 with outlaw and got the artifact 750 sabers... To my surprise those had almost no impact on how fast mobs died! I switched to assasin with my crappy 685 + 640 daggers and did a lot better with it. That left me quite puzzled on which spec / artifact to choose.
    Last edited by Raakel; 2016-08-08 at 07:08 AM.

For pure leveling I would assume nothing can beat sub (due tue teleport and burst windows) followed by Outlaw (least dps loss for speccing MFD)

I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a map for the best way to spend artifact power

Deleted
    Are you at an advantage to level with the first artifact weapon you choose? Like if I plan to raid with assassination is it best I choose it to level with?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Are you at an advantage to level with the first artifact weapon you choose? Like if I plan to raid with assassination is it best I choose it to level with?
    you can just not use your ap or relics you get lvling and lvl as something other than your main spec.

For example with my 748 gear on beta combat 2 shots the mobs for a while as run through crits for 230k+ and the first few lvls the mobs have 300k-400k hp.

Assassination Master poisoner + Leeching poison is going to result the best self healing of all specs, giving you the best chance to solo elite/group quest mobs.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Assassination Master poisoner + Leeching poison is going to result the best self healing of all specs, giving you the best chance to solo elite/group quest mobs.
    Not really, since you could just roll the 25% leech from RtB as Outlaw and heal for much more

From leveling 2 different Rogues to 110 Outlaw was by far the fastest

All the worrying about healing is pointless, Crimson Vial+Iron stomach and a normal healing potion is more than enough to keep yourself healed

Assassination's and Subtlety's finishers are both dots, and Eviscerate/Envenom do half the damage of a Run Through

As Outlaw you just ambush-SS-SS-RT-MfD-RT and the mob is dead, rinse and repeat

It also has the far far better AoE capabilities of all 3 specs, just pull a pack with Blade Flurry on, Cannon Barrage it and you're set

Assassination is by far the slowest, too may dots to wait and not enough hard hitting abilities

Subtlety can get close to Outlaw by making up for the slower kill time with the shadowstrike teleport

I was finding that with Sub if you can get them to x% health, X being the amount of damage nightblade does, in the first finisher, it's very fast. So you would SS, backstab a couple times, then nightblade and move to the next one. Nightblade slows them so they just walk along a bit, then die out of range. I haven't compared to the others so who knows. I don't think the difference is enough to make you level something you don't want to play. If you like one spec, just level as that and you won't know the difference anyway.

Sub has always been more fun for leveling to me because while leveling you spend more time stealthing than any other time, so it has some advantages. Things like healing while stealthed, damage bonus while stealthed, etc. become higher uptime than in any other setting. As others have mentioned, being able to shadowstrike in between mobs is huge, and the cooldown for stealth is now only 2 seconds. You can pop in and out to get heals between kills and teleports as well. I found it very fun on beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post
    Not really, since you could just roll the 25% leech from RtB as Outlaw and heal for much more

From leveling 2 different Rogues to 110 Outlaw was by far the fastest

All the worrying about healing is pointless, Crimson Vial+Iron stomach and a normal healing potion is more than enough to keep yourself healed

Assassination's and Subtlety's finishers are both dots, and Eviscerate/Envenom do half the damage of a Run Through

As Outlaw you just ambush-SS-SS-RT-MfD-RT and the mob is dead, rinse and repeat

It also has the far far better AoE capabilities of all 3 specs, just pull a pack with Blade Flurry on, Cannon Barrage it and you're set

Assassination is by far the slowest, too may dots to wait and not enough hard hitting abilities

Subtlety can get close to Outlaw by making up for the slower kill time with the shadowstrike teleport
    well I dunno.. I have not tried myself, so my post was just in .. theory. I also heard that Outlaw have energy problems while low on gear (as always was the case really). But I will not argue, since you have tried in beta, I will take your word
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

So, once I decide to go Assasin artifact route, if I want to switch to Outlaw I have to build the artifact/AP part all over again?

If you plan on levelling on the fastest spec but don't want to use it as your main spec : you can BUT don't use any of the Artefact Power items you earn during the levelling. Just use them once you are specced into the appropriate spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kumarshah View Post
    So, once I decide to go Assasin artifact route, if I want to switch to Outlaw I have to build the artifact/AP part all over again?
    yes if you used all your artefact power on the assassination artefact.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kumarshah View Post
    yes but it gets easier as over time u gain artifact research which gives a buff to rate of power gain

if i were you id choose the spec i enjoy the most, makes levelling more enjoyable. all the specs are close in dps so no matter your choice levelling won't be slow