Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Lightbulb Druid form one-button macros for all Druid specs (+talent affinities)

Hello everyone!

Here is my latest Druid forms macros that should work for all Druid specs in all situations (including swimming indoors). There are two versions, one standalone (no addons needed) and one in combination with the addons LiteMount and Macro Toolkit (or Long Macros) that extend the maximum macro length to 1024 chars. The last one even handles talented affinities. Feedback and questions welcome!

None of these macros includes Treant form, but they handle the current Blizzard bug where Moonkin form can start as form 5 if you directly login as Balance, while in any other situation it is form 4.

As a side note: Travel form, Treant form and Stag form all seem to use the same action-bar 1 that caster form uses, only Cat and Bear forms switch to their own action bar.

Standalone macro, 255 chars limit

This basic macro prefers fast movement over spec form, indoors it first switches to Cat form, outdoors it first switches to Travel Form. Otherwise it will always switch to the appropiate form fitting your current spec, including dismounting directly to your spec form! In noflyable areas it summons a mount, else it uses Travel form.

Because of the 255 chars limit there are several restrictions:

- If you start combat outside of your spec form then it will first switch to Travel form, only then it will switch to spec form.
    - Swimming indoors will only switch between Travel form and Cat form, regardless of your current spec.
    - No key modifier to summon the Mammoth (shop/repair) mount.
    - No automatic talent affinity forms.

Code:
    /use [noflyable,outdoors,noswimming,nocombat,nomounted]Azure Water Strider;[swimming,noform:3][outdoors,nomounted,noform:3]Travel Form(Shapeshift);[indoors,noform:2][spec:2,noform:2]Cat Form;[spec:1,noform:4/5]Moonkin Form;[nospec:1]Bear Form

German version:

Code:
    /use [noflyable,outdoors,noswimming,nocombat,nomounted]Azurblauer Wasserschreiter;[swimming,noform:3][outdoors,nomounted,noform:3]Reisegestalt(Gestaltwandel);[indoors,noform:2][spec:2,noform:2]Katzengestalt;[spec:1,noform:4/5]Mondkingestalt;[nospec:1]Bärengestalt

Extended (1024 chars) macro in combination with the addons LiteMount and Makro Toolkit (or Long Macros), including Affinity forms support!

This one literally does everything! Not only does it remove the aforementioned restrictions, but it also adds automatic switching of talent affinity forms. On top of the other macro's behavior this one will switch back and forth to/from your talend appropriate affinity form in combat. For Resto druids it will also always switch to affinity form from Travel form or after dismounting.

Last but not least you can use a [mod] key (like shift) to summon the Mammoth outside of combat or dismount directly to Travel form. In combat you can force a switch to Travel (outdoors) or Cat (indoors) form via [mod] key even while an affinity form other than Resto is set.

Unfortunately there is one restriction remaining: Feral's Balance affinity adds a 1.5 minutes cooldown on Moonkin form. I don't know why, but this can be a problem when you need to switch forms to remove snares as Feral, because the macro cannot identify the ongoing CD on Moonkin form. As a consequence you may want to remove Moonkin affinity form from the Feral part of the macro.

Additionally this macro allows to differentiate between using the macro while standing still (summons mount) or moving (Travel form). LiteMount also allows you to summon a random mount out of any clickable list.

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/macro-toolkit
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/litemount

Additionally you need to set up LiteMount as follows:

- Turn off the Travel Form mount via LiteMount's options.
    - Turn on the Tundra Mammoth' C2 option under "Mounts".
    - Add the following macro to LM's Macro: Unavailable option:

Code:
    /use [mod,nocombat,nostealth]Prowl;[nocombat,outdoors,nomounted,noform:3]Travel Form(Shapeshift);[nocombat,indoors,noswimming,noform:2][spec:2,noform:2]Cat Form;[spec:1,noform:4/5]Moonkin Form;[noform:1]Bear Form

German Version:
    Code:
    /use [mod,nocombat,nostealth]Schleichen;[nocombat,outdoors,nomounted,noform:3]Reisegestalt(Gestaltwandel);[nocombat,indoors,noswimming,noform:2][spec:2,noform:2]Katzengestalt;[spec:1,noform:4/5]Mondkingestalt;[noform:1]Bärengestalt

This is the extended macro:

Code:
    /click [mod]LM_B4; [nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,noharm][nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,dead]LM_B1
    /use [mod,nocombat,nomounted,noharm][mod,nocombat,noharm,dead][nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,noharm][nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,dead]0;[mod,outdoors,noform:3][nocombat,swimming,noharm,noform:3][nocombat,swimming,dead,noform:3][nocombat,outdoors,nomounted,noharm,noform:3][nocombat,outdoors,nomounted,dead,noform:3]Travel Form(Shapeshift);[mod,indoors,noswimming,noform:2][nocombat,noharm,indoors,noswimming,noform:2][nocombat,indoors,dead,noswimming,noform:2][spec:2,noform:2]Cat Form;[spec:1,noform:4/5]Moonkin Form;[spec:3,noform:1]Bear Form;[spec:1,talent:3/1,nomounted,noform:2][spec:3/4,talent:3/2,noform:2]Cat Form;[spec:3/4,talent:3/1,noform:4/5]Moonkin Form;[spec:1/2,talent:3/2,nomounted,noform:1][spec:4,talent:3/3,noform:1][nomounted,noform:1]Bear Form;[nomounted]Cat Form
    /use [mod,nostealth]Prowl
    /dismount

German version:
    Code:
    /click [mod]LM_B4; [nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,noharm][nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,dead]LM_B1
    /use [mod,nocombat,nomounted,noharm][mod,nocombat,noharm,dead][nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,noharm][nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,dead]0;[mod,outdoors,noform:3][nocombat,swimming,noharm,noform:3][nocombat,swimming,dead,noform:3][nocombat,outdoors,nomounted,noharm,noform:3][nocombat,outdoors,nomounted,dead,noform:3]Reisegestalt(Gestaltwandel);[mod,indoors,noswimming,noform:2][nocombat,noharm,indoors,noswimming,noform:2][nocombat,indoors,dead,noswimming,noform:2][spec:2,noform:2]Katzengestalt;[spec:1,noform:4/5]Mondkingestalt;[spec:3,noform:1]Bärengestalt;[spec:1,talent:3/1,nomounted,noform:2][spec:3/4,talent:3/2,noform:2]Katzengestalt;[spec:3/4,talent:3/1,noform:4/5]Mondkingestalt;[spec:1/2,talent:3/2,nomounted,noform:1][spec:4,talent:3/3,noform:1][nomounted,noform:1]Bärengestalt;[nomounted]Katzengestalt
    /use [mod,nostealth]Schleichen
    /dismount
    - - - Updated - - -

Edit 2017-08-25: Changed Litemount macro names to properly call Litemount (also uses less chars, yay).
    Edit 2016-08-28: Added extended length macro, improved all macros, added more explanations.
    Edit 2016-09-17: Improved extended length macro to differentiate between combat and non combat priorities.
    Edit 2016-09-18: Improved LiteMount's "Unavailable" macro.
    Edit 2016-09-18-2: Fixed errors introduced by the last edit.
    Edit 2016-09-30: You can now mount the Tundra Mammoth (even while targeting dead enemies) while in Moonkin Form, just as much as you can dismount in Moonkin Form now. Also keep in mind that holding shift/alt not only enforces Travel/Cat Form during combat, but also makes you dismount directly to Travel Form (can be useful sometimes).
    Edit 2016-09-30-2: Fixed an error that kept the combination of Guardian spec + Restoration affinity from switching to Cat form indoors in combat.
    Edit 2016-09-30-3: Cleaned up the LiteMount "Unavailable" macro and added German versions for the extended macro.
    Edit 2016-10-03: Minor changes to the post.
    Edit 2016-10-08: Shortened standalone (256 chars) macro and added a German version.
    Edit 2016-11-03: Guardian + Restoration affinity wouldn't switch out of Bear form with the extended macro, now switches to Cat form.
    Edit 2016-11-04: Fixed Balance Moonkin form dismounting as cat. German version cannot dismount as Balance then anymore, though (out of chars)
    Edit 2016-11-06: Added Prowl on mod-key to extended macro. This includes a corresponding change in the LiteMount macro.
    Edit 2016-11-06-2: Dismount as Balance returned to the German macro.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2018-08-27 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Improved macros and corrected errors.

Im sure this will be patched as a bug, ive reported it, but you could add a combat option to allow swapping from travel to stag form.

This doesnt incur the shapeshift gcd penalty, allowing spammable 40% snare breaker

Could you give an example, because I am not sure what exactly you mean?!

Thanks!

New Travel macro for all Druid specs

I'm not 100% on the form numbers. At work atm.

/cast [combat,form:3] stag form; [combat,form:6] travel form

Along those lines, just need the correct for number for travel and stag
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2016-08-09 at 03:03 AM.

Deleted
    one slight change i've noticed may be needed, or to be manually made. If you've bought and learned tree form, moonkin form becomes stance 5 rather than 4, so the string should become:

/use [mod]Traveler's Tundra Mammoth;[noform:2,indoors,noswimming]Cat Form;[noform:3,swimming]Travel Form;[spec:1,noform:5]Moonkin Form;[spec:2,noform:2]Cat Form;[spec:2,form:2,indoors]Bear Form;[spec:3,noform:1]Bear Form;[noindoors]Travel Form

otherwise when you transform from moonkin form to try to get travel form you end up shifting to base caster

based on this i'm also presuming base travel is 3, and stag (from the book) is 6
    Last edited by mmocc728097c28; 2016-08-09 at 03:01 AM.

I just checked, here is the list of forms and we have a (bug) problem here. When you log in as Balance then Moonkin is form 5, but when you switch specs Moonkin is form 4. So for the time being I will keep the macro at 4 and report a bug.

One thing that needs a work over is to change Balance from indoors cat to outdoors flying form directly. Usually you come (jump) out of a house and want to go flying directly.

- - - Updated - - -

Travel to Stag transformation does incur a GCD for me now, so it seems to be fixed.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2016-08-09 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Travel to Stag transformation does incurr a GCD for me now, so it seems to be fixed.
    Seems to work for me (US/frostmourne)

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Seems to work for me (US/frostmourne)
    Every change of form incurs the GCD (EU, Tirion), including going from Travel to Stag form and vice versa. /cancelform is the only exception. In my latest macros I make use of the latter by allowing to switch from flying mount directly to flying form.

And while we are at it: I vastly improved both macros, with and without using LiteMount. Moonkin form number is not needed anymore, so the Blizzard login bug doesn't matter. I will edit the original post, including how to properly set up LiteMount.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2016-08-09 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Every change of form incurs the GCD (EU, Tirion), including going from Travel to Stag form and vice versa. /cancelform is the only exception. In my latest macros I make use of the latter by allowing to switch from flying mount directly to flying form.

And while we are at it: I vastly improved both macros, with and without using LiteMount. Moonkin form number is not needed anymore, so the Blizzard login bug doesn't matter. I will edit the original post, including how to properly set up LiteMount.
    Gcd yes -the form lock, no.
    You can't /cast !travel form any more and shift instantly between firms to break snares.

Well, there is no space left in the now improved macro. One could add this to LM's combat macro option for the LM combined macro. I am not sure how useful this is in practice, though, other than running away from an angry mob that snares. And then I wouldn't know how to handle it automatically, because there is no macro condition for being ensnared.

I would have to forfeit being able to switch back to the spec form during combat, which doesn't seem like a good idea, because usually you just want to quickly change to unsnare and then change back to whatever spec form you use in combat. So for just running away Stag to Stag you may be better off using another key/macro.

- - - Updated - - -

Now with the latest changes being done, how do you people feel about using cat form to break roots for Balance and Resto? Does Bear form make more sense, because it is better protected while slower?

Also, I am only playing PVE myself, no idea about PVP requirements. Any changes needed for PVP players?
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2016-08-09 at 11:53 PM.

I added a third (extended length) macro that handles about everything, including talent affinity forms! The other macros were also improved.

- - - Updated - - -

I just noticed that (only) Feral's Balance affinity adds a 1.5 minutes CD to Moonkin form. This can be a problem if you need to switch forms to break snares. Once I found out how to handle running CDs in macros I will edit the extended length macro accordingly.

Does anyone know why that 1.5 minutes CD is in place anyway?
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2016-08-28 at 04:17 PM.

Last but not least I combined LiteMount with my extended macro to quickly change forms while moving and mount up while standing still.

Code:
    /click [mod,nocombat,noharm]LiteMountActionButton4;[nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,noharm]LiteMountActionButton1;[nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,dead]LiteMountActionButton1
    /use [nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,noharm]0;[nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,dead]0;[mod,outdoors,noform:3]Travel Form;[mod,indoors,noswimming,noform:2]Cat Form;[nocombat,swimming,noharm,noform:3]Travel Form;[nocombat,noharm,indoors,noswimming,noform:2]Cat Form;[nocombat,indoors,dead,noswimming,noform:2]Cat Form;[nocombat,noharm,outdoors,nomounted,noform:3]Travel Form;[nocombat,outdoors,dead,nomounted,noform:3]Travel Form;[spec:1,noform:4/5]Moonkin Form;[spec:2,noform:2]Cat Form;[spec:3,noform:1]Bear Form;[spec:1,talent:3/1,nomounted,noform:2]Cat Form;[spec:1/2,talent:3/2,nomounted,noform:1]Bear Form;[spec:2/3/4,talent:3/1,noform:4/5]Moonkin Form;[spec:3/4,talent:3/2,noform:2]Cat Form;[spec:4,talent:3/3,noform:1]Bear form;[nomounted,noform:1]Bear Form;[nomounted]Cat Form;[nocombat,nomounted,noform:3]Travel Form
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2016-09-18 at 03:52 PM.

Hi This is awesome, I SORELY missed a flight/mount 1 button macro.
    IS there any possibility you could post the default one, but when it drops you into cat form it Prowl'd please? I only care about/need feral spec, if that helps, Thank you.

Thank you for the MACRO

Quote Originally Posted by neiljwd View Post
    Hi This is awesome, I SORELY missed a flight/mount 1 button macro.
    IS there any possibility you could post the default one, but when it drops you into cat form it Prowl'd please? I only care about/need feral spec, if that helps, Thank you.
    You can just replace any instance of "Cat Form" with "Prowl". But keep in mind that Prowl has a CD and macros cannot detect these. So if you try to go into Cat form (+Prowl) while Prowl is on CD you will not change form at all.

I improved the extended length macro to differentiate between combat and non combat priorities. If you are in combat or target an enemy unit that is not dead then "combat" forms are on priority. Out of combat or with dead targets travel forms are on priority. This latest iteration is exactly 1024 chars long, so I will work on splitting it into spec specific ones that can be changed by spec (button on a bar) and thus allow for more options and translation into different languages (I need German, which uses longer words for spells).

- - - Updated - - -

Improved LiteMount's "Unavailable" macro.

Deleted
    Excellent macro.

Is there a way to summon a random favourite mount instead of the Water Strider?

Not with the standard macro, because of the 256 character limit. With the LiteMount variant you can just enable other mounts in LiteMount as this is the main purpose of this addon. I suggest you try the extended macro (Macro Toolkit) + LiteMount combination, it really covers a lot of cases.

The reason I chose LiteMount is because it allows to internally setup the "Unavailable" macro. What this does is to call the internal macro when you try to call LiteMount while moving even though Travel Form is disabled (aka when you cannot mount).

For myself I now split the large single extended macro into four different ones, one per spec. This is because else I could not fit German spell (form) names in there and I also remember having some very rare cases of living vs. dead enemy targets not covered in the single large macro (have to check again). Last but not least it allowed me to add a /dismount command that works for when you are mounted in Moonkin form.

- - - Updated - - -

In my last edit today I introduced some errors (edited Combat LiteMount macro instead of Unavailable, German /klick command). I fixed these.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone is wondering why I inserted "0" lines into the extended macro, which lead to the macro not doing anything when these conditions are met: This makes sure that you mount up without losing Moonkin form, which is the only form other than caster form that is allowed to mount.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2016-09-18 at 03:57 PM.

Just wanted to drop a line and say thanks for this macro. Perfect.

I'm curious, do you use the extended or the short macros?