Deleted

new pc but bad performance

Hello

I decided to upgrade my pc because my old pc couldnt run newer games anymore and could only play wow with 60 fps on medium graphics during raids. I could reach 30 fps in raids with ultra settings and about 30-40 in cities.

Specs old pc: intel core i5 2500, 8 gb ram, nvidia 560 gtx.

New pc: intel core i5 6600, 16gb ram, amd radeon 480 8gb.
    I have been testing all kinds of games, but my fps in games such as arma 3, dayz and world ofm warcraft have improved almost nothing. I still get about 30-40 fps in raids on ultra and stable 70-80 on medium. in cities im lucky if i get 40 fps aswell. it seems logical that i would get much better results with these specs.

I have spent quite some money on this pc and it feels like a waste considering its functioning about as well as the pc i bought 5 years ago for the same price.

would love to hear tips/advice

thanks

First of all, the slider changed, what do you mean Ultra? Old Ultra is 7, new Ultra is 10.

Secondly, low FPS on the other games isnt much of an excuse so lets start with the logical stuff..

What windows, drivers? etc.

WoW's engine is pretty poop. Don't expect consistently high FPS even with the best hardware (of which yours isn't). With that said, they made graphical updates with Legion. The old Ultra is about 7/10.

15+ Year Old Account
    The thing about Arma 3, DayZ and WoW is that all three games are very CPU dependant.
    And there's not much gaming difference between 2500k and 6600k.

Did you buy a new monitor with higher resolution?

Did you make sure that you installed the drivers? It could affect fps.

Also I'm not exactly sure how good AMD is for WoW.
    Last edited by UFPInfinity; 2016-08-08 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormfang View Post
    Hello

I decided to upgrade my pc because my old pc couldnt run newer games anymore and could only play wow with 60 fps on medium graphics during raids. I could reach 30 fps in raids with ultra settings and about 30-40 in cities.

Specs old pc: intel core i5 2500, 8 gb ram, nvidia 560 gtx.

New pc: intel core i5 6600, 16gb ram, amd radeon 480 8gb.
    I have been testing all kinds of games, but my fps in games such as arma 3, dayz and world ofm warcraft have improved almost nothing. I still get about 30-40 fps in raids on ultra and stable 70-80 on medium. in cities im lucky if i get 40 fps aswell. it seems logical that i would get much better results with these specs.

I have spent quite some money on this pc and it feels like a waste considering its functioning about as well as the pc i bought 5 years ago for the same price.

would love to hear tips/advice

thanks
    Its prob ur amd video card... just saying might get better possibly with nvidia... Personally id take the card back and get nvidia...

for the same price you could of got a nvidia 1060 card.... just saying.

prob less then what you paid for a better card... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814137018
    Last edited by Nakotsu; 2016-08-08 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    there are other aspects you need to consider, your performance is low for your specs, so perhaps a graphics setting like CMAA or an addon is the problem, whats your FPS with addons disabled?

AMD have released a new driver today for your card. You can get it here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...indows+10+-+64 (I'm presuming you are using win10 64-bit)

Deleted
    i have been searching for solutions the last few days, yet no real luck there. All my drivers are updated and im running windows 7. my fps hasnt improved 1 bit, i even have low fps during the invasion event and in my garrison. my fps is around 20-40 when i have evrything maxed out(10 on the slider) and 35-65 when everything on lowest(slider 1) (in crowded area's such as raids/invasion events/cities). Not really sure what to do atm, performance of my pc isnt all that great in other games either, i can run farcry 4/battlefield 3/dying light smoothly on medium settings, but anything above that will really affect gameplay. pretty sure my specs should be able to perform much much better than this, right? thanks in advance

What are you processor, gpu and vram loads when you play?
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    1. Make sure you've connected monitor to the rx 480 and not MoBo
    2. There will not be much difference between your old and new setup in cpu limited games
    3. As was said before old ultra =/= new ultra
    4. Run some benchmark and compare performance with similar setups, 3marks should do
    5. If anyone tells you rx480 is bad card you can stop listening to them - they are full of it. No, it is not best card on the market, yes there might be better options for similar price, but still its damn good card.

I have to ask, do you have Anti Aliasing turned up? I know that turning it all the way up still kills my FPS, and I'm running an I5 3570k and a GTX 970, which is fairly comparable. Weaker CPU and Roughly the same performance GPU.
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

Did you do a clean install of windows when you install the new hardware?
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

Deleted
    Not really sure how to poperly track processor, gpu and vram loads. i ran 3dmark firestrike 1.1 and the results were a bit off i think, because the physics test was much lower than the other. 10k for the first test, 2,3k for the physics test and 4k for the combined one. i have anti aliasing turned off completely. i also did a clean install of windows 7.