Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    2). Literally 90% of what they do could be done online with the right systems.
    Literally 90% of the things people use the DMV for, I DO use the internet for now. I renew all my vehicle registrations online, change my license's address, even pay traffic fines.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I was at the DMV to renew my driver's license I was in and out in half an hour, no appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Live in a big city by chance? My DMV is usually empty.

Live in a city, win city prizes.
    Same here, I've never seen more than 4 people in my DMV.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Deleted
    Can't you just fill in a form and send it off? No wonder people are ignoring licences and claiming they have a right to travel in US with this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Can't you just fill in a form and send it off? No wonder people are ignoring licences and claiming they have a right to travel in US with this nonsense.
    No, I had to show up in person because I was actually coming from another state and had to bring in person my driving record since I lost my whole wallet during the move (don't ask), and also because I was paying with cash and not a credit card (debit card was in the wallet). Online and mail-in options were not on the table.

And as awesome as it would be to just go to something else while I wait, there's nothing within walking distance of my city's DMV. Plus my leg is injured, so walking on it too much hurts like a bitch.

In the end, it took 3 hours to renew my license; I say renewed because since it's only been three years since I had a California license, they decided to just renew it instead of bothering with my Texas license. That suit me just fine because I still have an unpaid ticket in Texas I thought I'd have to pay off immediately. This gave me more time. Bureaucracy sucks ass, but every long once in a while, it can work in one's favor.