Page 1 of 3
LastLast

You thought EA couldn't get any worse

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/08/0...-with-the-game

Base edition of BF1 collectors edition DOES NOT include the game. What an absolute fucking joke of a company. Hey guys here you go a collectors edition of a video game with nice stuff but if you want the actual game throw another 50 bucks in there. Disgusting. I mean France is already a DLC you know one of the major powers in WW1 so I expected more stupid shit to come from them but not this level of stupid.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-08-08 at 09:14 PM.

The sad thing is people will still buy it. That's the only reason EA gets away with these things
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Isn't this just for people who already bought the game and want to add the collector's edition to it? Seems like a smart idea, that could save people some money from not having to pay for the game twice.

Deleted
    This is basically the "upgrade" standard to X version.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-08-08 at 09:29 PM.

Or for the people who want to buy the game digitally but still with all the physical stuff that comes with Collectors Edition because there is a version of the Collectors Edition that comes with comes with a physical copy of the game.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Well, it makes sense to make one cross-platform CE instead of 3 separate ones...

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually wish Blizzard would add this as an option for when you're pre-ordering something. Right now if you want to play on launch AND have CE, they tell you to purchase the game twice (CE and regular) and then either sell the base copy to someone/return it or give it to someone. Of course I'm not saying to replace the full CE option with the game, but just as an option for what I said.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
    Or for the people who want to buy the game digitally but still with all the physical stuff that comes with Collectors Edition because there is a version of the Collectors Edition that comes with comes with a physical copy of the game.
    Ding ding ding we have a winner. But by all means everyone else feel free to get mad over nothing.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Deleted
    I think it's a solid concept/idea in principal. I rather buy my games digitally and it seems convient that you can order the extra goodies separately if you want later for example.
    The problem is that EA basically charges for the game twice. Once in the collectors edition where there's no game and another time when you buy the actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/08/0...-with-the-game

Base edition of BF1 collectors edition DOES NOT include the game. What an absolute fucking joke of a company. Hey guys here you go a collectors edition of a video game with nice stuff but if you want the actual game throw another 50 bucks in there. Disgusting. I mean France is already a DLC you know one of the major powers in WW1 so I expected more stupid shit to come from them but not this level of stupid.
    They're selling all the LE content on its own as well as with the game: https://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-E...ectors+edition

For folks that already have the game preordered elsewhere but want this LE content, they can now get both.

This is a total non-issue that media are covering to bait the "OH EM GEE EA IS LITERALLY THE WORST!" type folks and because it's still popular to hate on EA for any perceived slight, regardless of if it's real or not.

This is a benefit to consumers, kudo's to EA for providing fans with more options.

Sounds good you can get a cheaper key online and play on release date and later buy the CE without game.

Deleted
    Of course I'm not saying to replace the full CE option with the game, but just as an option for what I said.
    The CE + Game option is still available for BF1 too.

OP didn't want to mention it though and thinks you have to pay "another" 50$ instead of realizing that the CE stuff itself costs 130$ and if you want it with the game it's 180$.
    It's as simple as that, but obviously less dramatic.

CEs cost alot of money (and they are overpriced_af), big news everyone.

You could get the game for like <39$ digitally from some other site or from russia/brazil (whatever) and buy the CE stuff seperately, this should be the most amazing thing for collectors.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-08-08 at 09:40 PM.

Not a fan of EA, but doesn't this help the consumer a bit? Gives you more choices and reduces that costs of product by de-bundling.

IE: Nintendo sold the NES, Lightgun, 2 controllers, Mario, and Duck Hunt in a bundle, for probably about 200 bucks(?) back when NES came out in the states. Imagine if they sold the setup for the same price, but they were stand alone products. So you could not buy the lightgun, and duck hunt, and you could save 50 bucks. Even though it is more confusing not bundling everything you think the consumer may want, it is a lot better for the consumer because they can choose their products a la carte.

10+ Year Old Account
    IGN is terrible. Its clearly an option for people who already bought the game and want the CE stuff.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know there are folks that buys Collector's Editions of things without ever opening the thing? That whole "mint condition" affair matters to people who are game collectors. If you do want the game disc with your CE, you can get that too.

This is just IGN baiting people who have a predisposition to hate EA for clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    This is just IGN baiting people who have a predisposition to hate EA for clicks.
    To be fair, it's far from just IGN covering this "news" with misleading headlines

http://www.pcgamesn.com/battlefield-...t-include-game
    https://www.vg247.com/2016/08/08/ama...ctors-edition/
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/thi.../1100-6442383/
    http://www.gamesradar.com/the-130-ba...c-but-no-game/
    http://gamerant.com/battlefield-1-co...ition-no-game/

etc.

How about you put down your pitchforks and take a stab at critical thinking, imagining why this might be a good thing. It allows people to buy the collectors merchandise separately from the game, for less than the edition with the game would have likely cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamora View Post
    Isn't this just for people who already bought the game and want to add the collector's edition to it? Seems like a smart idea, that could save people some money from not having to pay for the game twice.
    Save money? You MUST be joking.

You'd save money, if it WOULD include the game itself. WHy on earth would you buy a regular copy if CE would have one too (not for BF1 atm). THis is an insult to us all. And sadly there are people retarded enough to buy this filth.

CE without the game, wow, just wow. First they kill Battlefront 3 (Fanmade), now this.

People supporting/buying games from EA, should be shot. You cannot get any stupider than buying EA shit. Period. EA needs to go away. It really needs to.

My point is: DO NOT BUY EA GAMES. Its a CANCER to gaming industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
    Yeah I can see a couple good reasons for it. like with your scenario. There is also those who decide to play the game but either don't want to drop all that money on a collectors edition until they have tried it out or can't afford to this gives them a cheaper option since they already own the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    To be fair, it's far from just IGN covering this "news" with misleading headlines
    etc.
    Yeah I don't like the IGN article it's designed to get people pissed off at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post

You'd save money, if it WOULD include the game itself. WHy on earth would you buy a regular copy if CE would have one too (not for BF1 atm). THis is an insult to us all. And sadly there are people retarded enough to buy this filth.

CE without the game, wow, just wow. First they kill Battlefront 3 (Fanmade), now this.

People supporting/buying games from EA, should be shot. You cannot get any stupider than buying EA shit. Period. EA needs to go away. It really needs to.

My point is: DO NOT BUY EA GAMES. Its a CANCER to gaming industry.
    Okay say the game wasn't Battlefield instead it's Legion. You buy the Collectors Edition but you don't get to play your DH early because the game isn't added to your account until you physically put in the code when you get the game on release day so in order to be able to play your DH you will have to also do a digital order so you have payed for the game twice now. But with the gameless CE you buy the game digitally have all the perks that allows you (Early Access to DH, Play as soon as game goes live) plus you get the collectors edition with out paying for the game twice.
    Last edited by WintersLegion; 2016-08-08 at 11:01 PM.

This CE is specific to Amazon, and there's another CE that you can buy there that does have the game included, it's just more expensive.

This is for folks who may have preordered at GameStop or another location but still want these goodies. Now they can keep that preorder and pick this up as well, saves some hassle of needing to cancel the initial preorder. Additionally, it's good for folks that decide they want to pick this up post-launch after having played the game.

You seem to be incorrectly assuming there's no LE version with the game included, that's not true (I linked to it above). This is just another option.

Yeah...but no. Let's not go to this kind of ludicrously silly extreme. Ever.