Thread: MMOC on Mobile

Exclamation MMOC on Mobile

I access MMOC from my phone a lot, oddly enough I've been using it as a Facebook replacement. On here I laugh compared to on Facebook where everybody wants me to be outraged and if I'm not I'm a horrible person. Recently, when I browse threads on here, my phone gets redirected. I'm aware this happens with ads, and it opens app store (Which is normal, I just keep pop ups turned off). The last few weeks, however, have been very strange. Within the last 3 days, my phone has consumed 100% of my 10GB data plan, and 3 additional 1GB additions. Even weirder, my phone has been dead 90% of the last 3 days because it has had issues charging. I hardly use any apps on it, and do the usual data reducing procedure. Usually my phone does not take up more than 1-2 GB of my plan.

The reason I suspect MMOC to be the problem, is because often when I am on here, it will randomly redirect me over and over again to websites like "trackmycell.xxx," or "trackmedown.xxx" (Not the actual websites, but similarly named). It been very odd and only happens when I am on MMOC forums browsing threads. They aren't usual advertisements as they redirect me to nothing, blocking popups doesn't work, nor does the app store open. It just randomly redirects me to those websites and dates up ALL my data.

The data portion I am getting sorted out with my provider, but am wondering if anyone else has had this issue with MMOC/if any administrators are aware.
    Last edited by Teaklog; 2016-08-09 at 08:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Everything is artificially prolonging the game, it's called the game

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I found while browsing MMO-C on my mobile I get redirected to some REAL dodgy sites to the point I stopped coming her eon my mobile, these sites would tell me my phone is malware riddled it has trojan virus's and that its battery was damaged and needed repairing whilst making it vibrate like crazy, MMOC was the only site I ever visited on my mobile during my lunch breaks in work but I don't bother anymore.
    Thats pretty much my issue, I get redirected to really dodgy sites with "tracker" or something like that in the name. Around the same time my data usage skyrocketed with Safari being the contributing app.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Everything is artificially prolonging the game, it's called the game

Maybe you can get an ad blocker for your browser? They have ad blockers for mobile phone browsers I think.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Guys guys.

Its only 2016. No need to be mobile.
    + development costs money.
    Which they obviously dont have running 40 adds per page.

Deleted
    I used to have the same problem but I then installed Adblock Plus. If it helps any, I am using an iPhone and Safari. Switching to Chrome did not help, but Adblock Plus did.

Deleted
    this site straight up sucks on mobile / tablet. having an adblocker helps a bit, but its still shit to use.

As I type this, I have one ad on the top of the page for Hearthstone and an ad for window treatments at the bottom on the mobile site. No redirects.

Shrug.

Deleted
    The mobile forum is trash, they should just make sure they're Tapatalk approved. If the forum is a vBulletin board, then it should be doable.

On iPad it's fine.

I'll develop a reader for mmo-c when I have more time.

I tried it once on a windows phone. I have cancer now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Get adblocker from the App Store.

Since I did that on my IPad I'm no longer re-directed and I never had the problems you're having.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2016-08-09 at 12:41 PM.

I constantly get forced redirects all the time to some stupid Marvel app. I swear to god i see more images of that damn Cyclops add than i do actual forum reading time.

Im on an iPhone, for yhe tecs interested. Previous generation had the same prob.

Yeah this really isn't a site worth visiting without and add blocker...on mobile or desktop.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Had similar problems.

Use AdBlock browser now and my data is better and don't get those awful redirects.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Was on MMO-C the other day and I got a redirect/"your phone is full of viruses!!!!' pop up. Had to restart the phone, nbd but annoying nonetheless.

Really my issue with MMO-C on mobile has to do with how long the ad at the top takes to load, not sure if it's because my smartphone is cheap or if graphics-related ads just take awhile...

I should reinstall the adblock browser.

This is really more suited for our suggestions & feedback section, which already has a few threads similar to this topic, otherwise I'd just move this thread-

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rom-smartphone

And if you happen to have more details on the ads (like the url you posted), we have a thread for bad advertisement reports-
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...orting-bad-ads

On that note, closing this.