Deleted

Argent Tournament - how to get all the mounts, quick as possible?

Hi guys,

How do you get all the mounts as quick as possible?

I'm starting from scratch and want to get done with it. I was thinking doing it on 5 different alts/races and I was reading that I can get them all in about 30 days/resets. Is that true? How many hours per day would it take in that case?

Any other advice to a fellow powergamer?
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-08-09 at 08:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Hi guys,

How do you get all the mounts as quick as possible?

I'm starting from scratch and want to get done with it. I was thinking doing it on 5 different alts/races and I was reading that I can get them all in about 30 days/resets. Is that true? How many hours per day would it take in that case?

Any other advice to a fellow powergamer?
    Only thing I can mention is make sure to select the "gold bags" from the crusader dailys - 1 bag gives 1 seal.

Also make sure to do the instance for 3 seals. You can start mounted, talk to the guy, then dismount and kill the mounted part of the instance.

THE INSTANCE OMG THE INSTANCE
    I totally forgot about it, damn it! Thanks you!

Deleted
    I'm still confused. Any time reduction if you play on multiple alts?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking doing it on 5 different alts/races and I was reading that I can get them all in about 30 days/resets. Is that true? How many hours per day would it take in that case?
    It's true you can do it that way. It takes approx 30m per one char, including the dungeon. Longer if you have to fly to narnia and kiss frogs.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    If you race change and alt, ie Tauren -> Belf, you'll get the Silvermoon Chicken to match the Thunder Bluff kodo.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Starting from scratch, it takes indeed a LONG time to get all the stuff from Argent Tournament. Doing it on 5 different characters is definitely recommended to vastly speed up the time needed.
    Before you start, I'd become an ambassador to the horde/alliance, and get Silver Covenant/Sunreaver to exalted on one of the characters you plan on doing this on.

First 3 days, you can only get 3 seals a day from the instance. 9 seals earned during these 3 days.
    After that, you become a valiant, and can earn marks to become a champion. You now open up the other dailies in the west building. This is 9 extra seals a day, bringing us to 12. This last for 5 days. 60 seals earned during these 5 days.
    Once becoming a champion of a city, you are now eligible to do the Silver Covenant/Sunreaver dailies, provided you have a character that's exalted with that faction AND is a champion of a city too. Basically, have earned this achievement: http://wow.gamepedia.com/A_Silver_Confidant . You now have to get champion for the other four cities. This brings us two extra seals a day for 12. This lasts 20 days. So, 240 seals earned these 20 days.
    Finally, once becoming an exalted argent champion, you open up the Champion's dailies, giving you two extra seals a day, for a grand total of 14 a day forever. There are two mounts for each faction, as well as three more mounts for the other two faction vendors. there is also a paladin only mount, so 14 total mounts from the Argent Tournament. Five of the characters need to earn 105 seals to purchase their two mounts, three of them need to earn an extra 100 (one of whom needs to be a paladin), and one needs to earn an extra 150. Becoming an exalted argent champion will earn you 309 seals if the dailies are done every day. This gives you plenty to buy all of the mounts, in 28 days time. Note that one of the characters can stop doing them after earning 105 seals for his faction's mounts.

fyi, i triple checked the math, but it still might be wrong. You get the general idea from this though.
    Last edited by Fincayra; 2016-08-09 at 09:47 AM. Reason: faulty math
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Deleted
    Ah, thank you so much guys.

I rather play 2hrs30min per day for 30 days, than 90 days and 30min sessions.

I'm less stressed now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do it as a Paladin, since there's a paladin only mount and you don't wanna do everything twice. :b
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ah, thank you so much guys.

I rather play 2hrs30min per day for 30 days, than 90 days and 30min sessions.

I'm less stressed now.
    2h30m = 150 minutes

150 * 30 = 4500 minutes played

90 * 30 = 2700 minutes played

I know which Id rather play.

Deleted
    If you want to get all mounts, you'll have to do it twice: once for alliance, once for horde. Make sure one of them is a paladin for extra paladin mount. Other can be mage, so you could set hearthstone at tournament for quick teleportation once a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    If you want to get all mounts, you'll have to do it twice: once for alliance, once for horde. Make sure one of them is a paladin for extra paladin mount. Other can be mage, so you could set hearthstone at tournament for quick teleportation once a day.
    Are you sure this is still true. I have only done tournament on one character and I have both sets of the 500g mounts

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    Are you sure this is still true. I have only done tournament on one character and I have both sets of the 500g mounts
    You have the 500g ones but you need to re earn the 100 token ones on the other faction

Deleted
    Here are some hands on experience/advice:

There are 2 mounts per faction and 4 neutral mounts. 14 in total. Being a specific race, simple makes you free of grinding classic faction reputation and you can get the 2 mounts right away, when you have enough currency.

It's tough(dailies):
    Unless you are EXTREMELY dedicated, don't go with 5 alts. You will find out, that you use a lot of your playtime with the quests. Expect around 3-4 hours in total during first 3 days. After that, the quests changes slightly and gets a bit shorter. Still like 2hours. After 9 days, it should be like 15min per alt. After 18-20 days in total you will get 10mounts(2 from each race, that's why you have 5 alts with different race)and you will only remain 4(one of them only buyable as a Paladin). But if you can manage to get throu it, you will be done and fine with everything after like 40 days in total(one character can do something else after getting the faction mount, so you only work on 4, as there are only 4 neutral mounts left to buy).

Here is the alternative and more convienent route:
    Have 5 alts(again 5 different race). On one of them, you will do dailies and the dungeon. You will park the rest(4 alts)infront of the dungeon and do that for about 35 days. On the one you are doing dailies with(must be a Paladin), you can buy the 4 neutral mounts plus your characters faction mounts(that is 6). And your dungeon alts can get thier faction mounts(8 mounts)only by dungeon daily dungeon runs.

After 35 days you can stop doing dungeons on the 4(they will basicly be done with the job)and keep working on your single quest character.

This will reduce your daily work to like 45min and much, much easier start(as you only quest on 1)and further down to 15min in total after 35 days. This approach will take about 2 weeks more to complete, but less time consuming per day. Still, you will be done weeks earlier(if not more than a month), compared to the tradtional single character quest/dungeon grind.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-08-19 at 12:26 PM.

Deleted
    Unless you have some specifc reason why you want both factions mount its rather pointless. They dont count towards 300 mount achivement anyway.

Deleted
    I don't want both. I just want to get done with it. Quick. And enjoy some other things ingame.