DejaCharacterStats: Improving Legion's Default Character Stat Panel

Hi everyone. I am posting here today to get input from the community about something I feel is an important component of the WoW player's user experience; the character's stats panel in game.

Recently Blizzard showed the new stripped down character stats panel for Legion. This is a very good minimalist design for the default UI. However, for many moderately advanced players this is not sufficient. Blizzard has also been firm on their stance that the stats will be available via the in game API, inferring that addons could be made to display all of the pruned stats. (Blizzard has capitulated slightly, adding Dodge, Parry and Block for tanks on the default stat display.)

Enter DejaCharacterStats (DCS), available on Curse and WoWInterface.

DCS works with WoD Live Legion Pre-Patch 7.0.3, Legion PTR and Beta! And, of course, Demon Hunters!

Here is a video overview of the latest build of DCS.

Apologies for the slow speaking and nasally drone of my voice, I have sinus infection ;/ The first half is an overview of DCS, including what was implemented with this build. The second half is all about what I am currently working on and what features I am looking to implement in the future, with a few questions of the community about a couple of them.

IMPLEMENTED: 8/08/2016: 7.0.3 r7
    • Unavailable stats are now hidden until available. Thanks Darth_Predator
    • Option to show/hide the show/hide button.
    • Separate out durability and gold repair cost to be individual and larger and in the middle of the display but as is when both are selected.
    • Durability was not updating on the shirt/paperdoll guy or on the stat frame, they are updating differently as well. Revamped and fixed.
    • Many small things I forgot.

TO DO:
    • Make scrolling based on number of stats shown
    • Fix no attributes stats selected enhance stats reference bug.
    • Fix scroll snap reset bug.
    • Mega-Mini Stats
    • Look into Movement Speed updating properly, events, if not then make an "OnUpdate" loop.
    • German localization of movement speed
    • Options saved per Spec not just per character.
    • Way to order stats and have new sub sections etc.
    • Item level and bonus armor display
    • Add available guild repair gold amount somewhere when selected.
    • More small things I am forgetting.
    • YOUR suggestions!

Questions for the community:

• Mega-Mini Stats™, do you want em?
    • Germans, Deutsche, buddies, pals, comrades, do you prefer Bewegungsgeschwindigkeit or Lauftempo for Movement Speed localization?
    • What are your other thoughts? What improvements could be made to DCS?
    • More questions in the video overview posted above.

I would be remiss if I did not thank everyone that has helped make DCS possible: wizardanim, Lombra, myrroddin, Darth_Predator, sirann and the WoW Interface forum members, /r/wow, and mmo-champion forum members! A special thank you to Curse for sharing ad revenue. Please whitelist Curse in your adblock program, authors actually get paid by them ($10 for DCS thus far, not a millionaire but I am grateful). Thank you!

Since it's been asked, if you wish to donate on Curse there is a yellow Donate button on the right side under the download links block. Those actually open up to an author's PayPal. Here is a direct link to Donate to DCS' continued development if you wish to use that instead. Let me thank in advance any donators for their patronage

Thank you for your time, assistance, and patronage, everyone!

Cheers!

Can you separate run speed (the tertiary stat) in the list? This was missing, last I checked on beta. You do have run speed (total, like 108%) but not the stat itself from gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Can you separate run speed (the tertiary stat) in the list? This was missing, last I checked on beta. You do have run speed (total, like 108%) but not the stat itself from gear.
    I don't believe there is a stat anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
    I don't believe there is a stat anymore.
    +speed is still a stat. I can at least confirm it's still dropping on HFC gear, got a titanforged staff off Xhul Wednesday that has +305 speed after valor upgrades.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know it's kind of a throwaway stat, but how about adding XP bonuses. Between heirlooms, potions, elixirs, DMF buff, anniversary buff, and RAF bonuses there is quite a bit of information there. Not saying it'd get a lot of notice/use, just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    I know it's kind of a throwaway stat, but how about adding XP bonuses. Between heirlooms, potions, elixirs, DMF buff, anniversary buff, and RAF bonuses there is quite a bit of information there. Not saying it'd get a lot of notice/use, just an idea.
    Check out the linked video in the OP. It has a red colored clicky in the upper right that takes you to discussion about item level and bonus XP. It's basically a whole other module I will have to make. Eventually I plan to have it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Insaniam View Post
    +speed is still a stat. I can at least confirm it's still dropping on HFC gear, got a titanforged staff off Xhul Wednesday that has +305 speed after valor upgrades.
    I'll check it out. +Speed is not on Legion gear. As well, there has never been a +Speed stat on the paper doll, only on gear. I may include it in the Movement Speed tooltip when I am able to get other special item stats functioning. For more information check out the linked video in the OP. It has a red colored clicky in the upper right that takes you to discussion about item level and bonus XP, +Speed would work the same way, scanning hidden item tooltips, and would be part of a whole other module I will have to make.