Deleted

Why I should I be Holy Pally (PVE POV)

Hello there,

I have a big holy question.

What is the point to take a holy pally in your raid roster?

I mean it used to be the the GOD of tank-healing, but in the Legion the holy paladin looks week or at least less competitive than other healer.

For example. Then monks, druids and even the holy priest can be the same job as tank-healing and at the same time they could give a nice raid support with their heals and raids CD.

My main used to be a holy pally (pve raids) but now, I can't understand why a party would prefer to chose me when they can chose a Druid, Monk or Priest.

Any help?

BTW yesterday I could read on the game chat... "GUILD XXXXXXXX LFG Monk healer for Legion Raids blablabla.." I have asked if they already had a holy pally and they told me.. "sorry we prefer a Monk Healer as Tank-Healer right now

Thanks
    Last edited by mmocea3f536c1c; 2016-08-09 at 11:43 AM.

Deleted
    Sheeple will follow the opinion of absolute bleeding edge raiders like it's the word of God. The opinion of absolute bleeding edge raiders seems to be that Paladins aren't that special.

Find a bunch of people who can think for themselves and have a slightly more relaxed attitude, because really - there is no sensible objective reason to bench Paladins for 99% of raiders.

Deleted
    First off, find yourself a new guild. There is nothing wrong with paladin healers.

You cant have one healing class being the GOD of tank healing when its such a bit part of the healers job.

You are either a tank healer, or a raid healer. If 1 class out of them all stands out as the GOD of tank healing thats pretty op.

Legion comes closer to the concept of bring the player, not the class. So in this case you are true. You will no longer have a raid spot simply because you are a paladin(thank god). Maybe your guild does not think you are a very good player and this is their way of letting you down gently

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    First off, find yourself a new guild. There is nothing wrong with paladin healers.

You cant have one healing class being the GOD of tank healing when its such a bit part of the healers job.

You are either a tank healer, or a raid healer. If 1 class out of them all stands out as the GOD of tank healing thats pretty op.

Legion comes closer to the concept of bring the player, not the class. So in this case you are true. You will no longer have a raid spot simply because you are a paladin(thank god). Maybe your guild does not think you are a very good player and this is their way of letting you down gently
    There is a difference between not being best tank healers to being nothing good at all, and paladins aren't good at anything now. And tell me how is good balance now when resto druids are best at tank and raid healing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    There is a difference between not being best tank healers to being nothing good at all, and paladins aren't good at anything now. And tell me how is good balance now when resto druids are best at tank and raid healing?
    This is very much a subjective pov.

Shamans are strong, so are monks.

All healers work however and thats the jizz. A good paladin healer will outperform a mediocre monk.

The difference isnt as big as you make it sound like, and if it is when legion comes, buffs/nerfs will happen fast.

Deleted
    MMM so then.. should I keep trying to play with my holy pally in the Legion or I should to re-role to Druid, Monk or Holly Priest??... /Why Blizzard why us

Deleted
    This is very much a subjective pov.

Shamans are strong, so are monks.

All healers work however and thats the jizz. A good paladin healer will outperform a mediocre monk.

The difference isnt as big as you make it sound like, and if it is when legion comes, buffs/nerfs will happen fast.
    "all healers work, so lets make one best at everything and pallies garbage at everything" Are you a blizz employee perhaps?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    "all healers work, so lets make one best at everything and pallies garbage at everything" Are you a blizz employee perhaps?
    You dont seem to know what "works" mean in this context. But i see its not possible to have a reasonable discussion with you. Have a nice day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LagrimaBendita View Post
    MMM so then.. should I keep trying to play with my holy pally in the Legion or I should to re-role to Druid, Monk or Holly Priest??... /Why Blizzard why us
    Play what you like to play. IF holy paladins seem weak when Legion starts they will be buffed. Its a matter of making all healing classes viable. To some people not being top on healing meters = not being viable. These are the peopel you do not want to listen to

its not his guild lol. "game chat" aka Trade chat.

Deleted
    Why he put Holy Paladin in the second position https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwa0RO5ua_A ?

I think is the only person who put a Holy Pally in a High Postion in all the youtube.

Deleted
    Why he put Holy Paladin in the second position https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwa0RO5ua_A ?

I think is the only person who put a Holy Pally in a High Postion in all the youtube.
    Since he is from method he is most likely more accurate then 95% of shit people say on youtube

Or on this forum
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2016-08-09 at 12:28 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah... method ranks holy paladin as the second best in legion. You got loads of utility and CD's. You are fine. Should have no problems finding a guild. The problem is that with Ret beeing in the sorry state that it is, there might be more competition.

I wouldnt go to the guild your applying for, they seem stupid. I see most mythic guilds right now setting there healing comp up to be Rdruid/Rsham/Hpal. My guild was searching for a holy paladin for a while for Legion until I showed up. Either way, maybe that specific guild just prefers a different healing comp. The best one right now seems like Rdruid/Rsham/Hpal or if your 4 healing it add in holy priest. I really dont see MW anywhere.

Also, in all of the best healer videos Ive watched, MW was behind holy paladin in all of them. Holy paladin was either 2nd or 3rd in most of the ones I watched which is good. It seems like all of the preferred healing comps Ive seen for mythic include holy paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

Since he is from method he is most likely more accurate then 95% of shit people say on youtube

Or on this forum
    This as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, if your just shit at healing dont re roll any of the healers. If you like playing holy paladin then play holy paladin. All of the healers are competitive with one another except for disc, so play what you like. We arent in a bad spot at all. The preferred healing comp seems to be Rdruid/Hpal/Rsham and Rdruid/Hpal/Rsham/Hpriest. I wouldnt re roll if you like the class.

Holy is fine. Restoration Druids are probably stronger, with a "more complete package", but Holy is fine. They no longer have a niche in the sense that a raid must bring one, but neither is there a reason not to bring one.

I played resto druid a lot in WoD. Going to main ret in Legion but i did a lot of dungeons in beta as holy. What can I say. I love being there with the other melee, swinging that hammer. Positioning is going to be a big part of holy play. The only thing that spec lacks is a big aoe oh-shit button (aka wild growth). Light of Dawn somehow heals for less. Maybe it will scale with gear who knows? Anyhow spec looks fun and interesting.