A date with another dude?

I just recently moved to a new city and I literally know no one here. At 1st I started getting really depressed because I realized how hard it is to actually make friends. I grew up in a small Louisiana community where I just somehow knew everyone there so I never really had to ever introduce myself to anyone. In college I joined a fraternity and networking seemed simple so I didn't bother reaching out to anyone outside that social circle. Over the past few weeks with the release of Pokemon GO!, I started leaving my apartment and walking to the parks nearby. Everything was awesome! I was meeting new people, chatting about the different Pokemon in the area, learning about different things to do in the city, neat places to go, ect.

This weekend (Saturday) I went to a park by myself (as usual), and this guy came up to me and we started talking. He was real cool. He's on his last semester of college, works at the Zoo, grew up in this city, blah blah blah. We hung out for maybe 3 hours. We exchanged numbers and I told him if he ever wanted to go get a beer or shoot some pool to just shoot me a text. Cool, successful attempt in making a solid friend.

Well, last night (Monday), he sent me a text to see if I wanted to meet him at Buffalo Wild Wings and get a few beers, watch the Olympics, and maybe dinner. Okay, seems chill enough. I went, we sat at the bar, had good conversations, made good jokes, everything was fine. We were there from 7:30 to about 9:30. I was really enjoying myself for the 1st time in the 8 months that I had moved here. When we go to leave, the bartender brought our checks (separate) and when I went to pay mind he intercepted and said "I got this." Okay, I said I can get it but he said he asked me so he'll pay. Fine, I didn't want to be rude.

Now, here's the kicker. We walked to the parking lot, I was late showing up so I didn't know what he drove and we ended up having parked right next to each other. We got to our cars and continued chatting for about another 45min. Now it's almost 10:30, I've got to get out of here because I'm not a morning person and have work the next day. I tell him it was great hanging out and that I need to leave. I extended my hand for a handshake to say good bye, he kinda looks at me like I did something wrong. He shakes my hand and says "bye."

Not long after I get home, he text me and says he had a really great time and was sorry if he said or did anything to offend me and that he hopes we can still hang out? What? Offend me? I thought we had a great time, where is this coming from? The goodbye was the only part of the night that seemed odd. Was he expecting more? Did I just go on a date and not realize it? We went to Buffalo Wild Wings FFS..

Later in the text conversation he told me he was gay and thought I was handsome and was really open about wanting to be in a relationship.

I can't say I haven't thought about going on a date with another guy, it's just something I've not considered to become a reality. I'm mostly attracted to women but I'm not so hetero that I'm blind to genuinely good looking men.

As for this guy, he's educated, funny, career oriented. He seems like an overall good guy - but I'm not sure if I could feel the same way towards him and he might feel about me.

Should I be upfront about it and let him know it's something I might not be into or go with it and possibly get us both hurt?
    Last edited by Suums; 2016-08-09 at 04:57 PM.

Just be up front with him. Tell him you had a good time and hope you two can be friends but you just aren't gay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well you seem to be bi yourself. Nothing wrong with it if you like him. Try it, who knows, maybe you'll have a good time in bed too