We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss
Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Legion Quick Start Guide - Need more tips and tricks

    Hello all.

    I created a guide to help some of my guildies get up and running in the weeks leading up to Legion and upon launch. There are only a few of us playing the beta and I thought it would be a good resource and save me some time explaining the same things over and over. I compiled the information mostly from recent beta experiences and discussion with players in my beta guild. Some was pulled from blue posts and off the net. Overall what i am looking for is some of those "Thing I Wish I knew" type of tips. My guild has a lot of casual players alongside the more hardcore type and I think this will help them with the shock of the changes in Legion. This is a work in progress and I will be updating it over the next few weeks.

    Thank you for your data validation, feedback, and any other tips you would want to share!

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

    Spanish Version -

    http://diasdelucecitas.com/2016/08/1...-empezar-bien/
    Last edited by jearle; 2016-08-22 at 01:37 PM.

  2. #2
    Thanks for the guide m8 Your guildmates are lucky to have you!
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

  3. #3
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    6,350
    Very helpful, thanks.

  4. #4
    Wow that's what I needed. Thanks a lot!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by shuya90 View Post
    Wow that's what I needed. Thanks a lot!
    Nice one, should be a sticky.

  6. #6
    great guide, but wasnt there supposed to be just one keystone for mythic+ that sends you to a random dungeon after each upgrade?

  7. #7
    Thanks for the feedback folks!

    Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    great guide, but wasnt there supposed to be just one keystone for mythic+ that sends you to a random dungeon after each upgrade?
    I edited a section on how it works and added a section to this under the weekly loot chest. According to this blue post:

    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...ungeons/#post3

    you should get a keystone out of this chest that is ~70% of the level of your highest level attained in the previous week, whether this is the same dungeon or random i do not know. Would be great to confim.I don't think i will get around to Mythic + in the betas before it is shut down.
    Last edited by jearle; 2016-08-09 at 06:15 PM.

  8. #8
    High Overlord Willus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Hello all.

    I created a guide to help some of my guildies get up and running in the weeks leading up to Legion and upon launch. There are only a few of us playing the beta and I thought it would be a good resource and save me some time explaining the same things over and over. I compiled the information mostly from recent beta experiences and discussion with players in my beta guild. Some was pulled from blue posts and off the net. Overall what i am looking for is some of those "Thing I Wish I knew" type of tips. My guild has a lot of casual players alongside the more hardcore type and I think this will help them with the shock of the changes in Legion. This is a work in progress and I will be updating it over the next few weeks.

    Thank you for your data validation, feedback, and any other tips you would want to share!

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Great guide, I learned a lot from that
    One thing with mythic affixes, I think Decay got replaced with an overhealing heal-absorb?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Thanks for the feedback folks!



    I added a section to this under the weekly loot chest. According to this blue post:

    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...ungeons/#post3

    you should get a keystone out of this chest that is ~70% of the level of your highest level attained in the previous week, whether this is the same dungeon or random i do not know. Would be great to confim.I don't think i will get around to Mythic + in the betas before it is shut down.
    He isn't talking about that keystone. He is saying, that after you've completed mythic + dungeon(lets say +5) you will get +6 keystone for ANOTHER random dungeon, not the one you've completed. As far as i'm aware that is correct.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Willus View Post
    One thing with mythic affixes, I think Decay got replaced with an overhealing heal-absorb?
    I can't find any confirmation on this from a blue post or the beta thread, if someone can link that i will update it accordingly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by iDielord View Post
    He isn't talking about that keystone. He is saying, that after you've completed mythic + dungeon(lets say +5) you will get +6 keystone for ANOTHER random dungeon, not the one you've completed. As far as i'm aware that is correct.
    This was updated and my original post edited. Thanks for the feedback.

  11. #11
    Great guide, thank you!

  12. #12
    Warchief Neglesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,039
    Really nice guide! Some of my more casual friends who haven't really kept up with the news and information will find this really helpful.

    Sticky this plzzzzz.
    Main
    -------
    Druid

  13. #13
    Thanks for the feedback, I am adding minor things as i go along here and work further through 110 in beta as well as hear back from players with their tips.

  14. #14
    Thanks for the guide, overall I like it quite a bit but I have a question on the crafting section:

    "If you want to do them as you go Azsuna is the zone where the first quest goes for most professions (I believe Leatherwork may be Highmountain)"

    Have any examples? I have not seen this in beta at all and was wondering which professions have quests that go to Azsuna?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorlab View Post
    Thanks for the guide, overall I like it quite a bit but I have a question on the crafting section:

    "If you want to do them as you go Azsuna is the zone where the first quest goes for most professions (I believe Leatherwork may be Highmountain)"

    Have any examples? I have not seen this in beta at all and was wondering which professions have quests that go to Azsuna?
    This was second hand information I gathered from folks over at Reddit. However, I just verified that Alchemy, Inscription, Blacksmithing, and Tailoring all send you to Azsuna at level 100 after the initial quest that requires legion mats. I will verify the others when i have time over the next week or so. Thanks for the feedback.

  16. #16
    Just a clarifying question about your guide:

    "This should give you friendly reputation with all the associated reps and open world quests" (When doing Suramar)

    So just to clarify, doing Suramar quests awards you with rep to all of the other zones? Meaning if I didn't level in one of the zones, and therefore didn't get enough rep to hit friendly, doing the Suramar quests will award me rep for that faction?

  17. #17
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by Haram View Post
    Just a clarifying question about your guide:

    "This should give you friendly reputation with all the associated reps and open world quests" (When doing Suramar)

    So just to clarify, doing Suramar quests awards you with rep to all of the other zones? Meaning if I didn't level in one of the zones, and therefore didn't get enough rep to hit friendly, doing the Suramar quests will award me rep for that faction?
    No, you only get rep with "The nightfallen" in Suromar

  18. #18
    Why does it say you shouldn't do artifact quests for specs you're not planning on using because they may cause issues with world quest rewards? Does that mean that getting an off-spec artifact will replace some world quest relic rewards with off-spec relics? So something like this if I understood it right?

    1. I unlock Unholy artifact. World quests reward Fire, Shadow, and Blood relics.
    2. I unlock Unholy and Frost artifacts. World quests reward Fire, Shadow, Blood and Frost relics.

    Is this how it works? Do the world quests that would reward Frost relics replace ones that would reward Unholy relics?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Haram View Post
    Just a clarifying question about your guide:

    "This should give you friendly reputation with all the associated reps and open world quests" (When doing Suramar)

    So just to clarify, doing Suramar quests awards you with rep to all of the other zones? Meaning if I didn't level in one of the zones, and therefore didn't get enough rep to hit friendly, doing the Suramar quests will award me rep for that faction?
    Doing the main quest ines in each of the 4 Broken Isle zones will give you Friendly Reputation with each zones faction. The idea is you want to hit all 4 zones before hitting 110 as it is beneficial. If you grind out the first 3 zones completely you could very well hit 110 without ever visiting the 4th zone and you will need to get to Friendly to advance your character to World Quests.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    Why does it say you shouldn't do artifact quests for specs you're not planning on using because they may cause issues with world quest rewards? Does that mean that getting an off-spec artifact will replace some world quest relic rewards with off-spec relics? So something like this if I understood it right?

    1. I unlock Unholy artifact. World quests reward Fire, Shadow, and Blood relics.
    2. I unlock Unholy and Frost artifacts. World quests reward Fire, Shadow, Blood and Frost relics.

    Is this how it works? Do the world quests that would reward Frost relics replace ones that would reward Unholy relics?
    That is correct. Regular quests will change rewards when you switch specs however World Quests Rewards are simply locked in place.

    For example on my shaman I am playing Enhance. For the sake of testing I opened Elemental and Resto artifacts. When I opened world quests there would be quests that rewarded Relics only for my Resto artifact. Which really sucked because i needed a good relic for my enhance spec. This also happened with Trinkets as the first 2 trinkets that became available via world quests were + Intellect Trinkets. For a DK this would be less of a problem trinket wise but will still exist for relics. [This was mentioned to be incorrect later in the thread by vorchune, the quests look at your class as a whole and are not tied to artifacts unlocked]
    Last edited by jearle; 2016-08-14 at 03:48 AM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    This was second hand information I gathered from folks over at Reddit. However, I just verified that Alchemy, Inscription, Blacksmithing, and Tailoring all send you to Azsuna at level 100 after the initial quest that requires legion mats. I will verify the others when i have time over the next week or so. Thanks for the feedback.
    Hmm I don't recall being sent to Azsuna in beta with my scribe. I will have to check again thanks for the profession list.

    NM: I found it, there is a level 102 required quest for inscription "Our new allies" that sends you to azsuna. So given the 102 requirement I would actually say you should do it second not first, at least for scribes.
    Last edited by Gorlab; 2016-08-12 at 05:45 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •