Guy grinds game for 9 years to open one hidden door

Now i used to think that i have the perseverance when it comes to games and grinding. But i guess that amouns to nmothing when a guy grinds a game (Tibia) for 9 freaking years to open one door LOL

source: http://mmo-play.com/rpg-games/tibia/news/tibia-door

10+ Year Old Account
    Tibia is quite a unique beast, heck even 9 years isnt much considering tibia's timeline.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

I love that he's not telling anyone what's behind it. And fuck the assholes trying to stop him.

Deleted
    Im more amazed by the fact nobody managed to datamine it.

We live in a time when almost every inch of the planet has been explored and documented
    No. We have not explored every inch of the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Honestly its a much better mmorpg in my opinion if data miners dont make all its secrets common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Tibias map is all on the server side and only downloaded to your computer once you discover it ingame or download someone else map file.

Normally I'd be annoyed with someone withholding knowledge of what they found in this manner, but if the community in the game is such that people were deliberately getting in his way, to the point of trying to get his healers killed or farm mobs so he didn't have sources of xp... no, I have no problem with it.

Congrats to him, and sucks to be any of the people that harassed him who don't get to know what's behind the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    No. We have not explored every inch of the planet.
    This is your take away from the article? Is was an exaggeration for dramatic and journalistic effect. That quote was a literary device...not a statement of fact.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    This is your take away from the article? Is was an exaggeration for dramatic and journalistic effect. That quote was a literary device...not a statement of fact.
    The problem is, the statement is so woefully inaccurate that the only effect it had is making the journalist look like an idiot and completely undermined his intelligence, making whatever effect he was trying to cause totally irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Normally I'd be annoyed with someone withholding knowledge of what they found in this manner, but if the community in the game is such that people were deliberately getting in his way, to the point of trying to get his healers killed or farm mobs so he didn't have sources of xp... no, I have no problem with it.

Congrats to him, and sucks to be any of the people that harassed him who don't get to know what's behind the door.
    If you never played tibia then you dont know much about how the community works on pvp to begin with
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The problem is, the statement is so woefully inaccurate that the only effect it had is making the journalist look like an idiot and completely undermined his intelligence, making whatever effect he was trying to cause totally irrelevant.
    The statement is accurate enough in the context of the article. If this was something said in NatGeo, News Week, or something like that I would be on board...but it wasn't. It was on a niche website, serving a niche genre of video games. Don't get hung up on trivial matters and take the article for what it is...a piece about a man opening a locked door in a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    The statement is accurate enough in the context of the article. If this was something said in NatGeo, News Week, or something like that I would be on board...but it wasn't. It was on a niche website, serving a niche genre of video games. Don't get hung up on trivial matters and take the article for what it is...a piece about a man opening a locked door in a video game.
    The niche-ness of the audience/ website this was posted on has no impact as to the accuracy or validity of the statement. Inaccurate is inaccurate, regardless of the intent for it's use. Accuracy of a fact you're trying to use in whatever form you're attempting to use them in is not "trivial." Fact checking is good journalism and any journalist in any genre posting to any venue regardless of how niche should check their facts. The fact he opened up with a totally inaccurate statement questions or undermines the accuracy and validity of everything else he has to say in the article

Details matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The niche-ness of the audience/ website this was posted on has no impact as to the accuracy or validity of the statement. Inaccurate is inaccurate, regardless of the intent for it's use. Accuracy of a fact you're trying to use in whatever form you're attempting to use them in is not "trivial." Fact checking is good journalism and any journalist in any genre posting to any venue regardless of how niche should check their facts. The fact he opened up with a totally inaccurate statement questions or undermines the accuracy and validity of everything else he has to say in the article

Details matter.
    Exactly. For example the Ocean is like 70% of the world's surface. Have we documented even 10% of the ocean's floors? No. therefore this statement is 100% false.

This topic got so laughably off-topic for the dumbest reason I've ever seen it should be preserved for posterity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post

I kinda disagree with this. What fun would it be if they didn't? It is an mmo, and people have their fun in different ways. It just makes what he did even greater. I bet he had a bunch of players also help him, sometimes because some people were trying to stop him from doing it. I think it would have been fun no matter what side you were on.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Played Tibia for a long time.

Used to be an incredible unique game. Now it's just rubbish. Developers basically killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    This topic got so laughably off-topic for the dumbest reason I've ever seen it should be preserved for posterity.
    Lol your welcome!