Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    There isn't a new bg or pvp zone but there is a horde vs alliance storyline, it's one of the two major story lines in Stormheim along with the zone's pillar of creation story.
    more than alliance vs horde is genn vs silvanas
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    more than alliance vs horde is genn vs silvanas
    How often do we get outright horde vs alliance? BGs are usualy just one faction vs another. Tol Barad was two factions within the alliance/horde vs another. Ashran was the only one where it seemed like the whole of the alliance or horde military might be behind it. Sure it's not a large scale as say the the H/A war during MoP but it's still alliance fighting horde in an actual storyline rather than just a handwave setup with no real conclusion that we get in pvp areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    Spoilers etc

I know there's already a thread with the prepatch cinematics and stuff but that's sort of all over the place with hundreds of different topics being addressed.

I wanted to ask isn't it just stupid that "For Azeroth" means nothing now over a stupid misunderstanding? The Alliance perspective obviously doesn't show the Horde warchief being stabbed in the stomach and therefore needing to retreat. It's understandable the Horde would have to retreat.

But the Alliance don't know that at this stage. They think they're just being cowards and running away which is not true. Do the Alliance not think to maybe ask Sylvanas wtf that was all about before going at each others throats again in Legion?

I understand Alliance vs Horde is a mandatory part of gameplay and they have to shoehorn the conflict in somewhere but this is just badly done in my opinion. I don't know, maybe it's just me who thinks this could've gone a lot better with betrayals and real drama instead of a literal camera angle misunderstanding.
    idk. i just don't get it. even when you watch the alliance video you hear the horde sound the retreat horn and then varian calls for the ship. They knew the horde was retreating. horde retreated for valid reasons too. if only the legion ships were blasting the alliance. woulda been sweet to see 2 ally ships come flying in only for 1 to get blown out of the sky.

but yeah, this has got to be the weakest excuse to keep things going between the alliance and horde. especially with 2 pathetic psychopaths straining at the leash being the ones pushing for further conflict. jaina did nothing at broken shores besides summon 2 ice bridges...coulda ported people out when shit got hairy. and genn coulda done something besides scratch up the 1 demon he killed. hell, he shoulda jumped off the ship at the reaver. varian had a nice grip on the rope, didn't need genn's hand.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Form3r View Post
    Sylvanas felt out of character though
    That's my biggest issue with all of this. Sylvanas is the last character to need a redemption arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    you know what is funny, the fact that legion don't have a contested zone like ashran or tol barad, no new bgs so no new pvp storyline; the alliance and horde are pretty much out of the picture in the initial phase of the story as the major work is done by the various class halls that are cross faction so in the end they created a misunderstanding for nothing.
    There several PvPs places on the Broken Islands, like the Forsaken and the Worgen fighting for the Watcher towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy View Post
    That's my biggest issue with all of this. Sylvanas is the last character to need a redemption arc.
    If you don't use them on character with deeply flawed, conflicted, and morally compromised histories, when pray tell do you use them? Should they do Anduin, the redemption?

Quote Originally Posted by Chipskunk View Post
    idk. i just don't get it. even when you watch the alliance video you hear the horde sound the retreat horn and then varian calls for the ship. They knew the horde was retreating. horde retreated for valid reasons too. if only the legion ships were blasting the alliance. woulda been sweet to see 2 ally ships come flying in only for 1 to get blown out of the sky.

but yeah, this has got to be the weakest excuse to keep things going between the alliance and horde. especially with 2 pathetic psychopaths straining at the leash being the ones pushing for further conflict. jaina did nothing at broken shores besides summon 2 ice bridges...coulda ported people out when shit got hairy. and genn coulda done something besides scratch up the 1 demon he killed. hell, he shoulda jumped off the ship at the reaver. varian had a nice grip on the rope, didn't need genn's hand.
    Varian had a magic elf sword, Genn just has claws. I'm not so sure Genn's claws could have done what Varian did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    Just because your leader is wounded or killed in battle, is not reason to flee the battle entirely and leave your allies with no support, support which they rely on.
    The alliance and the horde scenario play out vastly diffrent in this part.

Alliance: guldan stand there, summons two weak waves that you crush easily, then he summons a third wave with only named npcs that move to fight you and before it comes to a clash with them the cinematic plays.

Horde: you get overrun right from the start, more mobs stampede over you than you ever saw in one place, all faction leaders fall into a critical condition state, you (the player) will die multiple times (getting rezzed back up by what i hope is a friendly nod to the ooc rezzers of the old days) if you participate and not just afk leech it but in the end there is no way to beat this, you get completely overrun and then the cinematic plays.

So, no we didnt pull back because our warchief was stabbed, we retreated because we were on the verge of getting completely wiped out and if sylvannas hadnt brought in the "eagles" the complete chain of command of the horde would have died there within seconds.

I didnt understood at first why alliance player and jaina where so salty about the cinematic claiming we left them to die...until i played the walk in the park that the alliance gets on the broken shore scenario, after i played the horde scenario i felt devastated, it felt completely hopeless just trying to fight the legion anymore while the alliance scenario lets you of the hook thinking you only had to retreat because the horde didnt got your back.