Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    If you seriously think they nerf abilities because of one single streamer... Alot of people have tested it out in beta, not just Reckful and Mitch. Alot of people reported the ability as a problem and they found out about it.

Deleted
    As someone mostly interested in PvE, how does this nerf affect it?

I was looking into (frost) mage for PvE as I like the reactionary buff playstyle and long setups of devestating single target strikes. Has this change destroyed this?

From what I've gathered, frost mages were already not doing so hot (haha) at lvl 110, and are completely underperforming currently at 100. Has this change reduced their sustained dps even more?

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrCool View Post
    As someone mostly interested in PvE, how does this nerf affect it?
    not at all, since the nerf was targeted towards a pvp talent - frost pve remains just as garbage as it was before the change

Deleted
    Edit reformulated my opinion

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/5...glacial-spike/
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Well... it is one thing for someone to complain on the forums that they got rekt by a frost mage. A lot of hyperboles out there. Another thing for 15k people to watch it live and have video evidence for Blizzard to see. But yeh its pretty stupid how Reckful could find the bug out before Blizz considering he hasn't played wow in years and just started a few days ago basically. (not counting those few arena runs he did like a month and a half ago.
    To be fair they didn't fix the bug if you call it that. They just nerfed the ability.
    Gameplay wise it can make sense because Glacial spike creates it's own freeze so it doesn't need to be affected by freeze.

What i'm afraid of with blizzard saying they want it do deal 700-900k which is just a bit more than half the 2million they mention (which is what the nerf did) is that it wil be a viable or must do strategy for frostmages? Because that is what is needed to reach that desired damage.
    the frostmage strategy. I'm not sure that is good or healthy to have, it's hard to execute but it only takes 1 minute, and the only counter would be to train the mage, so it needed to be nerfed.
    It depends if it's too cumbersome to execute for normal players.

For the rest I don't know, I will be interested in what the pro pvp mages have to say about this.
    Ironicly they changed the mastery to remove some burst, now the burstiest ability revolves around the new mastery
    Last edited by mmoc0e23e5b73e; 2016-08-12 at 12:11 AM.

There has been videos on youtube showing this for a few months, that they weren't aware of it until Rek streamed it isn't very good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Lundin View Post
    If you seriously think they nerf abilities because of one single streamer... Alot of people have tested it out in beta, not just Reckful and Mitch. Alot of people reported the ability as a problem and they found out about it.
    This glacial one shot wasn't a new thing. As you said, lots of people tested it, uploaded videos on youtube so it was a thing like a month? holinka the senior designer tweeted Rekful after the nerf, and the nerf happened while he was streaming. It's pretty obvious that they were watching him.

So there is two options, they didnt know this or they knew about it, but they didn't want to nerf it until a popular streamer like rekful started to using it and they had to nerf. Both ways, this isnt't good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Basically, they're sitting in their room designing PvP around what they think and imagine things will work, but they're really lacking in-depth and professional knowledge. They really should just hire a handfull of top-tier professional PvPers to help with their PvP design, it's not like they can't afford it.
    Wasn't holinka a pro ret paladin pvper?

The pro-top players are good source for feedback and insight, but they can also be a danger. Pro-players arn't gamedesigner and will more likely tunnelvision at high pvp thinking more about interesting than fun for most players and disregard the lower skill gamers. They will more likely welcome additional difficulty eventhough lowerskill can't handle more and it could result in some classes becoming much more difficult than ohters.

Admittingly that's where the Developers are for, and they do listen more to pro's but it can also cause developers to loose their sight........which it the developers mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Doubt it. It was a known issue before reckful did that. It was low priority issue also, because it doesn't really affect much. It's not like non-working NPC or crash-related bug. It's a tuning issue. It's on slightly higher category of "slam deals too low damage"
    It was good they fixed it quickly. Such type of dmg from one ability (with possibly some history to whine about mages in pvp) would have only dominated the pvp forum detracting from any other conversation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pies1 View Post
    The fact they're so incompetent that they need streamers to show them how their shit is broken?
    You obviously dont understand what beta is for. It doesnt matter how good of a dev team you have, there will ALWAYS be bugs/exploits in such a complex game. And tens or maybe even hundreds of thousands of players will also ALWAYS be better at finding these kinds of bugs/exploits. this is the sole reason why they even let people play the beta. This has nothing to do with them being "incompetent", this is simply the nature of software development.

Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    For the rest I don't know, I will be interested in what the pro pvp mages have to say about this
    there isn't really anything to say about it, the spec is too pruned to function in high level pvp, all it had going for it was the stupid one-shots

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kuehlschrank View Post
    You obviously dont understand what beta is for. It doesnt matter how good of a dev team you have, there will ALWAYS be bugs/exploits in such a complex game. And tens or maybe even hundreds of thousands of players will also ALWAYS be better at finding these kinds of bugs/exploits. this is the sole reason why they even let people play the beta. This has nothing to do with them being "incompetent", this is simply the nature of software development.
    idd, betas are all about finding bugs and tuning classes and as this^ guy said, having 100s of thousand ppl look for bugs is a hell of lot better than 1-200 devs looking for bugs and exploits bcoz if it was only the devs, then a lot of bugs would make it to the game.it seems that some ppl believe that the devs are these all-knowing and omni-present ppl but they are 100% human like you and me and if there wasnt a need for stuff like finding bugs then no1 would play the beta.

Either the OP is just whining for the sake of whining or he's a clueless asocial who never interacted with the outside world? It's a pretty obvious thing that popular people will be able to focus the attention of a lot of people more quickly. I mean why do you think it's always a big deal when a celebrity endorse or donate to a certain charity. Besides the money, being endorsed by a celebrity also brings you a lot of publicity and coverage. I'm not even sure what you actually complain about. Are you whining because an exploited got caught before the game going live? Are you whining because a somewhat popular stream getting more attention than you? Are you whining because you've submitted the report about the bug before but it did not getting fixed until now?

Or it could have been you know, on their list of things to do but not very urgent because it's not live yet? Then the fact that a bunch of people got exposure to it via streamers caused it to get escalated and fixed sooner then they had planned? But it couldn't possibly be that simple right?