Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    I thought DKs and DH's are considered the AoE kings for trash? I know that DKs, outside of Marrowrend, every ability they have cleaves. Is it the same for druids? Not trying to argue, just understand all the tanks better.
    DH > DK > Paladin > Druid, from my experience. DH's can compete with all but the very strongest aoe dps and sustain 500k+ on larger packs / double pulls.

There's a slight issue in that warriors can pull easily 5x as much and just let the dps do the work, though. If you're running havoc / outlaw / fire you're better off with a survival tank and letting them do over 2m aoe with bigger pulls. Guardian fulfils both roles, here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    DH > DK > Paladin > Druid, from my experience. DH's can compete with all but the very strongest aoe dps and sustain 500k+ on larger packs / double pulls.

There's a slight issue in that warriors can pull easily 5x as much and just let the dps do the work, though. If you're running havoc / outlaw / fire you're better off with a survival tank and letting them do over 2m aoe with bigger pulls. Guardian fulfils both roles, here.
    Oh, gotcha thanks.

I was just over at the Warrior forums reading about their opinions on IP vs other tanks mechanics. Once Mythic+ comes out next week I personally expect to see more realistic pulls until everyone out gears everything again. This is based on assumptions and reading other opinions on the new affixes like necrotic (warriors said it affects IP too) and skittish (lack of aggro control). So I don't think mass pulling will be a thing... at least not day one.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Skittish will rely on stuns to counter if you want big pulls - namely speaking DH / monk / hunter are all strong aoe with aoe stuns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    I thought DKs and DH's are considered the AoE kings for trash? I know that DKs, outside of Marrowrend, every ability they have cleaves. Is it the same for druids? Not trying to argue, just understand all the tanks better.
    Druid is basically spam swipe and thrash on big pulls. Specced into galactic guardian (I think) and it's a pretty AoE lightshow as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Druid is basically spam swipe and thrash on big pulls. Specced into galactic guardian (I think) and it's a pretty AoE lightshow as well.
    Pretty much this.

And the Artifact Ability relfects damage, so the more people who hit you, the more damage you do. And it is lovely to have your self heal heal you 60% of your HP over 3 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Pretty much this.

And the Artifact Ability relfects damage, so the more people who hit you, the more damage you do. And it is lovely to have your self heal heal you 60% of your HP over 3 seconds.
    Don't go bragging about your self-heals; Blizz might be listening (says the pally who got self-heals nerfed :P )

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Don't go bragging about your self-heals; Blizz might be listening (says the pally who got self-heals nerfed :P )
    Well, druids actually need to take a beating to get a proper heal off, as it heals 50% of the damage taken the last 5 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Not sure about m+, but having done a large amount of mytics now, from my pov as healer I'd place warriors and DK's at the top, by a fair margin. Neither really need any major healing nor do they cause heart attacks.

Paladins and Dh's bounce a LOT. Even with strong self healing they cause a lot of heart attacks and more than once I've had to sacrifice a dps just because I was scared the tank would die if I didn't emergency heal him. They have a tendency to go down to like 30-40% hp in the blink of an eye. Even if they might have a huge heal ready to shoot off I just can't trust that they do.

Was very impressed by the one monk I had, but hard to judge from only one.

Haven't healed a single guardian.
    Last edited by szandos; 2016-09-20 at 12:55 PM.

So now that Raids are live, which Tanks seems best so far ?

I four Tanks, a Level 100 DK, a 102 Warrior, a Paladin 103, and Demon Hunter 106. Not sure which one to concentrate as my new main for Legion ?

I only have time to play for an hour every night, sometimes two hours. So I can't play 4 different Tanks, I can only concentrate on 1 main, and a secondary. I do really like the feel and mobility of the Demon Hunter, they seem really cool. And my Paladin has been my main since day one in BC. The DK I am not liking in Legion, and don't care for him right now. And the Warrior is brand new to me, I boosted to 100 to try War Tanking, I like it, but it feels so different than my Paladin ( which has a solid and comfortable feeling rotation ) whereas the Warrior rotation is super flaky and makes me nervous.

Opinion ?

My mains a Prot warr. 840 ilvl with 19 points in the shield. At some point i plan to work on all the other tanks as well.
    I find myself enjoying the prot warrior a lot but im a bit frustrated at their rage gen at the moment. At some point im going
    to work on the other tanks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    My mains a Prot warr. 840 ilvl with 19 points in the shield. At some point i plan to work on all the other tanks as well.
    I find myself enjoying the prot warrior a lot but im a bit frustrated at their rage gen at the moment. At some point im going
    to work on the other tanks as well.
    Rage gen should go a fair bit up once you are able to get the 4pc t19.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I only have time to play for an hour every night, sometimes two hours.
    To be honest (and this is honest advice, not elitist attitude), if you don't play more than that, then it doesn't really matter. The tanks are close enough in performance that it's only for cutting edge that the difference makes any difference. More importantly if you don't play more than that, is to play something you enjoy. So play whichever gives you the biggest smile when you pull a whole pack of elites!

I chose to run a DK tank in Legion, and so far Ive been very happy with it, felt strong doing everything, but now with Mythics at 4+ I am starting to recognize the issue with lack of active mitigation. The only real option is to swap Foul Bulwark for Rune tap (which work well to mitigate expected single bursts of damage), but apart from that, Im killing my healers mana when I do big pulls like Maw of Souls before the first boss, or some of the thicket packs.

The combination of not starting with 5+ stacks of Boneshield makes my HP spiky, and my healer (Druid) burns his mana very quickly. I miss IBF or some "shield wall" ability to give him a breather. It isn't a real problem yet, but I suspect at some point the damage you take > The damage you heal+mitigate, and I expect DKs just get smoked at that point. Bosses are not the problem. Big packs are bad.