Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by globezorz View Post
    DKs are in great shape with damage and survivability, for my preference the lack of mobility and a strong DR cool down turns me off from them, as well as Gorefiends Grasp's new cooldown.
    DR cooldown is definitely missed. They technically have a perma 20% in BS, but the lack of IBF is definitely noticeable. However, I think the new VB makes up for it, especially with the Red Thirst talent which effectively reduces its CD to under a minute and the artifacts that increases its healing and hp buff to 50% and the one that puts a shield on you when it expires.

If anything, I can see VB getting a small nerf since it looks to be a bit too good now. 50% more inc heal 50% more HP, 10s duration on ~45-55sCD, adds 5X DoT shield when it expires that can absorb magic damage.

I think it's THE best tank CD in the game with all of those buffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by avoidconfusion View Post
    Are Warriors difficult to learn in comparison to DK, DH and Paladin? Never tried one...
    I'd say they do have a higher learning curve since they have more active mitigation, but a week or so practicing in dungeons or leveling up to 110 as one should be more than enough to get you accustomed. Took me like 2 or 3 days.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Preach, OneLegion, FinalBoss (although he stays away from rankings)
    I don't know OneLegion but FinalBoss and Preach aren't exactly reputable sources ...

I've played every tank class in beta except for Monk. Fun and enjoy ability wise Veng DH is tops for me.

For mythic+ 5 man content Veng DH/Blood were the 2 I liked the most. Taking some pressure off the healer for a bit (this is below +10) helps. The issue w/ Blood DK is no ability to kite but if you have a comp for mythic+ setup right to call out for stuns ect they should be ok. If not your marrowrends will not keep enough boneshields up at higher lvl as they will get chewed right through. Veng will also get crushed but the added utility of properly timed and utilized Sigel's along w/ Excellent mobility to kite will be better in many cases.

For Raiding I would put it at Guardian (although just boring for me to play)/ Prot Warrior<=Prot Pally/any of the rest.

All of the tanks have strengths/weaknesses. Other tuning changes will occur after launch. It's been said many times already "Play the class you enjoy the most". For me it will be Veng DH. Might not be the best but idc because no class is ever always the best except mage lul.

You could have the FOTM and just be a bad player and still do poorly. Pick a class and stick to it. Onelegion/finalboss/preach are not valid resources for whats best. Onelegion is partial to Blood simply b/c its what he mained for Challenge modes. At lower lvl's yes they feel god like later on not so much all the time.

If your doing any serious content your choice would already be made up for you based on the raids needs dictated by the GM of the guild. For the rest just play what you like all of the tanks are viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgarol View Post
    I just found a video of a vengeance DH tanking mythic level 12. i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post links here.
    You can search "Maw of Souls Level 12 M+ Vengeance DH PoV" on youtube. It's a pretty decent run.
    I was kind of worried about the viability of DHs for 10+ looking at all these rankings, but man, that guy is clearing 12+ without even using his active mitigation.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    I was kind of worried about the viability of DHs for 10+ looking at all these rankings, but man, that guy is clearing 12+ without even using his active mitigation.
    I noticed that also. The few times he did use it was when he was already low, almost like you would use death strike - probably means he was a dk/bear rather than prot.

Yeah it's all about knowing the limits of your group and what your healer can handle, he was taking more damage knowing his healer would be able to heal it to do some DPS.
    DH also got a buff today.

I'm pretty sure Slootbag has cleared +12 on every tank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Wouldn't you rahter listen to a main tank of the world #1 guild than a run of the mill streamer?
    Everytime someone says preach i just go Kek, as for op all tanks are very balanced on beta right now i can run 12+ on my warriors and i havent done higher yet and i bet all other tanks can do the same (maybe monks will have a bit of trouble) but pick whatever you want and feels the best for you dont go play stuff that do not comfort your playing style.

Also its good to note that Preach for the most part ranked the tanks by how "fun" they are to play rather then how strong they actualy are.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2016-08-16 at 11:34 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by threeks View Post
    I don't know OneLegion but FinalBoss and Preach aren't exactly reputable sources ...
    Why? FinalBoss puts in a crazy amount of research and time into each video he puts up, and Preach is a known high end mythic raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Why? FinalBoss puts in a crazy amount of research and time into each video he puts up, and Preach is a known high end mythic raider.
    FinalBoss has put out a lot of misinformation, his 'research' is usually just him fucking around with a class and has nothing to do with actual research/simming/etc. And being a mythic raider doesn't make you a valuable source of information. Even he says that his opinions are largely based on 'feeling' and not actual numbers.

Deleted
    Preach, OneLegion, FinalBoss (although he stays away from rankings)
    Also Preach usually doesn't rate the classes based on their strength or weaknesses. He rates them about how much fun he has playing them, and why he likes or dislikes that type of gameplay. That is entirely subjective.

FinalBoss has put out a lot of misinformation, his 'research' is usually just him fucking around with a class and has nothing to do with actual research/simming/etc. And being a mythic raider doesn't make you a valuable source of information. Even he says that his opinions are largely based on 'feeling' and not actual numbers.
    Because actual numbers aren't going to be final until the raid is out and even then they can still change, even Preach says that.

Quote Originally Posted by -Cynical- View Post
    Because actual numbers aren't going to be final until the raid is out and even then they can still change, even Preach says that.
    It doesn't matter that it can change (which applies always, so by that logic you could never say anything about anything, but I digress); what matters is how it is right now, because that's all we've got to work with. Also, knowing what's currently strong will leave you informed enough to understand what it means when classes receive buffs/nerfs. Meanwhile, not knowing these things provides you with no advantages whatsoever. I'd say it was kind of shocking to see someone advocating for self-defeating ignorance, but then I have seen stranger things...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard made a post that they are tuning different tanks to excel at certain boss mechanics where others don't

I love tanking, and currently have DK, Paladin, Bear, and DH available. My Warrior is still 85 from Cata but could be ready in short order. I'm sure I'll continue to tank on all of them. DK has been my main, but I probably enjoy my Paladin the most at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

lol ~ You can agree or disagree with Preach (and the others), but unless you've been tanking for one of the top mythic guilds in the game, who are you to call him dis-reputable?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I decided to focus on the Paladin, I know Preach released another video where he complains about the Pally but as people have already stated this seems to be more of a case of him just not liking the class mechanics rather than an evaluation on whether or not they are good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Preach is a known high end mythic raider.
    I don't think he is, he joined Method for farm in Dragon Soul but didn't progress with them at all, I think he's more of a run of the mill Mythic Raider, anyway I don't know why he has been mentioned in this thread because the discussion is about which tanks will be more effective and Preach only ranks stuff based on how he enjoys them, they are subjective and his personal opinion no matter how he phrases it. I believe at this point that it will most likely be a close call between DK and DH but it will vary based on the dungeons, the tank balance in this expansion is actually very well done, it's just a shame that it will be a relatively alt-unfriendly expansion so it won't be easy to keep multiple tank classes up to scratch gear wise

10+ Year Old Account
    DH due to mobility, self sustain and by far the best kiting while keeping aggro/dps high.

Quote Originally Posted by Letheanlol View Post
    I don't think he is, he joined Method for farm in Dragon Soul but didn't progress with them at all, I think he's more of a run of the mill Mythic Raider, anyway I don't know why he has been mentioned in this thread because the discussion is about which tanks will be more effective and Preach only ranks stuff based on how he enjoys them, they are subjective and his personal opinion no matter how he phrases it. I believe at this point that it will most likely be a close call between DK and DH but it will vary based on the dungeons, the tank balance in this expansion is actually very well done, it's just a shame that it will be a relatively alt-unfriendly expansion so it won't be easy to keep multiple tank classes up to scratch gear wise
    Preach I would consider reputable still, but he focuses primarily on the fun of a class over performance. So when it comes to performance, I'm certainly going to put more stock in players like Sloot every time when it comes to tanking. Sloot has been extremely fair and accurate in his tanking analysis this expansion and previous ones and patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Whether or you not you find these people reputable the only real way to determine what tank you want to play ... is to play some tanks.

I personally have all but monk at 100, and have tanked on them all, and I would rank them Warrior > DH > Paladin > Druid > DK