Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think two more important questions are who will be the new Darkspear and Forsaken Leaders. I don't think it's a stretch to expect Sylvie to eventually move to Orgrimmar. She'll likely choose her successor (Presumably Nathanos) but Vol'Jin's like the only Darkspear that was really known. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Do people really not remember the end of Dallas? Man, I'm old, although even that show is before my time.
    ...You didn't have to quote my whole post just to reply. LOL. Also, 35 is not "old".
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    A coward who turns tail and runs, abandoning allies in the middle of a fight?
    loooooooooooooool .

A strong leader knows when his forces are defeated and needs to step back to fight another day.
    But you keep been butthurt cause Varian died, had he known what exactly is happening with the orc forces i don't see him making that same sacrifice but you keep going.

Deleted
    I wish he made Baine the new warchief, taurens need more spotlight in-game.

Let us not forget, the scourge and by extension the forsaken were created to fight the Legion....yes and I know "to serve its own ends"

So she is a good choice...if not a conventional one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Also, 35 is not "old".
    Yeah, its "Ancient"

7+ Year Old Account
    I think two more important questions are who will be the new Darkspear and Forsaken Leaders. I don't think it's a stretch to expect Sylvie to eventually move to Orgrimmar. She'll likely choose her successor (Presumably Nathanos) but Vol'Jin's like the only Darkspear that was really known. LOL.
    darkspear probably rokhan, and what do you mean with new forsaken leader? sylvanas is still their leader.
    and she wont go to orgrimmar, on the seat sits saurfang the new orc racial leader.

Formerly known as Arafal

I agree with the OP it doesnt make sense to put Sylvanas in charge. She cares about her Undead but never cared too much for the Horde as a whole.

TBH, its just the trend going on today of putting Females/Female characters in the spotlight. Its the PC and 'cool' thing to do now a days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    To be honest I thought the whole statement of "I have never trusted you" was kind of odd too. How long has it been since the Forsaken joined the Horde? And you never trusted your fellow leader during all those years without speaking up?
    If you recall the Battle For The Undercity, Sylvanas and Vol'jin were bickering back and forth for most of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    I agree with the OP it doesnt make sense to put Sylvanas in charge. She cares about her Undead but never cared too much for the Horde as a whole.

TBH, its just the trend going on today of putting Females/Female characters in the spotlight. Its the PC and 'cool' thing to do now a days.
    She 'saving' all members of the Horde she could kinda shows that the bold is not quite the case anymore.

Deleted
    I think two more important questions are who will be the new Darkspear and Forsaken Leaders. I don't think it's a stretch to expect Sylvie to eventually move to Orgrimmar. She'll likely choose her successor (Presumably Nathanos) but Vol'Jin's like the only Darkspear that was really known.
    She will be in Undercity and lead the Horde, they don't need a new leader.
    Last edited by mmoccea68bd2bd; 2016-08-10 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    But you keep been butthurt cause Varian died, had he known what exactly is happening with the orc forces i don't see him making that same sacrifice but you keep going.
    I think even with all the information, Varian would have had to make the same choice. The alliance retreated maybe 20s after the horde did.

Deleted
    All three of them are solid, trustworthy leaders. Yet he chooses Sylvanas.

"I have never trusted you... But the spirits told me to so I'm making you warchief." *dies*

10/10 storytelling Blizzard
    Saurfang is very old, of course he is a badass grandpa, but everyone, including him, knows he is nearing the end of his days. Pretty silly to have *another* Warchief who'd last a couple of months or years, tops.

Baine is young and lacks the strength of his father. If you've actually played through the Broken Shore as Horde, you can see him bend under pressure. He was the first in our line who had to be pulled back.

Lor'Themar is a strong leader, but lore-wise the Blood Elves are by far the smallest faction in the Horde. They are the remnant of the remnant, after Arthas and then Kael'Thas. Let me also remind you that his loyalty has wavered in the past - in 5.1 we learned that he was negotiating with the Alliance to leave the Horde. His alliegance has been strengthened since then, but still.

That leaves Sylvanas as the best choice. She was a distiguished military commander in life, she fought many wars in death, she's at least proven she is ruthless, resilient and able to do anything to ensure her people's survival. Now "her people" are the Horde.

You can argue against this ofc, but this choice, while controversial, is the wisest Vol'Jin could have made. He looked over his distrust and found wisdom, that's what he probably meant by the Loa granting him clarity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eitrigg doesn't have the reputation.
    Saurfang is too old.
    Ji and Baine are too inexperienced.
    Gallywix is too greedy AND has already sold his people into slavery once.
    I don't even know who the hell is in charge of the Trolls now, but they're not likely to be seen as Warchief material.

Leaves Thrall and Lor'themar. But Thrall is trying to build a family and is reluctant to retake that burden. That leaves Lor'themar as the best choice, in my opinion. (To be fair, I don't know much about him, so he could have problems too.)

Sylvanas is borderline Garrosh levels of problematic. I don't trust her (never have,) and I'm going to be watching her, but I'll wait until Legion's story plays out before I condemn or condone her as Warchief.

Having said all that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    I wish he made Baine the new warchief, taurens need more spotlight in-game.
    This. ALL THIS! Taurens want screen time too, ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    She 'saving' all members of the Horde she could kinda shows that the bold is not quite the case anymore.
    She saved her own ass. Saving the others just worked out to her advantage.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2016-08-10 at 03:48 PM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I should be Warchief. I built a garrison! And I like.. commanded it!
    #credentials #Justwarlordthings
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account

"I have never trusted you... But, Anita Sarkeezian the spirits told me to so I'm making you warchief." *dies*

Anything to appease the core demographic of Blizzard, 38yr old lesbian feminists and moms (see Tracer's ass episode).

Apart from that its almost ok compared with The Chosen Space Angel Illidan.

Deleted

"I have never trusted you... But the spirits told me to so I'm making you warchief." *dies*

The bolded message is where you go from someone i would listen to, to a whiner.

Its fine you dont LIKE the way this goes down. But you not LIKING it ! fucking = it being bad storytelling.

Why do people have such an impossible time getting that.

Legion invasion day one recap:
    1. Broken shore assault. Check.
    2. Dark whispers event. Check.
    3. Salty tears of Sylvanas haters on mmo-champion. Check.

I don't want this day to ever end.

Or the most Obvious could had been give it back to Thrall considering he still has good ties with the alliance and Sylv could had still lead the armies.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    What if sylvanas isnt real and she is just creation of our delusional minds ?
    Rule #1 of Brawlers Guild, man

It would have made a lot more sense for Sylvanas to simply take command of the Horde, rather than Vol'jin bestow it on her. But maybe they are trying to soften her character a little bit, since her bio on the Legion page hints that she will have a redemptive arc and die (for realsies) for her people. Although she sure did have a lot more Val'kyr out of nowhere in the battle cinematic.