Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    There's just a lot of garbage demon hunters really, speaking from experience. A lot of them think it's ok to be bad too because the class is new. Not sure why they don't go practice on their own but having to heal their asses through mythic dungeons and them EXPECTING you to carry them is stupid as hell. Makes it stressful when it's so much easier to heal other tanks. Content nerfs be damned.

I'm tanking on my DH, and I'm now fully locked out on mythics. DH actually is good at tanking currently, you just can't be stupid about it. Every group has invited me to do more, and I've even had people add me on battletag.

I can honestly say, yes, I'm squishy.. Outside of cds. Which is only 2-3 seconds at best. Chances are you're playing with tanks that don't know how to tank properly, or what their stat priority is. Probably even under-geared. But yes, they are under-performing other tanks like DKs and warriors, but they really aren't all that awful. It really is just a L2P issue with the tanks themselves which will come with time, talents, abilites, and artifact, .

A bit OT, but to play them, do you have to pre-order the expansion (digitally) still?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    A bit OT, but to play them, do you have to pre-order the expansion (digitally) still?
    Well yeah at least until the actual expansion launches in just over 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    Well yeah at least until the actual expansion launches in just over 2 weeks.
    So pre-ordering the expansion (CE) from a retailer gets you diddly-squat? /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Look at the fury bar of your tank

most of them sitting all the time on 90 -100 fury, its hillarios lol
    Pooling your Pain until you need it is the right way to go about it. If they're still sitting on that much while they're droping, then it's a problem. But otherwise it's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Remember how DKs was in the first month of wotl?

Its happening again, just accept it
    Yeah, I do. 5-man DK groups were absolutely raping instances. Had no need for healers. Tank DKs were OP as fuck. I took a group of 1 BLood, 2 frost and 2 unholy from 60-70 in just a few hours running instances, and we proceeded to 80 over the next few weeks. Never changed the party setup at all.

Now, what were you saying about DKs sucking like DHs do now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Now, what were you saying about DKs sucking like DHs do now?
    i think his point is that there are a lot of clueless people who have no idea what they are doing running around on a boosted tank which they have absolutely no idea how to play. DK was op as fuck, but in the hands of your typical window licker the class was a liablity more than anything else. I believe that was what he was saying

I have to say, those demon hunter tanks and the heals must be bad. Because I have no issue keep myself up in most dungeons on my demon hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    707 Vengeance here and I found everything tankeable. Compared to something like a Prot War with Ignore Pain, yes, my HP bounces up and down a lot more, but that was totally expected and I planned my tanking for it. No reckless bullshit here.

You are going to have to survive 2.5 weeks and then you will never think of this again. Right now we are all incomplete until legion drops but some more than others. You are not going to stop people from using queues to gear up or practice so get over it.

Deleted
    my dh is only 698 ilvl or so nd only problem i really had was the end of invasion bosses to tank their melee hits so damm hard.even our M geared druid tank sayd they can kill him quikly

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    after fooling around on vengence a bit i changed my mind a bit too - my primary guess would be the primary source of problems with lfr/dungeons DH tanks would be them not using demon spikes due to laziness :P

kinda similiar thing happened a lot with monk when people didnt keep up shuffle at all and then complained that brewmaster sucked :P
    They are still squishy, but a quick look at the talents we don't have access to and it's easy to see why. They are also lacking Versatility, which is the their top stat for survivability builds. But, again, I wasn't really getting into all of that earlier and strictly pointed out that it is easy to get gear right now.