Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the situation and position. If the guy works in my kitchen and he faffs off to grab a fiver in the middle of the lunch rush, we're probably not gonna be fighting tooth and nail to keep him around. If he's a good worker who comes in visibly sleep-deprived once or twice and grabs a powernap during our dead hour in the back, where customers can't see, and where he's not in peoples' way, I'll wake him up, ask him to punch out for fifteen, and let him get some rest. If it becomes habitual, I'll ask him to address his sleeping habits off the job and send him home. If it persists after that, yeah, I'll probably have to let the guy go. But one and done for napping on the job is dumb unless they seriously screw you over during that nap.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Us Fed Govt jobs have a 3 strike policy. First can be sent home without pay, second is a couple days without pay and third is termination if the supervisor so chooses.

I don't get this shit,

haven't we reached the point where you literally cannot prove they were taking a nap or not yet? How the hell would YOU know they were taking a nap? What if they were just slouched and didn't want to respond to you because you tend to report people? This is a stupid question.

You'll never catch someone taking a nap unless you're insane and think everyone is napping, and then the problem is you.

Depends on the job and what's going on at the time.

my shop can get awfully slow sometimes and some of the other guys have nodded off for a short 30 minute nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Got curious around this question the other day. Personally, I'd like to know what happened in the last nights before taking any actions.

And you?
    if i were in charge, my policy would be give a warning and advice in how to not fall asleep at work the first time, a final warning and supervision the second time (to actively help them not fall asleep), and replace them the third time

I'm workign as a developer, at my office we're encouraged to take a quick nap if we're too tired (30-60 minutes) + some coffee afterwards, better that than to do shitty work.
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    if they have nothing to do you're doing something wrong as an employer and are basically paying people to do nothing which hey more power to the people working there if the people running the place are dumb enough to pay em for doing nothing
    Maximizing employee efficiency is an art. Depending on the size of your company and how good your line managers are, some low-end employees may have more or less to do than others.

But none of that really matters. What's most important to a company are the costs involved in replacing a skilled worker. Imagine you've pumped 100k in education and skills of a new employee and you find him dozing off one day. You gonna freaking burn 100k to the ground?

Teach him not to freaking fall asleep if that's so much of an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Form3r View Post
    And then when all people are replaced by machines we'll act entirely surprised about why nobody buys our products
    Well, the CEOs will be surprised.

The rest of will be too hungry to say "I told you so."
    Putin khuliyo