7+ Year Old Account

Rugby vs Soccer..

this may have been seen before, the language is kind of bad, but the truth is undeniable. to funny.

Deleted
    Watching rugby after having watched football is like taking a breath of fresh air for me. All the faking and diving has turned soccer into something Im barely able to watch anymore. Cause I mean, at the end of the day some decisions do affect the match and that's just cheating.
    Rugby is the opposite. NO ONE talks to the referee but the captain, and ALWAYS being respectful at all times. Its very rare to see bad decisions influencing the game and as a result the beat team always win

Ozzy Man has some awesome videos.

AFL is not rugby >.>

Soccer guys are just trying it on for a penalty since it is a non contact sport. Should be a cynical foul complete with red card at several match suspensions imo but whatevs. I don't think they use a proper video referee so if the ref on the pitch doesn't see it happen you are golden, all he will see is you reeling in pain lol. Rather pathetic, yes.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Yeah that's not rugby

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Watching rugby after having watched football is like taking a breath of fresh air for me. All the faking and diving has turned soccer into something Im barely able to watch anymore. Cause I mean, at the end of the day some decisions do affect the match and that's just cheating.
    Rugby is the opposite. NO ONE talks to the referee but the captain, and ALWAYS being respectful at all times. Its very rare to see bad decisions influencing the game and as a result the beat team always win
    It's so much worse knowing that we have slow motion replay now, and the sport (soccer) simply won't adapt to technology. Glanced at one of the Olympic soccer games going on when I was at the bar a few days back. Saw a dude barely miss another player with a slide tackle, and he still got a yellow card. All the while we watched the replay 3 or 4 times in slow motion where we saw that he didn't even get touched.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    It's so much worse knowing that we have slow motion replay now, and the sport (soccer) simply won't adapt to technology. Glanced at one of the Olympic soccer games going on when I was at the bar a few days back. Saw a dude barely miss another player with a slide tackle, and he still got a yellow card. All the while we watched the replay 3 or 4 times in slow motion where we saw that he didn't even get touched.
    I mean. In rugby, it takes 10 seconds to stop the game, send some controversial footage upstairs and analyse it.
    Football could easily implement that for the most controversial stuff. Even without stopping the game. We could have a team analysing the events upstairs and have the game either stopped or yellow card/red cards given at the first throw in or whatever. Ah well.

It's so much worse knowing that we have slow motion replay now, and the sport (soccer) simply won't adapt to technology.
    Now the official reasoning I heard for this was that the rules were to be consistent everywhere it is played. Soccer being the opiate of the masses is played a lot where they simply do not have access to that technology so it was for their benefit. Does not really work for me given the ridiculous calls that have come up in major tournaments. You just cannot win a match bashing the ball into the net with your hand because the ref did not see it, seriously. That is another cynical foul that should carry a match suspension, not because it is bad play, but because it is really *really* bad for the sport just like Djalil is pointing out. In rugby union they will even retroactively penalise players after the match is finished if it is revealed they were doing something really objectionable like assaulting another player.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dude, you watch the olympic soccer games? Why not just wait for the FIFA?

OT: Soccer, its just a better sport in all aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Sod that. I'll concede that Soccer is better than Rugby if and when players stop pretending like they just got shot when someone attempts a tackle within 20 feet of them.

also adding to the "that's not rugby" dogpile.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Nah, I'm not much of a soccer fan. It was just on at the bar and I was sitting in front of it.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit I'm triggered... this really isn't a nice feeling.

As a Victorian (home state Australian rules football) I've got to say that Australian rules football which is also better then football (soccer), rugby league, rugby union, rugby 7s and gridiron. But I'm bias.

Great sport if anybody is interested. It can be a tad confusing to the new. Here are some hard hits.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    No FIFA championship until 2018; always in the same year as winter olympics.