Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    i dont see the point of fixing low level experience. the game is clearly meant to be played at max level and band-aids like increasing hp or damage of low level mobs arent going to fix anything.
    If the leveling experience wouldn't be so easy, maybe people would no longer think the game is only about max level. Also, if things are harder, especially dungeons, you do learn more about your class. So it does serve a purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    If the leveling experience wouldn't be so easy, maybe people would no longer think the game is only about max level. Also, if things are harder, especially dungeons, you do learn more about your class. So it does serve a purpose.
    its not only the difficulty of leveling experience... the problem is that there is absolutely nothing i can do to progress my character while its under level 100, other than leveling up, and obviously i want to be done with as soon as possible so i can start working on my garrison/artifact/reps/flying... that doesnt mean that im happy with this, id love to have a reason to visit the old zones, do their quests, spend some time in there, but to give meaning to that the whole game would have to be redesigned, simple hp/dmg buff is useless.

given how 90% (more?) of the end exists at end game, levelling really is just a means to an end

10+ Year Old Account
    After running throughz Gnomeregan twice, I would say if you have no one with heirlooms, it's actually quite decent. On my first run people actually died on the first boss. On my second run the tank and other two DPS had heirlooms and mobs were still dieing fast as hell. Still, it's a bit better than it was before. But yeah, with heirlooms as is I would say low level content will never really be balanced again. Maybe increase the exp they give even more (1-2% per item) but reduce the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    In dungeons, encountering players with Heirlooms isn't a choice.
    Heirlooms ruin low level dungeons, because they make characters dramatically more powerful than they should be, trivialising every encounter and leaving non-heirloomed players with nothing to do.
    It's actually a broader problem than even that; even for players in full heirloom gear, if the vast majority of their abilities aren't instant cast direct damage, they have nothing to do. The life of almost every ranged class in low level dungeons is to queue up spells that never finish casting while melee DPS deal about 90% of the group's damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Danin View Post
    It's actually a broader problem than even that; even for players in full heirloom gear, if the vast majority of their abilities aren't instant cast direct damage, they have nothing to do. The life of almost every ranged class in low level dungeons is to queue up spells that never finish casting while melee DPS deal about 90% of the group's damage.
    It's definitely bad all round, they just can't fix it for everyone until heirlooms don't provide such a huge power boost.
    The tuning is always going to be off somewhere if they let this enormous power differential lie.

Kinda defeats the purpose of heirlooms by making outdated content take longer to get through. You hardly learn anything from leveling anyways. Rotation? What rotation? You don't have enough abilities to actually have one. From 1-100 it's 1 2 3 repeat with the occasional 4 for AoE. Usually even just DoTing mobs is enough, lengthy casts not required.

I am leveling a mage. Normal mobs are dead before my cast is finished. I agree that heirlooms should be toned down a bit, but even without them dungeons were ridiculously easy. If dungeons are only somewhat challenging if you 1-2 man them, something is seriously wrong. So as said, I am happy to see at least some changes.
    so take of the damn heirlooms if you dont like them - jezus christ people nowadays complain about anything that doesnt suit their view on the game

also mobs dying before you finish cast ? well then lev el up as fire and enjoy sick aoe bursts.

- - - Updated - - -

you dont learn anything , especially with the recent gutting during leveling yu have literaly 1-2 buttons to press untill level 60 - what rotation you want to teach with that ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so take of the damn heirlooms if you dont like them - jezus christ people nowadays complain about anything that doesnt suit their view on the game

also mobs dying before you finish cast ? well then lev el up as fire and enjoy sick aoe bursts.

- - - Updated - - -

you dont learn anything , especially with the recent gutting during leveling yu have literaly 1-2 buttons to press untill level 60 - what rotation you want to teach with that ?
    I am leveling as fire. I don't use heirlooms. The patch with the buffed HP did help, but before mobs in dungeons basically died before I could finish a single cast. Now I can at least finish 1-2 casts (more if others also don't wear heirlooms). And this was specifically for dungeons, not single player.

As for the learning, well, how about some easy things that even low level dungeons can teach you: Not standing in fire, bursting down specific targets, running away from AoE. Because the damage of those effects is so weak you won't even learn things like that until those effects suddenly 1-2 shot you.