Deleted

Skinning/Enchanting good Combo ?

Howdy,

my Legion Boost will be a lvl 60 Mage, so i thought about the right Profession Combination. Good Cash Income seems is 2 Gatherings, but i want atleast one new Profession like Enchanting.

My Idea was to combine this with a Gathering-Profession, and it seems Skinning is good for alot of other Professions-Material Supply....

So, is my Idea flawd in any Way ? No classic Tailoring to provide me some Stuff to disenchant ?

English is not my Native and i hope u get the Point and help me out.

Thank you.

If you plan to Raid then Herbalism is excellent to pass to an Alchemist for flasks.
    Skinning would get pennies in as would mining.

I've never needed another profession to DE stuff, just DE quest rewards / what you get in a Dungeon etc.

If you have a current profession then can get the gathering skill to go along side that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I like combining Tailoring with Enchanting - Because bags, which is a stable good source of income. Enchanting is often useful in one way or another.
    Both professions doesn't require me to have a gathering profession to support them. Basically, I don't need to buy materials to craft unless I want to, and I don't need to face the dilemma of having to choose only 1 crafting prof to match with a gathering. Besides I can barely stand gathering profession without flying hence I want to avoid that frustrated feeling on my main at least.

Currently I have chars with these setups. Listed in the order that I usually play them:
    * Tailoring / Ench
    * Alch / Herb
    * JC / Mining
    * Herb / Mining (Druid)
    * LW / Skinning
    * BS / Engi
    * Tailoring / Ench

Quote Originally Posted by Incarnia View Post
    Personally I like combining Tailoring with Enchanting - Because bags, which is a stable good source of income. Enchanting is often useful in one way or another.
    Both professions doesn't require me to have a gathering profession to support them. Basically, I don't need to buy materials to craft unless I want to, and I don't need to face the dilemma of having to choose only 1 crafting prof to match with a gathering. Besides I can barely stand gathering profession without flying hence I want to avoid that frustrated feeling on my main at least.

Currently I have chars with these setups. Listed in the order that I usually play them:
    * Tailoring / Ench
    * Alch / Herb
    * JC / Mining
    * Herb / Mining (Druid)
    * LW / Skinning
    * BS / Engi
    * Tailoring / Ench
    Tailoring in legion will need skinning... Just check the unlerned recipes and you will found out that 80% of them require materials from skinning
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Tailoring in legion will need skinning... Just check the unlerned recipes and you will found out that 80% of them require materials from skinning
    Only if you count the Unbroken Tooth and Claw, which are just normal drops that drop for everyone that kills beasts mobs, its just that skinning gets some extra as a sideproduct.
    If you disregard that its 1 recipe that requires skinning, 3 that require Herbalism, 1 that requires mining, 1 echanting and 1 that requires JC.
    So its pretty spread out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Only if you count the Unbroken Tooth and Claw, which are just normal drops that drop for everyone that kills beasts mobs, its just that skinning gets some extra as a sideproduct.
    If you disregard that its 1 recipe that requires skinning, 3 that require Herbalism, 1 that requires mining, 1 echanting and 1 that requires JC.
    So its pretty spread out.
    Didnt know that those were nornal loots too... Also some blacksmith recipes require skinning..

In general, skinning will not be just for lw... So it will be as profitable as herbalism/mining imo
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the heads-up both of you. Seems like I will have most of it covered already. But perhaps trade mining for skinning on my druid tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    im going this combo for xpack. Had BS and JC but after they changed sockets ect JC became shitty for making gold. No belt buckle from BS either so. At lest with ench/skinning ican make few gold coins and buy crafted gear
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    I have a question instead of opening my own thread. For legion, as an enchanter, will I get enough blood of sargeras from disenchanted gear? I have matched with herbalism so I can get bloods from herbs (if I am correct in saying that) or will I do fine with enchanting and engineering for bloods?

Thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Aralon View Post
    I have a question instead of opening my own thread. For legion, as an enchanter, will I get enough blood of sargeras from disenchanted gear? I have matched with herbalism so I can get bloods from herbs (if I am correct in saying that) or will I do fine with enchanting and engineering for bloods?

Thanks ^_^
    Bloods from gathering are not so common as people think... the time you will spend gathering in the hope to get a blood, you could also run a dungeon and get it. Bloods will come from dungeons and world quests too. I dont know about disenchanting drop rates though..

Deleted
    Bloods from gathering are not so common as people think... the time you will spend gathering in the hope to get a blood, you could also run a dungeon and get it. Bloods will come from dungeons and world quests too. I dont know about disenchanting drop rates though..
    Thanks for getting back to me about this. I did actually forget about the dungeons end. Would you say it's safe enough to go with two crafting professions without gimping myself?

Thanks for getting back to me about this. I did actually forget about the dungeons end. Would you say it's safe enough to go with two crafting professions without gimping myself?
    Your welcome

Going with 2 crafting professions will be very hard at the start of expansion, because materials will have ridiculous prices and you will not be able to get them other than buy them (no mining/garden garrison). If you have tons of gold and you are willing to spend them on overpriced materials... one thing for sure is that, blood of sargeras will not be the problem (I mean, problem because you have not chosen a gathering prof).

I would say better start with gathering - crafting combo, and after a month or 2 when prices stabilize, you can change the gathering with a crafting profession.. because you only need to level it to 100 for world quests to show up and you have no other "penalty" if your prof is >100 skill.

Keep in mind, I am not in beta, I am just reading guides here and there. You can have a look here

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/profes...sions-overview

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...2Sybt8/preview

also about Blood of Sargeras: (I am sure I read somewhere that those rates from gathering have been "nerfed" but cant find the source atm..
    )

Last edited by papajohn4; 2016-08-15 at 03:15 PM.

Deleted
    Your welcome

Going with 2 crafting professions will be very hard at the start of expansion, because materials will have ridiculous prices and you will not be able to get them other than buy them (no mining/garden garrison). If you have tons of gold and you are willing to spend them on overpriced materials... one thing for sure is that, blood of sargeras will not be the problem (I mean, problem because you have not chosen a gathering prof).

I would say better start with gathering - crafting combo, and after a month or 2 when prices stabilize, you can change the gathering with a crafting profession.. because you only need to level it to 100 for world quests to show up and you have no other "penalty" if your prof is >100 skill.

Keep in mind, I am not in beta, I am just reading guides here and there. You can have a look here

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/profes...sions-overview

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...2Sybt8/preview

also about Blood of Sargeras: (I am sure I read somewhere that those rates from gathering have been "nerfed" but cant find the source atm..
    )

Thanks for the information. I really do appreciate it! Professions is usually the last thing I look at for expansions. I will more than likely do as you mentioned. My paladin is an engineer and I will miss my portals since I am going DH now.

Thanks for the information. I really do appreciate it! Professions is usually the last thing I look at for expansions. I will more than likely do as you mentioned. My paladin is an engineer and I will miss my portals since I am going DH now.
    hehe glad to help m8. I am also switching from paladin to DH! honestly, from what I have seen, engineer seem the most lackluster prof in Legion, so not worry about it!