Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    okay i'll make it crystal clear so we dont misunderstand each other

backstab and ambush (now shadowstrike) used to be on the same key(or rather you had the option to have them on the same key)
    now you dont, thus now you have an extra action button on your action bar for the same function as before HENCE the term: button bloat, since now you have an extra button that doesnt serve a purpose compared to prepatch

and it literally goes against blizzard's entire philosophy for this expac, which is to REDUCE button bloat.

this is what people refer to, i dont know what you're talking about.
    no, i understand what you're saying. it's just stupid to use the term button bloat for literally 1 button. you're literally using english wrong.

if it were 3 or 4 extra buttons, it would be bloated.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    no, i understand what you're saying. it's just stupid to use the term button bloat for literally 1 button. you're literally using english wrong.

if it were 3 or 4 extra buttons, it would be bloated.
    even 1 button can be a bloat if it's redundant

if you eat 1 cookie too many you can stil get bloated, you dont need 4 cookies. at this point you're literally arguing semantics, what's the point?

even 1 button can be a bloat if it's redundant

if you eat 1 cake too many you can stil get bloated, you dont need 4 cakes.
    agree to disagree. I was also gonna use a food reference but with chips. if you eat 1 chip, you don't get bloated. you'd need much more than 1.

- - - Updated - - -

at this point you're literally arguing semantics, what's the point?
    you started the argument by using the term bloat wrong. i was responding to the "inconvenience of having to make extra ridiculous hotkeys" comment by saying that's not true. If it were true, THAT would be button bloat.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2016-08-13 at 10:47 PM.

agree to disagree. I was also gonna use a food reference but with chips. if you eat 1 chip, you don't get bloated. you'd need much more than 1.

- - - Updated - - -

you started the argument by using the term bloat wrong.
    you think i did and i think i didnt, as i said, semantics, by my definition button bloat is when you have ANY buttons on your bar that are either unnecessary or redundant, which this case falls perfectly under, i dont find the need to put an arbitrary number to what constitutes as bloat and what doesnt, anything is bloat that bloats your bar, and even 1 extra button does that, it just bloats it less than more buttons would but that doesnt make it not bloating, there are degrees, just because it can be worse doesnt mean it cant be better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    I just have the three stealth abilities bound to their own keybinds. With hemorrhage and Garrote gone I have enough space for them to have their own keybinds.
    I did the same except one bind. Cheapshot goes to my vanish bind when stealth... it becomes in handy for fast re-opening in PvP-at least for me. If i push it once, just vanish...twice vanish-cheapshot. If i'm stealth already it's cheapshot...
    Sap and SoD have their own binds...and an extra for cheapshot when SD.
    Last edited by mmoc553ea44d9a; 2016-08-13 at 10:59 PM.

Dumb semantic argument about the definition of button bloat lol. Clearly the number of binds increased for many rogues with this patch, whether anyone considers that bloat or not who cares.

backstab is almost never used. even then, the spec uses 1 more button than assassination. that's not button bloat.
    backstab in pve is used 50% of the amount of times SS is used, on average, across say 350-450s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same binds in and out of stealth. Strike on 1 because you spam the holy crap out of it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Spriestlawl View Post
    backstab in pve is used 50% of the amount of times SS is used, on average, across say 350-450s.
    Talkin' pvp, m8.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2016-08-13 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spriestlawl View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=11

37 backstabs VS 85 strikes

I would also love a shadow dance macro modifier, it would make for great macros.. but I guess you'll have to get used to having separate binds and actually making sure you got shadow dance up when you want to focus sap/cheap shot..

I re-did my binds completely since 7.0 and figured out all binds before actually binding them, took a couple of days of low effort.

Some are legacy since I've played rogue since vanilla and they are unforgettable so i'll have to live with some awkwardness, but I have made major changes too. Moving damage dealers to 1-2-3 and setting R & T as Cheap Shot & Kidney Shot. Used to have main damage dealer on R since it's much more comfortable spamming R than 1 or 2, but this way is better since I like kick on 4 and it's easier to tap 4 when you're spamming 1-2-3 rather than R -- you can use different finger for Kick, rather than sharing with damage spam, which I've used before and is way bad.

I still have the 5 and modified C bindings left, which will come in handy when artifact ability and honor talents (smoke bomb specifically) come into play. Also I strafe with Q and E and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to stop miss-clicking them if I try to use them as binds. Same with A and D.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

$: Vanish

1: Shadowstrike (shift: shuriken toss, alt: shuriken storm)
    2: Backstab (shift: crimson vial+healthstone)
    3: Eviscerate (shift: death from above||marked for death)
    4: Kick (shift: [at]focus, ctrl: shadowstep+kick[at]focus)
    5:

R: Cheap Shot (shift: [at]focus, ctrl: shadowstep+cheapshot[at]focus)
    T: Kidney Shot (shift: [at]focus, ctrl: shadowstep+kidneyshot[at]focus)
    Y: Cloak of Shadow
    F: Feint/Stealth macro (shift: symbols of death, ctrl: pvp trinket)
    G: Shadow Dance (shift: shadow blades, ctrl: every man for himself)
    X: Blind (shift: [at]focus)
    C: set focus
    V: Sap (shift: [at]focus, ctrl: distract)
    B: Shadowstep (shift: [at]friend)

shift+Q: Sprint
    shift+S: Evasion

scroll-up: shadowstep+kick[at]focus (shift: shadowstep+sap[at]focus)
    scroll-down: shadowstep+kick[at]focus (shift: shadowstep+sap[at]focus)

mouse-thumb-btn: Nightblade (shift: enveloping shadows)

F1: shadowstep+kick[at]arena1 (shift: shadowstep+sap[at]arena1)
    F2: shadowstep+kick[at]arena2 (shift: shadowstep+sap[at]arena2)
    F3: shadowstep+kick[at]arena3 (shift: shadowstep+sap[at]arena3)
    Last edited by Conformist; 2016-08-14 at 10:59 AM.