Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The labeling is totally pointless. Every generation has been full of a bunch of whiny fucking twats. The only difference between now and then is now every person with an opinion has an audience and can connect with others who share that opinion through the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Every generation has people who are coddled outraged crybabies, those generations however didn't have internet and social media so that everyone could hear them. It's pure hubris that past generation somehow think they were above such behaviors.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    I think they desperately want to be intellectuals, but either find the topics discussed by them boring, or can't grasp them. So instead they try to speak like intellectuals on topics void of any intellect. SJWs can monologue for a solid 10 minutes on the ethics of a poop swastika in a bathroom.

Thats like drawing blood out of stone.

What i'm getting at here, is that for some people, appearing smart is worth more than actually being knowledgeable on a subject.

I mean you can't honestly think 3rd wave feminists care about Women's Rights, yet cower the second you bring up genuine women's rights issues, like those in the 3rd world. Likewise you can't honestly think BLM cares about black people dying, but won't tackle their own communities problems or acknowledge that most black deaths come from other blacks.

Notice how they're all rich college kids too. These people aren't just privileged, they aren't just the 1%. They're the 0.01% of privilege
    I think there defiantly exists some of them that are like this but I honestly believe the lions share are doing it because they sincerely believe they are doing good.

The term helpful idiots I think applies to more of them then simply people posturing.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused... this is news because a person who was part of a focus group... gave an opinion on a show that the focus group was for?

If you don't want negative feedback to host a focus group.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

7+ Year Old Account
    Millenials.. please grow up already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    Every generation has people who are coddled outraged crybabies, those generations however didn't have internet and social media so that everyone could hear them. It's pure hubris that past generation somehow think they were above such behaviors.
    I agree that this is the main problem.

These thin skinned millennials, SJW's etc. only seem to exist on Social Media and in Liberal art classes.
    Jut stop giving them a stage outside of their own communities and let them terrorize their own kind.

People seem to care more about censorship to control media. If they don't like the show, don't watch it. If enough people also don't like it, the show will go away, like most shows in their first season.

I don't like The Big Bang Theory at all, but I am okay with its growth in popularity. The show hasn't changed nerd culture or the science community very much, it is making fun of the things in people's lives, based on stereotypes and prejudice, and there's nothing wrong with that because that's comedy. We know it is not all real, but we recognize those stereotypes do exist and we like to see the extremes at play.

If people are offended by seeing the extremes in a comedic way, then they miss the point of comedy.
    Liberal but not Democrat.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boys View Post
    People seem to care more about censorship to control media. If they don't like the show, don't watch it. If enough people also don't like it, the show will go away, like most shows in their first season.
    If they didn't want feedback then they shouldn't have had a focus group?

Stephen Fry and Joel McHale. I'll probably watch this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    I'm confused... this is news because a person who was part of a focus group... gave an opinion on a show that the focus group was for?

If you don't want negative feedback to host a focus group.
    The article mentions 2 people, so it is technically millennials. But I think the article is just confirming our biases of the millennial generation. Pretty funny.

- - - Updated - - -

If they didn't want feedback then they shouldn't have had a focus group?
    That's not my train of logic, you've misread what I am saying and I did not say they should not receive feedback on their show. Try again.

The complaining about millennials has gotten a bit absurd. It takes serious gall to systematically destroy the economy and the environment and then turn around and be like "ugh these kids and their texting and their play stations and safe spaces" like we're the problem.

Also it appears that this was a single person that reacted negatively? Seems like a millennial version of the "Old Man Yells at Cloud" meme.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    As the last sentence from your quote, if it offends millennials you couldn't ever wish for a better publicity.

I'm a millennial and I'm ashamed by my own people.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I'm not going to get involved in the faux-rage about millenials. It's just gotten tiresome.

I'm just jumping in to say this:

The Great Indoors co-star Joel McHale interjected that if the show is offending millennials, it is "the best strategy ever".
    This man is lucky he is an actor and not a businessman. The millenial age group occupies something like 75% of the most prized advertising demographics. If your show is offending millenials, you better play DAMN strong everywhere else if you want to stay on the air.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    As the last sentence from your quote, if it offends millennials you couldn't ever wish for a better publicity.

I'm a millennial and I'm ashamed by my own people.
    I feel that the millennial mindset is more of a regional development within the 1st world, more than a generation wide development. It is not the over convenience of life that has made a generation soft, it is certain areas that were not properly parented, thinking they could get everything and hear no wrong and nothing bad would happen, because they were protected and not parented.

And when I say were protected, I do not mean they should have been hit or spanked, I mean they should have been more set to the harsh realities of life. Such as hearing opinions different from yours, face-to-face instead of blocking opinions differing, or curving test scores because of quotes, etc. These develop an entitlement complex while lacking the skills to deliver to justify their superiority mindset.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boys View Post
    The article mentions 2 people, so it is technically millennials. But I think the article is just confirming our biases of the millennial generation. Pretty funny.
    Yes it did.

It mentioned one person who gave a negative opinion about a product while at a focus group. And another who came to the defense of of the first after an executive of the show brought him up. The story makes no mention of how the executive told his story, the journalist could have been fully justified in coming to his defense if the executive was trying to portray him in a bad light for giving negative feedback at a focus group. The whole article is just manufactured outrage at a nonissue with only half the story.

That's not my train of logic, you've misread what I am saying and I did not say they should not receive feedback on their show. Try again.
    Then what are you saying?

No one brought up censorship and they were asked to watch it.

Millennials, whom we define as those ages 18-34 in 2015. Now number 75.4 million, surpassing the 74.9 million Baby Boomers (ages 51-69) in the US.
    Thats alot of people. BTW the baby boomer living in the house in front of mine called the police because my 8 years old daughter fed birds on our front lawn with bread. I think Baby Boomers got the outraged part even worse.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-08-12 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    This. We just get to hear and see the crybabies in a way that wasn't possible before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Yes it did.

It mentioned one person who gave a negative opinion about a product while at a focus group. And another who came to the defense of of the first after an executive of the show brought him up. The story makes no mention of how the executive told his story, the journalist could have been fully justified in coming to his defense if the executive was trying to portray him in a bad light for giving negative feedback at a focus group. The whole article is just manufactured outrage at a nonissue with only half the story.
    It is misleading, but pedantic to care about. The article is making a wide sweeping claim about how all millennials think, but only names a few. How there was 2 voices, one defending each other is irrelevant to the point of the article.

Yes I did correct you, but my comment was not about how there was 2 people, it was about confirming the biases about millennials. You've missed the point.
    Then what are you saying?

No one brought up censorship and they were asked to watch it.
    I am clearly saying it is not wrong that there should not be negative feedback, but they are talking about censorship in that this show's topic (comedy of millennials) should not exist. If you are saying they are doing that comedy poorly, and the negative feedback reflects that, then I would agree. But the feedback did not criticize how it was made fun of, it was criticized that it was made fun of at all. If something cannot be made fun of, that is censorship.
    Last edited by Green Mountain Boys; 2016-08-12 at 02:05 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    This man is lucky he is an actor and not a businessman. The millenial age group occupies something like 75% of the most prized advertising demographics. If your show is offending millenials, you better play DAMN strong everywhere else if you want to stay on the air.
    Considering this will air on CBS, a network where their most successful programs are aimed at and watched by people outside of this demographic, I think he'll be alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    Considering this will air on CBS, a network where their most successful programs are aimed at and watched by people outside of this demographic, I think he'll be alright.
    I had the same thought. Most Millenials don't cable TV but Hulu or Netflix. I am not sure if the show will be on those 2, but my initial feeling is that this is aimed towards parents/gen x or baby boomers.