Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boys View Post
    I am clearly saying it is not wrong that there should not be negative feedback, but they are talking about censorship in that this show's topic (comedy of millennials) should not exist. If you are saying they are doing that comedy poorly, and the negative feedback reflects that, then I would agree. But the feedback did not criticize how it was made fun of, it was criticized that it was made fun of at all. If something cannot be made fun of, that is censorship.
    I think we might be reading different articles, I can't find anywhere in the article that mentions censorship at all or that the content shouldn't exist.

A millennial member of a focus group has angrily objected to the contents of a television programme because it portrayed millennials as coddled, easily offended and thin-skinned.
    Is the only thing that I can even remotely think would be what you're talking about. But again, it's a guy who was at focus group, who gave feedback and explained his reasons. Didn't say it shouldn't exist just that he didn't like the contents for how it portrayed him/his generation.

Also, a poorly written article doesn't really confirm anything other than that people who believe whatever they read online as long as it fits their agenda or beliefs.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2016-08-12 at 02:16 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boys View Post
    I feel that the millennial mindset is more of a regional development within the 1st world, more than a generation wide development. It is not the over convenience of life that has made a generation soft, it is certain areas that were not properly parented, thinking they could get everything and hear no wrong and nothing bad would happen, because they were protected and not parented.

And when I say were protected, I do not mean they should have been hit or spanked, I mean they should have been more set to the harsh realities of life. Such as hearing opinions different from yours, face-to-face instead of blocking opinions differing, or curving test scores because of quotes, etc. These develop an entitlement complex while lacking the skills to deliver to justify their superiority mindset.
    I agree. My father used to spank me, call me names and make me feel worthless. That didn't bring anything good for me in life - maybe beside the fact that I know I will do everything to never be like him. That's not the type of learning millenials needs.

But as you said, we need to be challenged. We need to see something else than the echo of our thoughts. Life is not black and white - buzzfeed and co. are not the reality. So a TV show that laughs at millenials can - I hope - help some of them realize just how polarized they - we - are as a generation.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Joel McHale is a cunt.

Is it something new that so-called millennials are retarded?

No, nor is it new that people from older generations pretend like they weren't equally retarded when they were "our" age.

Deleted
    Millennial is such a shit term as it spans between 1-35

He, also, ruined Talk Soup or The Soup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Is it something new that so-called millennials are retarded?
    Just as much as those who generalize are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cool, a thread where people are just calling each other names. MMO-C doesn't disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Millennial is such a shit term as it spans between 1-35
    Yeah but we all know it's about that one demographic I dislike.

This was funny, I hope the show succeeds; it's been so encouraging for me to watch this counter culture grow.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2016-08-12 at 04:07 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Millennials outraged over TV show portraying millennials as outraged

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7184771.html

A millennial member of a focus group has angrily objected to the contents of a television programme because it portrayed millennials as coddled, easily offended and thin-skinned.
    Well, the show is not wrong. I utterly despise my generation. This world is screwed.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Who the hell still watches television?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Hows the counter meme go again?

Able to buy a house working a non graduate job, keep your wife at home and run 2 cars whilst saving for your old age rather than be in crippling debt? Boy Boomers sure had it rough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Who the hell still watches television?
    Hunderds of millions.

Of course telling everyone Millenials are coddled babies with nothing to complain about is a winning formula. Baby Boomers should know that their parents taught them how. Dragnet outright lectured them on a weekly basis for god sakes. But seriously watch it that old stuff is actually pretty amazing. Great acting, great writing and they just didn't give a shit back then; Dragnet outright stated that Pagan was in fact an anagram for "People Against Goodness and Normalcy". It is magnificent.

Do not outrage the old folks do not care and our children will laugh at us all laughing at hipsters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    It get's a little embarrassing to be a millennial when you have people get offended over a tv-show.
    Don't be, it's not unique to millennials. Former VP Dan Quaile through fit over Murphy Brown TV show, because the character was adopting as a single mom. He made it a national story, not just bitched. Even Elvis's hips were blocked on TV, because a generation thought it was damaging to society.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Don't be, it's not unique to millennials. Former VP Dan Quaile through fit over Murphy Brown TV show, because the character was adopting as a single mom. He made it a national story, not just bitched. Even Elvis's hips were blocked on TV, because a generation thought it was damaging to society.
    No no, we must complain about them damn kids and how our generation had much tougher skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    There can be no doubt millennials (at least in the US) are overly coddled and protected, and it is just getting worse.

If there was ever any doubt at to whether or not confirmation bias was a thing, it's gone now.

The latest generation is always the shittiest. Damn millennials. Only people who ever whined about anything. Causing the 2007 recession! Wait..... I'm excited to see what bullshit Millennials come up with about the generation after them. Like someone else said there was a huge moral outrage because Elvis wiggled his hips, or a black woman touched the water in a white man's pool. Nostalgia goggles hoooooooooo! Gotta love those uber thick skinned previous generations!

Besides if we really wanna point the finger accurately based on a lot of people's post history in this thread the real fault is the generation that raised the Millennials for being such shitty parents .
    Last edited by shimerra; 2016-08-13 at 03:37 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Well, the show is not wrong. I utterly despise my generation. This world is screwed.
    Because reasons? Or are you generalizing a whole generation based on the its loudest bunch you meet on the internet?