New Unholy Death Knight Runic Power questions

This doesn't fall strictly under anything I've seen, since it's not really a fix my dps question, I'm just curious what we're supposed to use as a runic power dump in AoE situations. Death Coil feels somewhat lackluster, and Death Strike is also single target, and even weaker than DC.

I'm running Bursting Sores, Epidemic, and Castigator, and it feels like in any long term aoe I'm capping gcds and runic power in an effort to get out as many casts of Epidemic as possible, as well as hitting Festering Strike, and popping as many Festering Wounds as I can via Scourge Strike.

Where do I want to weave in DC here? Sudden Doom compounds the issue by actually preventing me from spending runic power in these situations. I've tried out Ebon Fever here as well, and I feel more comfortable not having to battle my runes to fit in FeS and Scourge Strikes, and this frees up runes to use Outbreak more often, but I don't have beta to see how any of this feels with the artifact.

Any advice would be helpful!

Edit: My numbers currently look very good, even without 4pc, Class Trinket or Legendary ring, I'm not worried about that, I'm topping meters on aoe really hard regardless (I'm essentially only behind people who have 20+ilvls on me), but I do feel like I could be doing more? Plus since this is pre-patch i understand things will get shaken up in a few weeks.
    Last edited by raionyx; 2016-08-12 at 07:07 PM.

use this spec, give it a try
    Bursting spores, Pestilent Pustules , Castigator , Sludge belcher , Lingering appiration , infected claws , soul reaper,

keep in mind , Unholy needs HASTE !!!
    so soul reaper comes in handy , you will get to learn to control runic power spending get a coupe of festering strikes off 1 or 2 and then scourge strike
    then a couple of death coils to get runes off cool , put soul reaper up , ( while pet adds 1 or 2 more festering dots ) and then scourge strike away toget the 3 stack of soul reaper you need and you will find out how lovely this spec is , cuz im in love with it and i was really disappointed when i got these talents at first but this spec
    really made the transitioning from WOD talents to LEGION talents go with ease , and this is just the beginning of the apocalypse build .

and the arbiter talent is nice but when you fight for a long period of time , the arbiter only lasts 15 sec and thats abit short
    Defile is nice but its a red herring , unholy needs haste to proc festering wounds , the more haste the better
    im running on 21% haste , 31% crit and 70 % mastery and the more haste i get the better i perform the quicker the runes get of cooldown
    the happier you become ( soul reaper is the way )

Raionyx
    i hope this helps !

For AOE the priority is to outbreak for VP spread, then get DnD down and scourge spam to cleave targets in your DnD. Once DnD expires, you swap scourge spam(1rune) to epidemic(1rune).

Going from zero RP, the above would generate 10RP from outbreak/10RP from DnD and then 10RP per scourge(if no wounds present) so by the time you finish scourge spam and move to epidemic you can just fire off 1-2 DC and continue to bleed off RP either in between or after your 3 epidemic charges.

TLDR: DC is the lowest priority during AOE, its only used to keep runes regenerating or used to avoid overcapping RP.

- - - Updated - - -

Unholy aoe has never really had an Rp dump. Usually the best thing you could do is just weave Dc in when you have no runes up. Triggering Runic corruption feels like the only thing Dc is good for, the added energy to your ghoul is a small bonus. A propsed fix for this would have been to remove the charges of Epidemic and give it a runic power cost. Modifying the talent to cause outbreak to generate 1-3 RP per tick of damage wold help generate RP on top of DnD and Scourging, due to the lack of sores.