Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Maher answered the question. Obama is the "Clinton-Affiliated Entity" that he gave 1 million dollars too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Not claiming he is neutral, but I don't see why he would deny donating if there is actual proof of his doing so... What would that denial accomplish other than hurting him?
    Without proof, that's pretty much it... Makes no sense...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kind of amazed the two of them could be in the same room without the weight of their egos forming some kind of singularity and consuming the earth.
    True.
    However, I didn't bother looking at the video - but wasn't Assange still in London and Maher in the US just to avoid that fate?

Is there any actual evidence suggesting that Maher have given a million $ to something besides the donation to the Obama-campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    So, if you haven't heard, Bill Maher interviewed the noted King of Wikileaks, Julian Assange and at first seemed ready to attack Assange as being Anti-Clinton and or helping Trump, only to be stunned by Maher stating that a man by his name and in LA gave 1 million dollars to the Clinton's, thus implying that he was not acting in an unbiased fashion.

It is a bit entertaining to Watch Maher be put on the defensive.
    If you watched his shows, you would immediately see he is anti-Trump to the core. Hell, he even admitted it outright, that any issue takes back seat to defeating Trump:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Basically Wikileaks has little regard for the consequences of their actions for people who have done nothing wrong. To the point of attacking Edward Snowden when he suggest they dial it back a bit.
    Well, with Assange reportedly saying on redacting names from some leaks "They are traitors. They deserve to die.", that is to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    There are two problems with this.

First, the source does not show his evidence. Thus, if the evidance does not have a year or specify who the receiver is, like DNC instead of Hillary. Then Maher's explanation makes sense. You are missing a lot of other variables
    How little it takes to fool you, simply write a check with a different name to the same person and everything's gravy.

I like how you post a whole article, verbatim, and then try and hide the source in a hyperlink. Thehill is not a reputable blog, let alone news site. You can see their brand of "journalism" in the article title: A question, which they provide no proof for (nor did Assange), which they assume to be fact by the end of the article. It doesn't matter that there's only 3 William Maher's in L.A. if you can't prove the donation was made in the first place.

Secondly, do people really believe the DNC staffer who died is the leak? That's pretty laughable. How does a staffer have access to all these private EMails if he himself is not a hacker as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    I know this is not related but assange really is a piece of shit, and it keeps getting more obvious after his blatant attempt of politicising a death, that his family had to ask not to be politicized. For all I care fuck him.
    Assange is a hero

Nobody cares if a comedian lies to a foreigner.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I like how Assange went from the coolest thing since sliced bread to utterly loathed overnight due to this DNC mess.

Gotta love dem politics.
    Of course, many American conservatives used to think he should be executed, now they are cheering him on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    How little it takes to fool you, simply write a check with a different name to the same person and everything's gravy.
    You don't use checks much... In order for there to be a record of the donation, the check had to clear. Which means it wasn't just a different name on the check, but bank and routing number as well. You don't need to go into the forging checks here...

Simplest answer is usually the correct one... In this case, Maher's Obama donation, is the simplest answer.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Let's assume that the OP is correct that Maher didn't donate.

So the fuck what? When compared to the other lies going on.

It's like lying about having the biggest dick in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Maher is a fucking prick. I watched his show almost a decade ago when he was slightly less prickish. I don't honestly give a damn who he donates do. He's been a Hillary shrill since he started.
    Is there a Maher topic where you didn't come in and call him a prick and moved on? We get it dude.
    Last edited by NoiseTank13; 2016-08-13 at 03:14 PM.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Assange is just some dumbass who's in it for the fame, while Snowden is actually really smart. It's pathetic the former had to attack the latter (yes it's spelled with a 'tt' please remember this folks) because of some innocent remark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Secondly, do people really believe the DNC staffer who died is the leak? That's pretty laughable. How does a staffer have access to all these private EMails if he himself is not a hacker as well?
    As an IT intern at a major electronics company, I was able to get on my manager's PC and copy her user, then rename it to my account. I had full access to everything... But, I'm not malicious... Was trying to buy my dad Beatles 'Revolver' vinal EP for his birthday on EBay, had to get access to the site. This was close to 20 years ago.

This is hard to believe to still be something that can happen today. But, it's not out of the realm of possibility. What really makes it completely stupid for me, is that the leak is not something to be killed over. Furthermore, it makes no sense what so ever to kill someone and not make it seem like a robbery. It's asserting that Hillary is the illuminati, but they act like Stonecutters. You don't kill people over things, that would result in a much softer penalty, than the killing it self. No one pushes journalists in front of a train, for finding out a senate candidate is cheating. Movies are not real...

https://youtu.be/XXtQMz1RGNw

My favorite part is the OP apparently believes that Maher has to act in an unbiased fashion. He's made no secret about who he supports.

Does Assange even run Wikileaks anymore? I thought he was a walking, talking embarrassment for them.

P.S. When did "walk back" start to replace "backpedal"? That sounds all wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Assange is a hero
    Standing up for the rights of date rapists and egomaniacs everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I love how people in this thread are educated in Maher-Clinton-Trump thing. I watch Real Time on Youtube so let me explain few things:

1. Maher hates Trump and makes no secret about it. In fact almost every episode contains some Trump jokes or anti-Trump statements.
    2. Maher has been strongly pro-Clinton for years now. This pissed off Sanders supporters a lot.
    3. Maher donated Obama 1M and again this is no secret.
    4. Maher stated he won't donate Clinton despite his wholehearted support and he is no full to think that donating by proxy won't be unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Seriously? Do you know there must be account no. so that bank knows from which account to transfer money? And accounts are tied to person/company so one can idenfify its owner in no time.

Deleted
    Bill Maher is a comedian and a TV host. It makes no difference whether he lies to his guests or not. It's inconsequential and has no relevance on anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Is there a Maher topic where you didn't come in and call him a prick and moved on? We get it dude.
    Don't know what you're talking about dude but this is the only Maher topic I've commented on in recent memory.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It is interesting that Assange keeps putting forward blatant inferences during television interviews without backing up his inferences with any sort of evidence.

Personally I think if the 27-year-old DNC staffer really was the whistleblower then we the public should know that. While it could be a coincidence, his death coinciding with the leak and two weeks prior to the convention seems like a very large coincidence. This is assuming that what Assange said is true.

Of course if he is not the whistleblower and Assange is just bullshitting the public for an additional 10 seconds of fame/pushing an agenda then yes, he is indeed a piece of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I agree, I view him as the left's equivalent of Glenn Beck/Rush Limbaugh. Obnoxious and pushy with his agenda, even if I happen to agree with what he's saying most of the time.
    I agree, that would be one hell of a coincidence. I believe in coincidences like I believe in god, it might exist, but ive never seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Does Assange even run Wikileaks anymore? I thought he was a walking, talking embarrassment for them.
    Two sentences that both can be answered with: Yes, he is.