Kinguin cd key questions.

Hello I'm building a new pc for the first time and lots of people are recommending the kinguin cd key. I guess I'm in the dark as to how I'd actually download the operating system in the first place. Would I need an install disk or something?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdp View Post
    Hello I'm building a new pc for the first time and lots of people are recommending the kinguin cd key. I guess I'm in the dark as to how I'd actually download the operating system in the first place. Would I need an install disk or something?
    I bought a couple thing off there and it worked, the way you would install the OS is by downloading the installation files from Microsofts website and setting it up to be ready for installation on a new system on a CD or USB drive and then just during installation use the bought you got from Kinguin

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd download the Win 7/10 ISO from microsoft and then put it on a flash drive using the "Win 7 DVD to USB" tool. Boot from flash drive, install OS.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    You'd download the Win 7/10 ISO from microsoft and then put it on a flash drive using the "Win 7 DVD to USB" tool. Boot from flash drive, install OS.
    Don't think any tool is needed. I did a win10 installation from a USB drive a couple months back and all i had to do is download the .msi or .exe (can't remember which one) from the Microsoft website, just run it and select which external drive I wanted to set up for installation. It then started downloading the OS i selected on the drive and set everything up

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Don't think any tool is needed. I did a win10 installation from a USB drive a couple months back and all i had to do is download the .msi or .exe (can't remember which one) from the Microsoft website, just run it and select which external drive I wanted to set up for installation. It then started downloading the OS i selected on the drive and set everything up
    What you downloaded, was the tool.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    What you downloaded, was the tool.
    Ah sorry then, was thinking the other guy was saying to download the installation files and a tool that transfers the and sets them up on the drive separately. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Could I just use a friend's windows install cd with my own kinguin cd key?

Quote Originally Posted by Bdp View Post
    Could I just use a friend's windows install cd with my own kinguin cd key?
    should work fine.