10+ Year Old Account

Not digging DH PvP.

Playing Vengeance and I don't understand why they'd put out a melee class without a reliable snare. Fucking DKs are kiting me.

So dumb that I have to spec into Razor Spikes talent and then waste 20 pain and a defensive cooldown just for when I need to snare someone for 6s...

Also, I know that we don't have access to all the talent tree abilities yet, but the core rotation is still boring. You basically just spam Shear to build up pain and then use it on Demon Spikes or Soul Cleave. Hitting Immo aura every 15s regardless of 1 enemy or 10.

When it comes down to it, the Pain resource system is a gutted version of the Warrior's rage system.

Also, what's up with their interrupt? It gives them 50 Pain when it interrupts and it's on a 20yd range. It's so good that it makes me wonder if they are nerfing other aspects of the class in order to give them that good of an interrupt. I remember when the Monk's interrupt also silenced the target and they had to nerf it to keep it in line with all the other interrupts. The DH interrupt is so good that it can easily be the difference between a win and a loss.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Playing Vengeance
    Seems like I found the problem.

I don't think (Havoc) DH is supposed to require snares. You've got a fair amount of quick mobility as well as many ranged abilities to make up for it.

As for your interrupt, I don't see what's a problem with it. Its range is 5 yard more than Mind Freeze and locks people for the same duration. The resource generation is just a nice extra when you manage to interrupt someone.

Reason why monk silence was so broken was because it didn't matter whether you kicked someone or not because they'd still be virtually locked out of casting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    Seems like I found the problem.

I don't think (Havoc) DH is supposed to require snares. You've got a fair amount of quick mobility as well as many ranged abilities to make up for it.

As for your interrupt, I don't see what's a problem with it. Its range is 5 yard more than Mind Freeze and locks people for the same duration. The resource generation is just a nice extra when you manage to interrupt someone.

Reason why monk silence was so broken was because it didn't matter whether you kicked someone or not because they'd still be virtually locked out of casting.
    I think it's too good because the resource it gives is going to make every DH beg to let them interrupt. 50 havoc isn't as big a deal, but 50 pain is A LOT. It's equivalent to 5 Shears, That's 5 gcd's worth of resources and a nearly full CS heal.

I'd say in order to be equivalent to 50 havoc, they'd have to nerf the pain generation on it down to 20.

That's like if a DK interrupt gave them 45 RP or a free DS.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

DH's only get their first two talents right now. If any class needs to wait and see what they really are at 110, its DH.

You're playing a tank in pvp, you don't get to have your cake and eat it too.

DH get more as they level up, glaive toss for example will slow people. Having a very incomplete tool kit for 3 weeks is going to feel watered down at times. If it is that bad wait for Legion when they have everything.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2016-08-13 at 09:19 PM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv View Post
    DH's only get their first two talents right now. If any class needs to wait and see what they really are at 110, its DH.
    lvl 110 and artifact doesn't change anything for DH's, hell they actually have the worst set of pvp talents also. DH is a class atm that needs another person to snare/cc for them or a healbot.

Sure DH pvp can be fun when you wreck bads or you have that healbot/ccer to help you kill stuff but when you don't it's like pvping as a paladin in vanilla (minus having freedom). DH is still gonna be my main for pvp and pve even with it's faults cause I've been waiting 8 years for DH to be released lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    DH get more as they level up, glaive toss for example will slow people. Having a very incomplete tool kit for 3 weeks is going to feel watered down at times. If it is that bad wait for Legion when they have everything.
    What/where is the glaive toss slow? That would certainly fix my issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    110 with Artifact skill and their 2 slow talents are death machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    I don't think (Havoc) DH is supposed to require snares.
    Have you ever played a melee class with 100+ ms latency? you have to be right on top of people or it doesn't count as melee range, and if you don't have a snare it feels AWFUL. DHs also have no way of breaking snares at all so they are extremely easy to kite.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    What/where is the glaive toss slow? That would certainly fix my issue.
    It is a talent.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It is a talent.
    Then I'm guessing it's a havoc talent. I was talking about vengeance.

Hate to say it but this has been brought up time and time again on beta for months now. They're really actually underwhelming in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least BDKs found a spec even worse off than they are in terms of getting kited/escaped on.

At least PvP BDKs will have 2 charges of DG, Wrath Walk, snare on demand, and a 4s ranged stun. Veng DHs only have a 30 yard leap with 2 charges and 15 yard charge if they spec for it. No on demand snare = if you have 100 latency, you're fucked. Good luck ever touching the guy kiting you.