Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalken View Post
    You have the zerg, where a single zergling can pretty much kill a group of felguard on it's own seeing as the primitives slashed their way through felguard.
    Not really. Zerglings are literally Felhounds. Felhounds got introduced to warcraft as a nod to stracraft, their size and physical capabilities are supposed to be adequate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    While the zerg is basically neverending, the Legion is literally neverending. How do you beat that which has no limits if you have limits? You don't, you lose.
    Neither is infinite. The Legion only seems neverending because they respawn, but it has a finite amount of members. The number of demons in the Twisting Nether is infinite. But barely a tiny minority are in the Legion. According to the WC3 Manual, the entire Legion only consisted of 1 million demons at the time of the War of the Ancients. By TBC, Azerothians estimated the Legion to only be millions. Millions is a far cry short of unlimited. The Zerg have over 10 BILLION on Char and over 5 BILLION on Aiur. That's just 2 Zerg planets and already over 15 BILLION.

Why do you think Sargeras ordered Kil'jaeden to find him an army? Kind of unnecessary if Sargeras already had an infinite one.

The Legion's main tactic is to use their numbers to overwhelm their opponents with brute force. That's not going to work against the Zerg with 10,000 times the Legion's numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Legion got seriously buffed after introducing "one legion across all realities" between WoD and Legion xpacs.

Illidan said those who understood the magnitude of what Legion is were going mad, and he was unique because he didn't go mad, and instead started planning how to defeat it. And what Legion is... is an actually double infinite army, infinite for the first time because they don't die and only respawn, and infinite for the second time because they can gather resources and new soldiers from all possible realities.
    Aha! Interesting! Would that mean demon worlds spanned multiple realities meaning that the portals could breach each reality? That would mean the zerg could go to a reality of which the zerg swarm existed, possibly meaning the zerg now had infinite resources as well if they could assimilate the portal opening techniques either the demons or illidari used if the illidari used the same portalling as demons that is to breach realities? (View other posts of mine for context, if you haven't already)

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Archie can easily solo the Swarm.
    Doubt it, he was killed by wisp spam lmao. Banelings and the likes are worse than wisp spam.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Neither is infinite. The Legion only seems neverending because they respawn, but it has a finite amount of members. The number of demons in the Twisting Nether is infinite. But barely a tiny minority are in the Legion. According to the WC3 Manual, the entire Legion only consisted of 1 million demons at the time of the War of the Ancients. By TBC, Azerothians estimated the Legion to only be millions.[/URL] Millions is a far cry short of unlimited.

Why do you think Sargeras ordered Kil'jaeden to find him an army? Kind of unnecessary if Sargeras already had an infinite one.

The Legion's main tactic is to use their numbers to overwhelm their opponents with brute force. That's not going to work against the Zerg with 10,000 times the Legion's numbers.
    Thank god you're here, there's also the fact that the zerg biology is leaps and bounds ahead of the legion's tech and even their zerglings could tear apart felguards as the serglings can tank hypersonic neo steel bullets at a rapid fire as shown in the brood war opening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, the legion DOES have it's limits. You have the zerg, where a single zergling can pretty much kill a group of felguard on it's own seeing as the primitives slashed their way through felguard. Doom guard? Bigger slabs of meat to be rendered. Perhaps a hydralisk and a few zerglings could clean it up nicely. Eredar sorcerors and the likes? Oooh noes, something ever so slightly more powerful. Still weaker than a high templar however. Will be dealt with effectively and efficiently. I'd bargain that on the first burning legion incursion when neither side knows anything about each other, the zerg would chrb stomp so bad that their losses would be less than 1% of their stationed forces there and the after,ath of the battle are now fel u
    Improved zerg with more biomass and information on the legion's troops by possibly capturing and infesting survivours.

Offensive capabilities are tiny without superiors getting involved themselves in comparison to the zerg. The legion may as well be sending slabs of meat to the zerg if they just send their trash army. Then the zerg improve further and possibly gain access to the twisting nether by studying them ... Wait a moment, in legion the illidari had eaten. tHe hearts of the demons. Oh my, this'll be easy to overcome without even resorting to amon or wormholes. Infested civilian is given sentiency once more and eats the heart of a demon and other things the same as an illidari. Gaining demonic powers. Reconnecting to the hivemind for reinforcements in this mental fight. From what I can see, illidan can open portals to legion worlds. So why not the illidari themselves?

The more I analyse the more it seems the legion is at disadvantage. This is evident at how the Illidari and Illidan are actually invading demon worlds and arr successful. yOu know, the same primitives the legion are having trouble killing on azeroth, but now they've eaten demon and have their powers?
    A single spell from Archie can wipe out a zerg army. The way they made the lore stats and abilities on warcraft legion it would be impossible to defeat it let alone actually kill a legion leader like Archimonde/KJ. The only force that can defeat it is the "PLAYER" or a lame and broken plot device like Illidan.
    I would love a fight between Ulrezaj and some top warcraft character though.

A single spell from Archie can wipe out a zerg army. The way they made the lore stats and abilities on warcraft legion it would be impossible to defeat it let alone actually kill a legion leader like Archimonde/KJ. The only force that can defeat it is the "PLAYER" or a lame and broken plot device like Illidan.
    Hmm... Let's see.. Keep throwing banelings and infested terran, civilian, bloated bombers and armoured bombers, broodlords and guardians at it until it dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do Zerg have souls/minds/life essence? As I could see fel magic and corruption by the legion and its harvesters and warlocks feeding off a perpetual never ending supply of cannon fodder and just powering up indefinitely.

Not really. Zerglings are literally Felhounds. Felhounds got introduced to warcraft as a nod to stracraft, their size and physical capabilities are supposed to be adequate.
    Wait, felhounds were in war2?

Also, zerglings are tanking hypersonic speed neo steel bullets to the chin and are still able to charge as shown in the broodwar opening cinematic. Their claws cut through neo steel like butter.

7+ Year Old Account
    The legions demons may be able to return over and over again, but they can't bring an infinite number of forces to bear at the exact same time. Every Legion attack is just feeding the swarm, making it stronger, making it evolve specifically to defeat the legion. The legion would basically become a near infinite source of food and material for the swarm until the swarm evolved enough and found their way to the twisting nether, and by that point... well, I might actually start feeling pity for the demons if (or more accurately "when") that ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Do Zerg have souls/minds/life essence? As I could see fel magic and corruption by the legion and its harvesters and warlocks feeding of a perpetual never ending supply of cannon fodder and just powering up indefinitely.
    Souls... Not sure about that, but minds? No, just beastly instinct and direct commands from superiors. Also, I see the hyperevolutionary virus either creating a cure or killing off the creature entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post
    The legions demons may be able to return over and over again, but they can't bring an infinite number of forces to bear at the exact same time. Every Legion attack is just feeding the swarm, making it stronger, making it evolve specifically to defeat the legion. The legion would basically become a near infinite source of food and material for the swarm until the swarm evolved enough and found their way to the twisting nether, and by that point... well, I might actually start feeling pity for the demons if (or more accurately "when") that ever happened.
    Ikr, the swarm is so much more powerful than the actual armies of the legion not included the superiors that they might just end up using them as a farm.

- - - Updated - - -

Idea: Kerrigan can use Telekineses? Use it on him and disable them temp perhaps and spam explosive units and shock damage units.

7+ Year Old Account
    Souls... Not sure about that, but minds? No, just beastly instinct and direct commands from superiors. Also, I see the hyperevolutionary virus either creating a cure or killing off the creature entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Ikr, the swarm is so much more powerful than the actual armies of the legion not included the superiors that they might just end up using them as a farm.
    Exactly, and with the hyper-evolution to boot... can you imagine Sargeras' surprise when he waves his hand and the literally trillions (quadrillions? Quintillions? More?) of demonic hyper-evolved fel-resistant (if not flat out immune) Zerg keep coming and pick him apart like piranha on a cow.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Hmm... Let's see.. Keep throwing banelings and infested terran, civilian, bloated bombers and armoured bombers, broodlords and guardians at it until it dies.
    All Archimonde would have to do is point a finger at them and they would die, or he could just blow up the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Er. This is at it's prime and the Zerg Swarm at it's prime was when the Overmind was around.
    Okay so you're choosing the Zerg under The Overmind; I'd have probably picked Amon. So The legion have to hold out long enough for one of their top wizards like Archimonde to make a spell to kill the Overmind (I mean, he shattered Dalaran, I'm sure something like that going on inside the OM would cause some serious ruption, I mean Tassadar managed it with some psionics so... ... ...

What happened to the Zerg swarm after the Overmind was killed? 5 years of routing before Kerrigan emerges?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post
    Exactly, and with the hyper-evolution to boot... can you imagine Sargeras' surprise when he waves his hand and the literally trillions (quadrillions? Quintillions? More?) of demonic hyper-evolved fel-resistant (if not flat out immune) Zerg keep coming and pick him apart like piranha on a cow.
    You can't become immune to a guy who cuts planets in half with a sword.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

All Archimonde would have to do is point a finger at them and they would die, or he could just blow up the planet.
    If Archimonde could've done that, blowing up the planet, he would've done that to Azeroth.... Also, wouldn't that blow HIM up too? Also, the zerg span multiple worlds..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Okay so you're choosing the Zerg under The Overmind; I'd have probably picked Amon. So The legion have to hold out long enough for one of their top wizards like Archimonde to make a spell to kill the Overmind (I mean, he shattered Dalaran, I'm sure something like that going on inside the OM would cause some serious ruption, I mean Tassadar managed it with some psionics so... ... ...

What happened to the Zerg swarm after the Overmind was killed? 5 years of routing before Kerrigan emerges?
    Something like this is the Legions only chance for survival. If they can find a way to shatter the core of the Zerg hive consciousness. Because in an actual war of forces, it's not even close.

- - - Updated - - -

Swing a sword at a swarm of angry hornets and tell me how that works for ya. Sure, you can cut their nest in half and smach it to pieces, but you are about to be in for a bad day.

Now imagine that swarm of hornets have evolved to become immune to pesticides and fire and can breathe underwater and can swim (if you try to escape in the nearby lake or some such)... That's what he'd be facing eventually.
    Last edited by Ghrog; 2017-01-10 at 06:26 PM.

Mhm, but that's after majority of cerebrates are killed also, aka unkillable without void energies as strong as zeratul's blades.

Also, with the overmind you'd get amon as well because at that time, he was just planning on his return. He had been dead for millennia, he should've honestly just come back as soon as the overmind showed progress of defeating the enemy instead of being an edgelord and waiting until he was long dead. This way, we wouldnhave amon, the overmind AND kerrigan. Gg. Assuming amon came back anyways. Which I am betting he will when he finds the perfect staging ground, the twisting nether. For his hybrid.

Deleted
    It well truely come down to the simple fact. Can the zerg Assimilate fel or well it corrupt anything it touchs and in the processe make it unusable to the swarm. Becuase if the swarm cannot reuse the biomass lost to fel then it well lose faster and faster.

and how strong is neo steel? in wow felsteel truesteel? thorium?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure they can. The Zerg can already survive in the vacuum of space.

Wait, felhounds were in war2?
    They were introduced in WC3, after SC came out.

Another thing I would like to say if my massive previous post was thoroughly read, that it was an ENTIRE CARRIER THAT WAS A FLAG SHIP. Infused with not only khalai energies,cbut void energies as well as the self destruction of the super carrier with the elite high templar on board to further boost the effect, that was actually a xel'naga in disguise to make the kill actually plausible against the montrosity.

Also, the zerg are way less in numbers after bw due to the previous fightings and losses of cerebrates.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Archimonde could've done that, blowing up the planet, he would've done that to Azeroth.... Also, wouldn't that blow HIM up too? Also, the zerg span multiple worlds..
    He needed something on Azeroth, so he didn't blow it up. And who cares if the zerg span multiple worlds, the legion has no problem with ruining worlds.

Swing a sword at a swarm of angry hornets and tell me how that works for ya. Sure, you can cut their nest in half and smach it to pieces, but you are about to be in for a bad day.

Now imagine that swarm of hornets have evolved to become immune to pesticides and fire and can breathe underwater and can swim (if you try to escape in the nearby lake or some such)... That's what he'd be facing eventually.
    You can't evolve if nothing survives, Sargeras is a walking larger than planets fel fire torch.

Sure they can. The Zerg can already survive in the vacuum of space.
    The amount of force caused by hitting a planet hard enough for it to overcome it's own gravity and explode would insure nothing would survive on that planet even if they are immune to space vacuum.
    Holy shit lol